Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a copy of the blockchain with a full transaction index to get started?  (Read 1333 times)
freefurger (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:12:54 AM

I put txindex=1 in my bitcoin configuration file.

I was told the database needed to be reindexed, and then I was asked if I would like to continue.

I typed "yes" and it has been reindexing for three days now. I don't know if this is ever going to stop.

Is there a copy of the blockchain with a full transaction index available similar to bootstrap.dat?

Would anyone be willing to create a torrent for this?

This is really getting in the way of working on an idea I have :|
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:26:36 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0

Smiley
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 05:32:50 AM

He knows about bootstrap.dat and has an up-to-date blockchain so that link is of no help.

Unfortunately I haven't heard of anyone providing the index file(s) but if you do find that please let update this topic (as I might be interested in this also for testing purposes).

I guess it would also be nicer if bitcoin-qt could show some progress when re-indexing (so at least you'd have an idea how long until it will complete).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 06:21:02 AM

I typed "yes" and it has been reindexing for three days now. I don't know if this is ever going to stop.
What hardware is this? if a reindex is taking more than a few hours your disk may be failing.  Just getting the files from someone else is not going to address whatever the underlying performance problem is here.
freefurger (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:29:20 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 07:51:05 PM by freefurger

What hardware is this?

Virtualbox running on a machine with these specs:

2 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

The virtual machine itself has access to 8192MB of ram and all 8 cores.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: