Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:55:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter from a former bitcoin lover  (Read 2507 times)
KROIN_SYSTEM (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:41:07 AM

The world has changed. And it has changed even more after the birth of Bitcoin. Undoubtedly, an inspiration to many in the system of on-line transactions. Will it be the element that will change this system? I do not believe so.

Ok, these are strong statements, but I want to try to prove them. Let's go back in time to 2009 when all started with... oh... right... sorry... nobody knows who is Satoshi Nakamoto. This first element helps me in my attempt.

You can not be a real, viable and credible alternative with anonymity. Sorry for that...but it's true!

Would you feel safe if the United States was governed by an unknown stranger who calls himself Ghino di Tacco?

Ok maybe he would have done less damage than George Bush, but that's not the point. Can you imagine the French Revolution without having any idea of who Robespierre was? Let's think of the t-shirts of Che with the question mark ? Regardless of political views, everyone has their own, of course. 

But let's suppose that we can forgive Mr Nakamoto's excessive shyness, who could also be a woman, I would not do biblical errors,  and move on to the bitcoin lover slogan: never again without centralizing, rich and powerful banks.  Lovely, I agree, I then read a report of the bank of England, I swear it has been send to me by accident, I usually do not have such dangerous friendships, and it turns out that only 927 people own more than the 50% of bitcoin in circulation! Led by those two jocks of Winklevoss. The discouragement prevails and I hang the pick of the mining to the nail, almost new, since being able to get Bitcoins with computational power has to date the same probability of going out for dinner together with Kate Moss and making her eat something.

Ok, do you know what's going on? I step to financial speculation and I create an account on some unregulated exchanges, we hate rules and centralization. The major exchanges are on MtGox... ok perfect... five minutes and my account is operating and running! Fantastic! As many minutes after I didn't ever have a mbits left to cry.

No problem, I go on, before I was cautious and I “only” lose 5000 $, but in all revolutions there is always some hitch at the beginning. I go forward, I buy it for 1200$ Huh Ok, some Bitcoin Jesus said 10,000$ there is space enough. To date, in the meanwhile, they have become 360 $ but it is known... that's speculation: no pain gain.

While I am waiting for 10,000$  to sell everything and  retire to private life, Eureka, I have found it! The blockchain is the turning point of everything. The wonderful protocol with which the system will be destroyed. We will unhinge it and we will be all free to use our BTC. I go and see the nodes, from 250,0000 to less than 7,000? My legs are trembling, I am sweating, I am downloading apps on my smartphone to keep myself updated about prices on the exchanges 360$, 400$, and 360$ again, ok  there are only 9600$ missing but we can do it!

I do not want to distract myself, I stay on the blockchain, and then at the end I wonder how many people use bitcoin except rich people? OMG only 500 thousand people! And 47 of them have more than 10Mln $ in BTC.

I close my pc, I switch off my mobile phone and I send an e-mail: Dear Mr. Nakamoto, are you perhaps working at 'Nsa at Cia or in Wall Street? Since this revolution is new born but it seems so old...

Best regards,

A former bitcoin lover.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:12:45 AM

Dear OP,
dafuq did I just read? Are they passing around a crack pipe at the OWS rally?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:32:33 AM

first few paragraphs
satoshi doesnt need to be known because satishi is not a leader, nor is he advocating anything. he just supplied a tool and WE THE PEOPLE advocate how WE want to use it.

second few paragraphs
it doesnt matter who has how many bitcoins, if you were rich and had hundreds of thousands you wouldnt be shouting the same speach, i understand selfishness of man always wants what others have and that most will complain when they have less.. put simply if you want it, do something. dont bitch and moan.

thirdly
by your comparison of bitcoin to a dollar fiscal value, shows your limited understanding of bitcoin and the fact that your purchase was only in the intention of buying at $1200 to sell at $10k. if you wish to be one of the golden hoarders, the price and fiat value would be meaningless to you and you would be hoarding bitcoins for the multiple other reasons bitcoins exist. never to sell bitcoins on an exchange for fiat profit

fourthly
the 7k node tally is not the world collection of bitcoiners. it is simply the small corner of the globe that has nodes with direct connections to the node listing website. i and atleast 20 other people in my circle of communications are not listed on that list eventhough i/we bitcoin-core. thus that 7k is a useless number in regards to estimating anything.

fifthly
good idea to close our computer, stop selling coins on exchanges and stop looking at the crappy exchanges (i agree they are crap) instead lock your coins away in paper wallets and leave it as your retirement present.

basically if people were allowed to personally withdraw and mess around with their own personal pensions anytime they liked, they would not have anything left by the time they reached retirement age. so do not sell at a loss. you only lose!

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:51:51 AM

- snip -
nobody knows who is Satoshi Nakamoto.
- snip -

Correct.  And reasonable people don't care who he is either.  He came up with an impressive solution to managing distributed consensus, but he has no control over the current protocol or software.

You can not be a real, viable and credible alternative with anonymity. Sorry for that...but it's true!

Fortunately the source code is completely public. Everyone is welcome to review the software and see exactly what it does.  Therefore the credibility of the initial publisher doesn't matter.  Bitcoin is a real, viable, and credible alternative, because there is nothing hidden about it.

- snip -
it turns out that only 927 people own more than the 50% of bitcoin in circulation
- snip -

I'm not sure of the exact number, but you are welcome to own more if you like.  Nobody is stopping you from buying it.

being able to get Bitcoins with computational power has to date the same probability of going out for dinner together with Kate Moss and making her eat something.

That seems like a rather insulting and insensitive thing to say about Kate Moss.  Regardless, you clearly don't understand how bitcoin mining works.

- snip -
The major exchanges are on MtGox
- snip -

What?  No.

MtGox doesn't even exist as a solvent company any longer.  Any transactions with them should have been considered very high risk since at least January of 2013.

I buy it for 1200$ Huh Ok, some Bitcoin Jesus said 10,000$ there is space enough. To date, in the meanwhile, they have become 360 $ but it is known... that's speculation

Yes.  That's speculation.  It might be $10,000 some day.  That day could be tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or next year, or next decade, or never.

It could also drop to less than $0.01 per bitcoin.  That day could be tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or next year, or next decade, or never.

Bitcoin is still in its infancy and is a very volatile experimental system.  You shouldn't be storing your money with something if you dont' understand the risks involved.

- snip -
The blockchain is the turning point of everything. The wonderful protocol
- snip -

Correct.  The blockchain is a very important part of the protocol.  It allows a distributed system of users to arrive at an agreed consensus on the ordering of transactions.

see the nodes, from 250,0000 to less than 7,000?

It is very difficult to get an accurate count of nodes.  Nodes don't connect to a central server, therefore any attempt to count them will always miss some of them.

My legs are trembling, I am sweating, I am downloading apps on my smartphone to keep myself updated about prices on the exchanges 360$, 400$, and 360$ again,
- snip -

If you can't handle the volatility of the bitcoin exchange rate without experiencing such severe stress, then you really shouldn't have exchange so much of your money for so much bitcoin.

- snip -
I wonder how many people use bitcoin except rich people? OMG only 500 thousand people!

Any such number is purely a guess.  There is no way to know exactly how many people are using bitcoins.  You can count unspent outputs, but because there are services that provide users with accounts, it is possible for thousands of people to be sharing a single unspent output.

And 47 of them have more than 10Mln $ in BTC.

47 people?  Can you name them?  If not, then how do you know that it is only 47 people?

I close my pc, I switch off my mobile phone and I send an e-mail:

If your phone is off and your PC is "closed", how are you going to send an email?

Dear Mr. Nakamoto, are you perhaps working at 'Nsa at Cia or in Wall Street? Since this revolution is new born but it seems so old...

Since Nakamoto is long gone and has no influence over bitcoin, why would it matter where he works?

A former bitcoin lover.

Good riddance.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:54:31 AM

Small home miners cannot mine sizeable amount of Bitcoins because Bitcoin popularity exploded since GPU days, thus much more resoures are put to Bitcoin mining. But it is ok, it only makes Bitcoin more secure and valuable.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:58:57 AM

I close my pc
A common Filipino idiom.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
tescomatty

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:10:35 AM

Would you feel safe if the United States was governed by an unknown stranger who calls himself Ghino di Tacco?

I would feel safe if the United States was governed by millions of unknown strangers, much better than giving all the power to few "representatives" Smiley

KROIN_SYSTEM (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:16:09 AM

I would feel safe if the United States was governed by millions of unknown strangers, much better than giving all the power to few "representatives" Smiley

That's the point. Do you think Btc could works in the same way in financial and economic environment? thank you.
tescomatty

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:44:16 AM

That's the point. Do you think Btc could works in the same way in financial and economic environment? thank you.

Bitcoin is very young, not many people using/hoarding it compared to fiat currencies thats why you see 50% Bitcoins owned by only thousand adresses. If Bitcoin can be scaled to Billions of people I have no idea, but I still believe Bitcoin is the only independent currency with small, but already noticable usage in economy

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 10:00:21 AM

Sounds like you love something you do not understand.

Read the white paper, fall in love all over again.

Also this:

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
KROIN_SYSTEM (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:18:44 AM

Sounds like you love something you do not understand.

Read the white paper, fall in love all over again.

Also this:

http://thefinanser.co.uk/.a/6a01053620481c970b01a73d7c88e5970d-450wi

I think is main reason because prices going down.
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:19:38 AM

tl;dr

you mean you never love bitcoin for now? maybe you just lost any money or any faith
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:03:27 AM

tl;dr

you mean you never love bitcoin for now? maybe you just lost any money or any faith

Nothing new to see here, just another developer attacking Bitcoin and leaching off of Bitcointalk's popularity to promote his new alt.

KROIN_SYSTEM is a new account Date Registered:    October 20, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

The real user likely has an older profile account that they don't want to tarnish while they begin to pump this new alt that will "revolutionize the world".

I have no problem with alts with innovative features but they should succeed on their own merits without these dishonest tactics spreading FUD. This is a rather pathetic attempt at injecting distrust into Bitcoin, and I am growing rather tired at these attacks in order to promote alts.

Please stop posting here and spreading FUD since you no longer love Bitcoin, because after all this is Bitcointalk.org.

KROIN_SYSTEM (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

tl;dr

Nothing new to see here, just another developer attacking Bitcoin and leaching off of Bitcointalk's popularity to promote his new alt.

KROIN_SYSTEM is a new account Date Registered:    October 20, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

The real user likely has an older profile account that they don't want to tarnish while they begin to pump this new alt that will "revolutionize the world".

I have no problem with alts with innovative features but they should succeed on their own merits without these dishonest tactics spreading FUD. This is a rather pathetic attempt at injecting distrust into Bitcoin, and I am growing rather tired at these attacks in order to promote alts.

Please stop posting here and spreading FUD since you no longer love Bitcoin, because after all this is Bitcointalk.org.

Kroin System is a project and a company with 4 founders and 5 people team plus 3 people working full time and part time in outsourcing. We received 2 mln usd seed invest. My sarcastic letter is just a way to discuss about an incredible and innovative protocol that is not exempt to criticism.

We didn't pump nothing , we just try to shares ideas, if is possible.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:01:16 PM

Also this:

That seems a bit specious to me, I think it's counting mined blocks paid out from pools to miners as "spent", just reflects that there are very very few private solo miners any more.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:07:33 PM

Kroin System is a project and a company with 4 founders and 5 people team plus 3 people working full time and part time in outsourcing. We received 2 mln usd seed invest. My sarcastic letter is just a way to discuss about an incredible and innovative protocol that is not exempt to criticism.

Rather than gaining enemies with your "sarcastic" FUD, why don't you pump... I mean share your ideas about your alt here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

inBitweTrust

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:17:28 PM

Fortunately just few enemies, but you know someone need to be pump... sorry "stimulated" for a serious talk... ;-) lol

Come back to us when you have a whitepaper to post in the alt section. Until than stop spreading FUD about bitcoin unless you want the amount of enemies to grow. You are talking to a community who has been attacked by many scammers and we are becoming a highly skeptical group which can identify a scheme / scam from a distance.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

BUT YOU  KNOW WHAT, I 'LL CHANGE FROM KROIN_SYSTEM TO MY REAL NAME EDOARDO GRIGIONE. So there is no way to be charged to pump anything...  now we can talk about how we can change payments and money creation ?

Of course I'm open to a genuine conversation. Hopefully, it will be more genuine than this thread. Spreading that old NSA/CIA myth is really just sad, you can do better than that.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:39:04 PM

Rather than gaining enemies with your "sarcastic" FUD, why don't you pump... I mean share your ideas about your alt here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Fortunately just few enemies, but you know someone need to be pump... sorry "stimulated" for a serious talk... ;-) lol

BUT YOU  KNOW WHAT, I 'LL CHANGE FROM KROIN_SYSTEM TO MY REAL NAME EDOARDO GRIGIONE. So there is no way to be charged to pump anything...  now we can talk about how we can change payments and money creation ?

Tell us about your project/altcoin so we can FUD it up real good

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:40:28 PM

first few paragraphs
satoshi doesnt need to be known because satishi is not a leader, nor is he advocating anything. he just supplied a tool and WE THE PEOPLE advocate how WE want to use it.

We don't even HAVE a name for the people who invented the hammer, the axe, the saw, the screwdriver, fire < well there's legends.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: