Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:06:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud or Pool  (Read 1751 times)
alneka (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:14:34 PM

Hi there, are cloud mining or pool mining profitable nowadays? Which one should I choose do you think?
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:30:44 PM

Assuming Bitcoin:
Pool mining presumably means using your own hardware - good luck with that.
Cloud mining has never made much sense to me - short of potentially shady schemes ( expect people with forum signatures to rush to defend Wink ), but if you're lucky you can get some ROI out of that.
Should really do your own research, though.  There's way too many different offerings out there with different quirks that could sway your personal decision one way or the other.

kickbit

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:18:12 PM

Hi there, are cloud mining or pool mining profitable nowadays? Which one should I choose do you think?

Mining become a serious and risky business. You need a lot of investments and cheap hardware to make some profit.

And cloud mining... You will not get any profit there until you're trading your GH/s. But it's not mining - it's trading Smiley
You can check this mining calculator - Simple mining ROI parameter shows what you need Wink

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:25:16 PM

Neither, mining is only marginally profitable if you sell your miner at the right time. But if you really want to mine, start small with a cloud mining contract at a price you can afford to loose.
BitcoinExchangeIndia.com

Activity: 311
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:31:44 PM

I think cloud mining is a better option as there is no headache of hardware maintenance. ROI calculation is far easier in cloud mining as there are less parameters to consider.

Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:33:15 AM

Cloud mining coz you the only thing you have to do is buy some GH/s and pay the maintenance fee and hope that they won't ran away Tongue
gingpark

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

-All Investment Has its Risks and Rewards-

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:33:58 AM

Agreeing to the first two replies, I don't really think cloud would work out unless you do go into trading but that in itself seems like a headache to me personally.

So yeah cloud ---> "mining" <--- part doesn't make much sense, yes I am sure there are people that do understand.

Yup hardware mining nowadays require such a large investment since starting small and adding bit by bit will just always end up pretty much the same return since difficulty will adjust every time.

Pretty much see if you can invest enough to show "net" profit -- after electricity and such for it to be able to sustain on its own to be a business.

Right now mining for me just seems like more of a hobby where I don't expect much of a return if any especially at the current price of bitcoin.

(Had to go offline during the summer ... now just seeing how the rates are for winter to see if I will continue).

BTC: 1GuhJeyccy7Y39TCPLcBPxuYaXQotsWzfZ
LTC: LhrLbraxjQHy1r7EU37wJhWsHvTMVmnZm9
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:03:06 PM

Cloud mining, you just have to pick the right one. About half of them are probably fake.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Sine(X)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:26:44 PM

Cloud mining in Huge companies with excellent reputation and own datacenters. In such way you will save delivery costs and lower electricity costs (if you don't have free electricity at home).
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:35:16 PM

Neither, mining is only marginally profitable if you sell your miner at the right time. But if you really want to mine, start small with a cloud mining contract at a price you can afford to loose.
I think cloud mining should be seen as more of an investment then actually mining as you are not able to tweak any of the settings or change pools as you can when you are mining with an actual physical miner.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:56:02 PM

Neither are profitable. You would be better off gambling money in vegas than any hope on a ROI with mining nowadays.
Cloud mining companies are made up of ponzis, fractional reserve mining operations, and the ones that truly have all the hardware are so expensive they have to mislead their clients into thinking that will see a ROI.

I am embarrassed for the shills, apologists and affiliates who rationalize this disgusting behavior. This is one of the most embarrassing aspect about Bitcoin nowadays. Bitcoin isn't a ponzi itself, but there is certainly a lot of scams and ponzi's within its ecosystem.

You don't have to take my word for it , use any advanced calc with a releasable difficulty and see for yourself :

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:31:07 PM

If you already own a mining hardware, then pool would be a better option
If you are new to mining, then a cloud mining would be a better one.
But always decide to use a trusted site.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:40:56 PM

Be skeptical about any advice you get from employees or affiliates of mining companies. They can easily be spotted by looking at their signatures. Shill accounts can be spotted by the probability they are newer members.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: