Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:58:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was interrogated today by Customs because Bitcoin Magazine and it ended insanely  (Read 4362 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 12:49:30 AM

Bitcoin Magazine's journalistic integrity time of death... Tuesday, June 12th 11:46 Central Time.

It's all hype and link bait from here guys!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 12:53:09 AM

Well at least the cover didnt mention buying drugs at silk road  Smiley

I got a lot of flac initially about the current cover too. After today I have more proof of why it was perfect for the issue.  Cheesy

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 12:56:58 AM

Well at least the cover didnt mention buying drugs at silk road  Smiley

I got a lot of flac initially about the current cover too. After today I have more proof of why it was perfect for the issue.  Cheesy
The next one needs to have the V for Vendetta mask interposed with a skull. That would look more awesome.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 01:05:09 AM

At 10:48 AM this morning of June 12th, one of our European representatives and the Managing Editor for Bitcoin Magazine, Mihai Alisie, arrived at a Romanian post office to claim 3 large and lately arrived shipments of the Bitcoin Magazine from customs.

Entering the offices and presenting his claim form, a middle-aged Romania Customs Officer...

WhoWhatWhenWhereWhyHow

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:15:49 AM

At 10:48 AM this morning of June 12th, one of our European representatives and the Managing Editor for Bitcoin Magazine, Mihai Alisie, arrived at a Romanian post office to claim 3 large and lately arrived shipments of the Bitcoin Magazine from customs.

Entering the offices and presenting his claim form, a middle-aged Romania Customs Officer...

WhoWhatWhenWhereWhyHow

Mihai is going back for photos and names, don't worry. Don't have it atm.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 01:38:02 AM

Mihai is going back for photos and names, don't worry. Don't have it atm.

I just mean don't forget to at least include the name of the country, otherwise, your reader is confused most of the way trying to picture "customs" without a clue in the world where you're talking about.  UK?  South Korea? etc.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 01:49:52 AM

Oh gosh, he made you read further to find out something you wanted to know?

Gosh, Real Marketers don't do stuff like that, do they?

-MarkM- (maybe they do, read on to explore in more depth the fascinating contrast(s) between journalism and copywriting...)

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:28:36 AM

What surprises me most is that they're shipping the magazines to Romania to be resent to the European customers who paid for them. Great management, no doubt.

I am planning logistics for issue #2. So you can blame me for "Great Management", whatever that means.

-
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 06:41:36 AM

Coming back to states after a three week visit to India during the first week of '92, I found myself in line at customs in NYC with five large suitcases, each individually duct taped to the max, prepped such a way to survive the trip. While in line, I held two pieces of reading material: A leaflet outlining what I legally can and can't bring back to the States from India and a paperback book, of the which its title now eludes me. While waiting in the long line, I took it upon myself to read the leaflet to pass the time. I couldn't believe what I was reading. It seems that the main three things that you're not allowed to bring back to the US from India is exactly what I had in three of the five suitcases: mass quantities of silver; mass quantities of peacock feathers; and mass quantities of spices. After reading those lines, looking down the still line of people and seeing suitcases being opened and gone through, then slightly glancing at my suitcases, only one thought went through this half brain of mine--Midnight Express. My asshole still tightens up just thinking about certain scenes. At any rate, I finally reached the custom agent. A pleasant over-weight middle-aged woman. I just knew I was fucked when she asked what I was reading. I told her just this leaflet. She said no, the other one--the book. I held it up for her to see what I recall was a best seller at the time. And for the next five minutes we talked about the book and how she just read it, liked it, etc. Afterward, she asked me--wait for it--do you have any mass quantities of... or... or...? I lied to her and said no, and even asked if she wanted me to open all the suitcases for me to show her. She said no, then welcomed me back to the United States. I then went to my next connecting flight heading to O'hare without a worry in the world with my mass quantities of...

~Bruno~
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:34:57 AM

In the thread title "interviewed" should be replaced by "interrogated".  Wink

-
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: