Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: getting money back from tradehill  (Read 3118 times)
ploum (OP)

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 08:20:39 AM

Hello,

I've been away from the Bitcoin community for a bit less than a year, to avoid temptation of short-term trading ;-)

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I discovered that TradeHill shutdown. I still have bitcoins there. How can I retrieve them ?

Thanks in advance for helping and sorry for being several trains late.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 09:07:46 AM

Welcome back ! For one thing I suggest you change the referral link in your signature to bitcoin-central.net .. Wink

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 11:27:22 AM

Here's one of the last messages on the topic from Jered of TradeHill.  It includes their e-mail address:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81644.msg903109#msg903109

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ploum (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 09:04:14 AM

I've tried to contact info@tradehill.com but this is an automic address who transform your email into some ticket on https://tradehill.zendesk.com  which means I doubt there will be any reply (but maybe, it just takes really long for them to do so).

Anyway, I'm sad to see TradeHill disappearing.

PS: thanks, I've changed my signature.

mrbrown
VIP

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:12:07 PM

i am still waiting for him to pay me my money (4,5k
) but he hasnt been online since 16 may i believe
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:40:40 AM

I've tried to contact info@tradehill.com but this is an automic address who transform your email into some ticket on https://tradehill.zendesk.com  which means I doubt there will be any reply (but maybe, it just takes really long for them to do so).

He's partnered with Jonathan Ryan Owens on a new project so you might be able to reach him through that. 

http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2012/05/bitcoins-hogwarts-san-francisco-tech.html

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mrbrown
VIP

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 12:20:07 PM

https://tradehill.zendesk.com doesnt exist anymore so i guess he stole my 4500$ he also didn't post since the 16th of may and no response to my pm or topics about this..
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:25:42 AM

i guess he stole my 4500$ he also didn't post since the 16th of may and no response to my pm or topics about this..

Name:   mrbrown
Position:   VIP
Date Registered:   May 08, 2012, 10:31:10 AM

i wonder how someone would put that much money into a bitcoin exchange before even having a forum account.

tradehill stopped exchanging nearly four months ago so it makes sense that a late claim like yours wouldn't get immediate attention.  what date did you send an email to him?
mrbrown
VIP

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:51:14 AM

i guess he stole my 4500$ he also didn't post since the 16th of may and no response to my pm or topics about this..

Name:   mrbrown
Position:   VIP
Date Registered:   May 08, 2012, 10:31:10 AM

i wonder how someone would put that much money into a bitcoin exchange before even having a forum account.

tradehill stopped exchanging nearly four months ago so it makes sense that a late claim like yours wouldn't get immediate attention.  what date did you send an email to him?

I only joined this forum to contact jared and get my money back... It worked for someone else i know ,by the way it's not a late claim he paid me 2 months ago the first half and than told me that the rest would follow the next week..never heared nothing anymore from him...
ploum (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 10:02:51 AM

Could you send me, by PM, his email address ?

Thanks

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:00:13 PM

Could you send me, by PM, his email address ?

There's an address here:

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57295.msg682977#msg682977

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

oddity

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:25:56 AM

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I discovered that TradeHill shutdown. I still have bitcoins there. How can I retrieve them ?

Ploum, im in a similar position. Have you had any luck recovering your coins? I have had no response from tradehill/Jared
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:03:05 PM

Ploum, im in a similar position. Have you had any luck recovering your coins? I have had no response from tradehill/Jared
me too, I haven't gotten any response either
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:48:16 PM

If you guys didn't get your shit out when they where going under you are just a little late to the boat.

The last time I heard they where taking all unredeamed equities and putting them twords some merchant solution project they where working on.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
iopq

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:25:49 PM

If you guys didn't get your shit out when they where going under you are just a little late to the boat.

The last time I heard they where taking all unredeamed equities and putting them twords some merchant solution project they where working on.

well, I know you owe me hundreds of dollars
but you didn't ask for them back for like
the last 2 months so they're mine

^
|
this is your logic
jwzguy

Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:29:19 PM

^
|
this is your logic

Last 2 months?

Do you realize how long it's been since Tradehill shut down operations?

Do you think that just because (irresponsible) people were using them as a bank and not checking on their accounts for a year at a time, that they're required to provide banking services (which were never part of their business plan) until the end of time?

Seriously?
repentance

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 02:20:41 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 08:07:46 AM by repentance

Coinabul posted this on reddit earlier today.

I just talked to Jered, CEO of Tradehill. He's been taking a break from cashouts, he's been flooded with fraudulent claims. Send me a message with your friend's personal info and I'll forward it on.

Perhaps contacting Coinabul would be the best way of getting in touch with Jered.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
iopq

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:26:56 AM

^
|
this is your logic

Last 2 months?

Do you think that just because (irresponsible) people were using them as a bank and not checking on their accounts for a year at a time, that they're required to provide banking services (which were never part of their business plan) until the end of time?

Seriously?
a year at a time? it shut down this year
repentance

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:14:24 AM

^
|
this is your logic

Last 2 months?

Seriously?
a year at a time? it shut down this year

I do agree that given the short lifespan of so many Bitcoin enterprises people need to actively monitor the state of the services with which they place funds.  There's a non-trivial risk that if you don't keep your finger on the pulse of the Bitcoin world for a few months, you'll miss out on important information concerning the services with which you do business.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 06:24:43 AM

i was in prison when neteller got jacked by the US govt.  they only gave you like 6 months to withdraw

i got screwed

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: