Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed]  (Read 1434 times)
Megabit monster (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:26:26 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 04:28:56 PM by Megabit monster

Closed for restructure.

Cisco CCNP + CCIE Written. Open to various networking/VOIP related projects. 
Accept bitcoin for payments. Extensive successful project history.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

I'm curious to know how you are planning to do the merged-mining payouts.  Did you write some code to handle it, or are you just going to manually dispense the BTC to miners?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Megabit monster (OP)

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:15:56 PM

I'm curious to know how you are planning to do the merged-mining payouts.  Did you write some code to handle it, or are you just going to manually dispense the BTC to miners?

Just manual like you do for now.  I'll probably write a python script at some point but I am doing a LAN refresh right now @ work and my days are spent staging and deploying switches =/ super boring

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Just manual like you do for now.  I'll probably write a python script at some point but I am doing a LAN refresh right now @ work and my days are spent staging and deploying switches =/ super boring
Staging and deploying switches... how do you handle so much excitement? Tongue

I keep telling myself that I'm going to write something to handle merged mining payouts, but I never find the time to get it done.  I've only ever found 2 blocks of NMC on my node - one back in April when I found the block of BTC and another a few days ago.  I manually exchanged the coins on cryptsy for BTC, then sent the donation to all p2pool miners via the "patron sendmany" functionality.  I actually used hunter bunter's script on his site to do it (http://blisterpool.com/p2pdonate).  Since I'm the only miner on my node, seemed a bit silly to donate only to myself Smiley.

By the way, all IXC have been generated, so at this point you're only mining to support the transactions and don't get any newly minted coins when you find a block.  DVC are practically worthless - about 8 satoshi per DVC.  The block of 5000 will only get you about 0.0004BTC.  The NMC get you a bit better price - about 0.0024BTC per coin, so the block of 50 will get you about 0.12BTC.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Megabit monster (OP)

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:37:01 AM

Front end updated.  Thanks johndoe75!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: