Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:17:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE usability issues  (Read 964 times)
jothan (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Feel the coffee, be the coffee.

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 11:05:54 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 02:55:08 PM by jothan

Disclaimer: This post consists solely of my opinion, nefario has done a great job so far.

The !@#$%^ charts:

While the charts look pretty in most cases, I find them annoying for several reasons:

• The fixed time interval makes it impossible to zoom in or focus on the last month/week/day. Since it charts all data since the start of the security squeezes the Y axis if there was a very high or low price at any time in the past. Case in point: The GIGAMINING chart https://glbse.com/asset/view/GIGAMINING
  • The market depth info is non-cumulative. That means that one has to "integrate" the chart in his head to get an MtgoxLive-like view. I find it much easier to read a cumulative depth chart since the slope of the curve tells you how much depth there is at that specific price. I would not be opposed to have a cumulative and a non-cumulative depth chart. You could make it easy to switch between the two views.
  • The depth chart suffers from the same lack of range limiting. The smallest bid price for GIGAMINING is 0.0000001 and the maximum ask price is 1000, this makes for a ludicrous flat line with a spike.

Usability of buying and selling

I find myself switching between the page of the security in question and the portfolio page a lot when I am buying or selling.

I use the portfolio page to:
  • Know how much of the security I have (balance and reserved).
  • Cancel orders.

I use the security page to:
  • Look at the security data (price, depth, etc...).
  • Place an order.

The fact that I have to alternate between these pages is a pain. I use tabs one for the security and one for the portfolio but it gets confusing very quick when dealing with all the PPT.X securities I have.

A little bit of redundancy between the portfolio page and the security page would be a big help to efficient trading.

Bonus points:

A table view of the last few trades would be nice to have. Timestamp, price and amount would be way enough.

Money + mouth

I pledge to donate 1.0 BTC to nefario if the charts are made usable.
I pledge to donate 2.0 BTC to nefario if he makes trading a lot more efficient.

Bitcoin: the only currency you can store directly into your brain.

What this planet needs is a good 0.0005 BTC US nickel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mollison

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:51:17 AM

I pledge to donate 1.0 BTC to nefario if the charts are made usable.
I pledge to donate 2.0 BTC to nefario if he makes trading a lot more efficient.

LOL.  Grin

For casual stuff, the GLBSE website is pretty nice. For more in-depth analysis or a "workflow" of placing orders and reviewing your portfolio, etc., it's better to use the API. I have a custom Python program for this.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 12:26:15 AM

There are plenty of things that need improvement on GLBSE, the UI being one of them, but there is a thread already open for this called GLBSE feature requests, you can find it here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74049.0

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
jothan (OP)

Activity: 184

Feel the coffee, be the coffee.

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 01:49:02 AM

There are plenty of things that need improvement on GLBSE, the UI being one of them, but there is a thread already open for this called GLBSE feature requests, you can find it here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74049.0

Wups, sorry nefario.

Thread locked.

Bitcoin: the only currency you can store directly into your brain.

What this planet needs is a good 0.0005 BTC US nickel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: