Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what's the longest delay you have had with MTGOX?  (Read 4638 times)
dirtydiego (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:44:56 AM

Mine was about 21 days for a large amount. Well over 10k in dwolla and wire transfers. I thought that I wasn't going to get it but was very lucky they came through eventually as I was starting to see it as a loss. Is there anyone who has yet to receive there funds? It seems as though everyone is receiving their money eventually, just with a large delay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 12:41:22 PM

Mine was about 21 days for a large amount. Well over 10k in dwolla and wire transfers. I thought that I wasn't going to get it but was very lucky they came through eventually as I was starting to see it as a loss. Is there anyone who has yet to receive there funds? It seems as though everyone is receiving their money eventually, just with a large delay.

21 days here
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:11:37 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2012, 01:05:48 PM by DeathAndTaxes

I am going on 17days 18 days 19 days for Dwolla, and 15 16 17 days for wire tx.  both high 4 figures.  I hope I don't beat your "record".
mrbrown
VIP

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:09:20 PM

16 days for an okpay transfer of only 1000€ Angry
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:28:37 PM

Weird.  Gox stated the delays were only for Dwolla and US wires. 
mrbrown
VIP

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 10:28:27 PM

yea gox says alot of things ...
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:07:36 PM

5 days so far...
aqrulesms

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:39:37 PM

Oops, looks like Gox lied again.  Angry

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
    ██  ▄  ▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
        ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
        ▀▀  ▀ ▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀  ▀  ██ ██
         ██ ██ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ██ ██ ▄ ▄▄
           ▄▄  ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀      ▄▄ ▀▀
           ▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
.████████████████████████.
██████████████████████████
███▄     ███████     ▄████
█████     █████     ██████
█████ ▌    ███▌     ██████
█████ █     █▌ ▐    ██████
█████ ██      ▐█    ██████
█████ ███    ▐██    ██████
████▀ ▀███   ███    ██████
██▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀████
██████████████▀     ▀█████
███ ▀████████▌        ▄███
███    ▀████▀        ▄████
███                 ▐█████
████                ▐█████
██████              ██████
███████           ▄███████
██████▀         ▄█████████
████▄▄      ▄▄████████████
.███████████████████████.
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀▀▀███
█████████████▀▀▀ ▄    ███
████████▀▀     ▄█▀   ▐███
████▀▀       ▄█▀     ████
█▀         ▄██      ▐████
████▄▄▄  ▄██▀       █████
███████████        ▐█████
██████████         ██████
██████████ ▄██▄▄  ▐██████
█████████████████████████
.███████████████████████.
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:09:04 AM

No, how can that be?!
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:39:51 AM

No, how can that be?!

common you guys we all know the delays are for people who need to be AML verification..... ooo wait I'm already verified Tongue
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:39:12 AM

We also said :

5. Are other withdrawal methods affected?

International wires in non-USD currencies and SEPA withdrawals are not affected, they are operating normally. Please note that roughly 5% of our USD wire transfers are affected, but by and large are being processed normally.

But I agree that I omit to precise that this also included OKPAY. OKPAY is very small compare to the rest and I added it with the rest. Sorry for this confusion.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
mrbrown
VIP

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:23:43 AM

We also said :

International wires in non-USD currencies and SEPA withdrawals are not affected, they are operating normally. Please note that roughly 5% of our USD wire transfers are affected, but by and large are being processed normally.

But I agree that I omit to precise that this also included OKPAY. OKPAY is very small compare to the rest and I added it with the rest. Sorry for this confusion.

why one withdrawal took one week and another withdrawal of the same amount takes 2+ weeks?? and still waiting..
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:32:11 AM

We also said :

5% really....? because 100% of everyone I know is affected by your USD wire transfers. You don't answer emails, people have to come complain on this board for anything to get done. No you guys are lying about a lot. If you want to affect our business well I just thought of a way to affect yours. I happen to live in the bay area where I have many friends who work for the main office of google in mountain view. I'm at the point of asking them a favor and paying them money to be #1 on anything MTGOX searched to let people know what you are doing. Quit fucking us around. I'm at the point I'm ready to accept losses and start a mission to let everyone know though google or forums of your shadiness. I tried being respectful but you are pushing more than 5% of people doing transfers to the brink accepting losses. Either do what you say or don't do it at all. I bet all the 5% are verified through AML also, so there is no excuse!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 12:47:55 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2012, 01:05:08 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Yeah I don't buy the 5% of transfers are affected.  What is "Affected"?  As in 5% of all transfers haven't been paid at all?   In the real world a wire transfer is same day funds.  So if "affected" = wire tx takes longer than 24 hours I would imagine 100% of wire tx are "affected".

MtGox uses similar "funny math" describing the Dwolla problem.  They indicate x% of tx haven't been completed.  Well x% should be very low since it includes tx which began on 1 MAY.  I would hope the ones from 1 MAY were paid after 45 days.  So if they were paid after 44 days they would be completed and thus not in the x%?

MtGox what % of Dwolla requests made in the last 7 days haven't been paid?
MtGox what % of Dwolla requests made in the last 30 days took longer than 1 hour to complete? 1 day? 3 days? 7 days? 14 days? 21 days?
MtGox what % of USD wire tx made in the last 7 days haven't been paid?
MtGox what % of USD wire tx made in the last 30 days took longer than 3 days to complete? 7 days? 14 days? 21 days?

Start providing real numbers or FUCK OFF with the BS fake answers.
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:51:25 PM

Yeah I don't buy the 5% of transfers are affected.  What is "Affected"?  As in 5% of all transfers haven't been paid at all?   In the real world a wire transfer is same day funds.  So if "affected" = wire tx takes longer than 24 hours I would imagine 100% of wire tx are "affected".

MtGox uses similar "funny math" describing the Dwolla problem.  They indicate x% of tx haven't been completed.  Well x% should be very low since it includes tx which began on 1 MAY.  I would hope the ones from 1 MAY were paid after 45 days.  So if they were paid after 44 days they would be completed and thus not in the x%?

MtGox what % of Dwolla requests made in the last 7 days haven't been paid?
MtGox what % of Dwolla requests made in the last 30 days took longer than 1 hour to complete? 1 day? 3 days? 7 days? 14 days? 21 days?
MtGox what % of USD wire tx made in the last 7 days haven't been paid?
MtGox what % of USD wire tx made in the last 30 days took longer than 3 days to complete? 7 days? 14 days? 21 days?

Start providing real numbers or FUCK OFF with the BS fake answers.

yea it's insulting the bullshit responses I get from them. Same shit about the amount of currency being moved and the banks having to do investigations.... really? Isn't that the reason we got AML verified and I even asked if I upped my status to trusted member if it would help make the processes faster but they said no. Really sad because they were great for so long and the last two months has gone to shit. Really sounds like a company about to loss it all and about to fuck over a bunch of people. I'm not gonna give up. I'm sick of your lies MTGOX! I'm done being nice. If I have to make it an issue to the board, through my friends at google, and many other forums that are about bitcoin talk I will until you either get your shit together or I will do whatever I can to inform the new people getting into coins to choose a honest ex-changer. Don't let there claim that they control 80% of the btc market fool you. All signs point to them going down and probably gonna take a bunch of peoples money with them.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 12:53:54 AM

For me the issue was a deposit.  Despite doing precisely what is requested on the page, including reference code, my bank transfer was ignored.  I had to send an email.

Then they asked for sending bank, senders name, date and time of transfer, image of deposit slip, amount etc.   All bullshit.

Took 6 days since (instant) transfer to get the amount credited.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 03:54:31 AM

Well all 3 of my pending withdrawals all cleared today.  So guess I won't break that 21 day record ... this time.
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 01:37:25 PM

Well all 3 of my pending withdrawals all cleared today.  So guess I won't break that 21 day record ... this time.

awesome! how long did it take you? I'm waiting on 3 as well and on day 13 for mine
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:56:41 PM

Well all 3 of my pending withdrawals all cleared today.  So guess I won't break that 21 day record ... this time.

awesome! how long did it take you? I'm waiting on 3 as well and on day 13 for mine

The longest was 19 days and the shortest 13 days when it cleared.  I just did a five figure wire tx for the remaining balance so we will see if they can get this one down in < 2 weeks.  I had considered getting lvl 3 verification so my limits would be raised to $100K but front what I have heard lvl 3 doesn't make funds clear any faster.  The same multi-week delays exist.  I guess I should use Gox less instead.
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 12:14:37 AM

Well all 3 of my pending withdrawals all cleared today.  So guess I won't break that 21 day record ... this time.

The longest was 19 days and the shortest 13 days when it cleared.  I just did a five figure wire tx for the remaining balance so we will see if they can get this one down in < 2 weeks.  I had considered getting lvl 3 verification so my limits would be raised to $100K but front what I have heard lvl 3 doesn't make funds clear any faster.  The same multi-week delays exist.  I guess I should use Gox less instead.

Unfortunately I also asked GOX this and they said it would not speed up the process. It's sad because GOX was great for a long time but these last two months are not acceptable. I like that GOX has certain features that other ex-changers don't have such as accepting paper wallets to redeem private keys. But at this point that's not enough to keep my business. I really hope they get there shit together. Although I found a great ex-changer now and I'm excited to start working with them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: