Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:46:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not able to send PM  (Read 875 times)
barbstap (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:19:46 PM

I am new to bitcointalk.org but i am not able to send PM
I have already search this forum and came to know that 1 post is required to remove this restriction
I have already made 2 posts but still i am not able to send PM
Please help
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbstap (OP)

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:31:47 PM

Thank you just got access to send PM
very fast action by moderators  Smiley
ludo0777

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 06:52:53 PM

Thank you just got access to send PM
very fast action by moderators  Smiley

I think its automatic...
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:03:58 PM

Yes, it is. Once you're out of the zero-post group, you get PM access granted to you.
tomwopat

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 02:37:03 AM

Can't PM either.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 03:28:05 AM

Can't PM either.

The switch sometimes takes up to 10 minutes to take effect. That includes the release from the newbie cage, so once you've hit the limits, be patient.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:03:25 AM

The switch sometimes takes up to 10 minutes to take effect. That includes the release from the newbie cage, so once you've hit the limits, be patient.

^^ Exactly what I was going to say.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 11:57:36 AM

This system sucks.

At least put a notice to new users with clear rules and don't waste their time figuring out.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 11:59:33 AM

This system sucks.

At least put a notice to new users with clear rules and don't waste their time figuring out.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15958.0

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:02:42 PM

The notice is there when you tried to register - you had to confirm that you read everything too by ticking that flag.
thelibertycap

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:18:33 PM

The notice is there when you tried to register - you had to confirm that you read everything too by ticking that flag.

Yup, now got it.

My stupid comments are a direct result of this issue. Its me who is guilty that I didnt read it properly - you are now well protected against bots abusing your site but not from people like me who didnt consider reading such texts during registration as important.
And now I am bitching because I have nothing meaningful to say in the newbie area and I have to have some posts before posting elsewere.

And this all started when I wanted to point 1 thing out in one forum that I considered important. What a waste of time registering here.
Nooner

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 12:39:17 PM

Loving the positive attitude about joining a new community where you can make a meaningful contribution...  Roll Eyes
thelibertycap

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:42:57 PM

Loving the positive attitude about joining a new community where you can make a meaningful contribution...  Roll Eyes

Its a pitty I had to make this meaningless contributions just because I wanted to contribute with something I thought was of value.

Admins are turning this Newbies subforum into trash. This is a result expected from users actions after joining when they are forced to comment on things of little interest to them. I expect most people to join bitcointalk because they have something specific to contribute after reading the forum unregistered for some time - and not because they want to chitchat about random stuff in the playground here.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:55:30 PM

Its a pitty I had to make this meaningless contributions just because I wanted to contribute with something I thought was of value.

Admins are turning this Newbies subforum into trash. This is a result expected from users actions after joining when they are forced to comment on things of little interest to them. I expect most people to join bitcointalk because they have something specific to contribute after reading the forum unregistered for some time - and not because they want to chitchat about random stuff in the playground here.
If you see the amount of spambots and trolls we have to put up with daily, even with the newbie restrictions in place you'll know why we implemented this system. Five posts and four hours is enough for the restrictions to be lifted so senseless contributions is not needed.
netrik

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:24:57 AM

thanks for clearing things up  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: