Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:06:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for fathers day?  (Read 1207 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:50:18 AM

could this be why the price is rising?
people gifting bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:18:34 AM

I'm thinking anyone who is using Bitcoin has a dad that is so old they are really not even capable of knowing what the hell to do with it.  My dad can barely use a "feature" phone, he can't operate a computer at all, and we have to constantly show him that all the answers to his questions are contained within this magical thing called "Google".  "I wonder if there are any of those classic Triumph motorcycles for sale out there".  "Dad, look, pictures and prices for tons of classic Triumphs..." *shows him screen of my Droid*.  Yeah, Bitcoin in his world? Not gonna happen.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:53:58 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 02:14:41 PM by Hexadecibel

Im getting a physical silver round 10 BTC piece for my dad. Hes 61, and loves the concept of bitcoin

https://www.casascius.com/
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:01:33 PM

I'm thinking anyone who is using Bitcoin has a dad that is so old they are really not even capable of knowing what the hell to do with it.

Wat. My dad has been speculating and using BTC pretty much since the moment I told him they existed. Being over 60 doesn't necessarily cause a lack of interest in tech or finance, right?

BTW. Hexadecibel. I watched that episode, and now I hear the "yay" every time I see that avatar...! Wah! (Yay~)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:15:44 PM

I'm thinking anyone who is using Bitcoin has a dad that is so old they are really not even capable of knowing what the hell to do with it.  My dad can barely use a "feature" phone, he can't operate a computer at all, and we have to constantly show him that all the answers to his questions are contained within this magical thing called "Google".  "I wonder if there are any of those classic Triumph motorcycles for sale out there".  "Dad, look, pictures and prices for tons of classic Triumphs..." *shows him screen of my Droid*.  Yeah, Bitcoin in his world? Not gonna happen.

Just print a wallet address from bitwallet.org https://www.bitaddress.org/, fund it, and cut it paste it into a card with the key.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:21:02 AM

I'm thinking anyone who is using Bitcoin has a dad that is so old they are really not even capable of knowing what the hell to do with it.  My dad can barely use a "feature" phone, he can't operate a computer at all, and we have to constantly show him that all the answers to his questions are contained within this magical thing called "Google".  "I wonder if there are any of those classic Triumph motorcycles for sale out there".  "Dad, look, pictures and prices for tons of classic Triumphs..." *shows him screen of my Droid*.  Yeah, Bitcoin in his world? Not gonna happen.

I do not know how old you are, but I can assure you that there are baby boomers in their mid 50's that are:
1) Heavily into Bitcoin
2) Have already backed up their wallet.dat among other places on a 5.25in floppy disk.
3) Are perfectly comfortable around current technologies such as "smart" phones and as well as older technologies.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 04:40:22 AM

I do not know how old you are, but I can assure you that there are baby boomers in their mid 50's that are:
1) Heavily into Bitcoin
2) Have already backed up their wallet.dat among other places on a 5.25in floppy disk.
3) Are perfectly comfortable around current technologies such as "smart" phones and as well as older technologies.

Ahh the 5.25 floppy. Brings back the sound those things made when being written to, it was like some sort of grinding noise.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: