Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The mood  (Read 2015 times)
Joe200 (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:05:30 PM

I am terrible at market timing and technical analysis.

In previous BTC crashes, I was euphoric at the top even though I should have known better. I actually bought a little at the top!

I might be the "stupid money". Cheesy

Which brings me to right now. There've been a couple of posts about losing faith and contemplating suicide (hope that one was exaggerating). Recently, I've started feeling it too. I've started really believing "facts" that say that BTC will collapse. The negative pressure on price from mining and merchant adoption. The lack of any real adoption after so many years. Willy bot. The Chinese. I now really feel that BTC will drop down to zero. I am despondent. I no longer care. This is the longest bear market so far.

This is like USD euphoria. Does this mean that USD is about to crash?

The recent jump on 2014-11-13 to 418 could be significant (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676333). Weekly parabolic SAR just flipped. 3 day MACD has been green for awhile.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 06:09:19 PM

If you believe in the technology and the concept then you have nothing to worry about.
In 10 years BTC will either be a failure and worth nothing or a success worth a lot of money. I don't believe there will be a middle ground. Until then, pick up another hobby and take your mind off it. Save those private keys just in case  Wink

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:12:50 PM

In previous BTC crashes, I was euphoric at the top even though I should have known better. I actually bought a little at the top!
I might be the "stupid money".
It's people like you who keep Bitcoin going! Bitcoin is zero sum - for every winner, there has to be a loser. We need all the suckers we can get! Keep trading!
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:45:20 PM

I think he is offering himself up as a contrarian indicator.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:45:42 PM

If you believe in the technology and the concept then you have nothing to worry about.
In 10 years BTC will either be a failure and worth nothing or a success worth a lot of money. I don't believe there will be a middle ground. Until then, pick up another hobby and take your mind off it. Save those private keys just in case  Wink

it could still be a success and not "worth" a lot of money in terms of price of BTC/USD.

If it's supposed to be a replacement for fiat currencies, then if it becomes widely used it will be a success.  To me that shouldn't have to do with price.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Zero might be overstated, but it will far more likely keep dropping long term than actually rising out of the current predicament. This forum is for me another indicator that Bitcoin is slowly dying, as overall activity seems to be getting lower and lower which suggests that many people have actually lost interest in Bitcoin. Bitcoin will probably be doomed to be a failed experiment, only to be overtaken by other crypto's. And then there's the looming problems connected with Bitcoin: one party consolidating 51% of all hashing power, miners dumping all the coins they stacked up by now, the fact that China still is way too important in turns of volume (although other crypto got that problem as well), the uncertainties regarding the lost Gox coins (if they ever existed that is) and above all two other things: the lack of real adoption as you stated and the inevitability that governments will simply hunt down Bitcoin exchanges and all other places where Bitcoins might be cashed in for fiat. Some of the diehard crypto-anarchists here should get out of their dreamworld and accept that uncle Sam will never allow losses in taxes or fraud in general, if it can be averted.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:51:51 PM

Zero might be overstated, but it will far more likely keep dropping long term than actually rising out of the current predicament. This forum is for me another indicator that Bitcoin is slowly dying, as overall activity seems to be getting lower and lower which suggests that many people have actually lost interest in Bitcoin. Bitcoin will probably be doomed to be a failed experiment, only to be overtaken by other crypto's. And then there's the looming problems connected with Bitcoin: one party consolidating 51% of all hashing power, miners dumping all the coins they stacked up by now, the fact that China still is way too important in turns of volume (although other crypto got that problem as well), the uncertainties regarding the lost Gox coins (if they ever existed that is) and above all two other things: the lack of real adoption as you stated and the inevitability that governments will simply hunt down Bitcoin exchanges and all other places where Bitcoins might be cashed in for fiat. Some of the diehard crypto-anarchists here should get out of their dreamworld and accept that uncle Sam will never allow losses in taxes or fraud in general, if it can be averted.

for sure you are right. definite sell. 100% never gonna be worth anything!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:56:04 PM

for sure you are right. definite sell. 100% never gonna be worth anything!

It is worth something alright, and it will remain to be worth something on the probable ride down. Question is how much.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:33:24 PM

Here's the shortest version of the argument I can make why I'm not worried about the mid to mid-long term prospect of Bitcoin and its per unit market value in USD:

1. Because of the bootstrapping slash miner-rewarding nature of our little experiment (the true believers don't like it if you call it "inflationary", so I avoid that term :P), the market must absorb a substantial amount of new coins each period which translates into a USD amount the market must be willing to put into BTC each day/week/month, otherwise the per unit value will drop.

2. The exact extent of this demand is difficult to gauge, depending on many factors not under our direct observation (ratio new coins held vs. put on the market, for example, or on-exchange buying and selling vs. off-exchange), but probably the single most telling factor at our disposal that there is sufficiently strong demand (apart from price itself) is on-exchange volume.

3. On-exchange volume is the highest in about year.

Fin

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:58:58 PM

I might be the "stupid money". Cheesy

No you aren't, as you are trying to analyze your feelings. That is correct, all losses result from emotional trading, and all wins from cold-bloodied calculation. So if you don't trust your calculation, simply do the opposite of what your emotions tell you to. That way, you beat the stupid monkey inside with the higher form of logic Smiley

And now is definitely one of few last chances to buy; and then keep your fingers off the sell button while we are in 3-digit territory, no matter what inner monkey tells you Smiley

i am satoshi
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:50:14 AM

I would say that people who had purchased at previous bubble highs are very happy today assuming they did not end up selling their bitcoin prematurely. You may be in the "red" now however over the long timer you will likely profit handsomely.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:26:21 AM

LOL. Dude, if the OP is true be advised to stay away from speculation. Just buy and hold and do something else with your precious time. Not everyone is good at speculation.

Emotions and trading do very bad go together.
Bejkn

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:36:49 AM

don't worry you just buy a little top, there are more higher tops to sell  Grin
Joe200 (OP)

Activity: 317

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:34:54 PM

I think he is offering himself up as a contrarian indicator.

Yes, that's exactly what I was doing.

I am also trying to be my own contrarian indicator. Cheesy
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:42:04 PM

Some notable figure has called bitcoin a mirage for a reason.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: