Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Credit Ratings  (Read 2387 times)
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 07:15:47 AM

Regarding OggNasty's comment and others on GLBSE verification.

Firstly I'd LOVE to hand it off to a third party(it's rather a time consuming process), it's not something that I think GLBSE should be doing but no one else is offering to do it so....we do.

Regarding Oggs comments on how useful verification is, with each element that is verified the risk that the person is not who they say they are goes down.

We don't just accept ID's for ID verification, we also require that a picture of the person be sent as well to compare (so that stolen ID's cannot be used), we only accept certain types of ID making the job easier for us.

Add in Facebook and linked-In verification which reduces risk further, we check the accounts to ensure that they are genuine, and if pics are present we compare to photo ID as well. This isn't a process that cannot be fooled but with each step it gets more difficult.

On the phone verification front Google voice actually tells the caller that it's a GV number and is being forwarded, we don't accept GV or any number forwarding service (if we know it is one).

For address verification, we don't send mail, we use another method.

Often when an issuer gets fully verified they also send us extra documents and other information, added to that we scour the web for the person to determine if they have an existing online reputation and save those details too.

Each verification takes about 1- 1&1/2 hours of work.

As I said it's not fool proof or guaranteed, but is a risk reducing measure, it reduces the risk of this person not so much being a scammer but of pretending to be someone they're not. One that I'd be happy to hand off to another organisation that would do this.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 12:40:25 AM

I keep waiting for brokerage houses and third party agencies to open but it hasnt happened. Ive been suggesting this since the days you needed to use the python client  Smiley

Sean Vangill

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:00:49 PM

Rehypothetication via a cross-collaterilizationfrom a counter-partyies fascinates me most. https://fitsmallbusiness.com/what-is-cross-collateralization/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: