Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:16:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCGears  (Read 4863 times)
yasiel.puig (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:16:31 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 12:40:58 AM by yasiel.puig

Everyone and their mother seems to be selling LTCGears' shares?

Is this the end of a ponzi scheme?

I'm a complete n00b and thus know nothing about mining but the plethora of mining shares and the dropping prices makes me wary.

Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:48:58 PM

LOL  what do you mean "their mother"? You shoud check the writing before posting!

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

LOL  what do you mean "their mother"? You shoud check the writing before posting!

"Everyone and their mother" is a pretty common saying.

I'm guessing English isn't your first language.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:07:48 PM

Everyone and their mother seem to be selling LTCGears?

I'm a complete n00b and thus know nothing about mining but the plethora of mining shares and the dropping prices makes me wary.

Keep in mind multiplication just happened not too long ago. Also the new black friday special is ALOT of shares for cheap. Could just be reselling them. If you buy them it is slightly less than $3 a mh (2.93 or so by rough calculations).
yasiel.puig (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:11:24 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 11:39:36 PM by yasiel.puig

Everyone and their mother seem to be selling LTCGears?

Keep in mind multiplication just happened not too long ago. Also the new black friday special is ALOT of shares for cheap. Could just be reselling them. If you buy them it is slightly less than $3 a mh (2.93 or so by rough calculations).

Thanks.

What bearing does this have on payouts?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:11:21 AM

Have they ever released any pictures of data center or shown anything to prove not ponzi?   It does have one heck of a fanbase.
yasiel.puig (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:13:21 AM

Have they ever released any pictures of data center or shown anything to prove not ponzi?   It does have one heck of a fanbase.

That's the other thing.

As far as I know, they have not.

The credibility of the whole operation seems to be founded on some old posts made by a guy called 'Chris' on this forum and the matching litecoin forum.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:16:14 AM

That's the other thing.

The credibility of the whole operation seems to be founded on some old posts made by a guy called 'Chris' on this forum and the matching litecoin forum.

I have thought long and hard on them.  I really wanted to buy, I just could not.   People have ROI'ed but.... the top of the ponzi normally does.  I just wish they would be a little more transparent.  They would have me ordering if they did.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:47:07 AM

That's the other thing.

I have thought long and hard on them.  I really wanted to buy, I just could not.   People have ROI'ed but.... the top of the ponzi normally does.  I just wish they would be a little more transparent.  They would have me ordering if they did.

I can say they did accept Paypal up until the day before the last multiplication. So, there is a real business registered in the EU that has been accepting their Paypal but not much more than that for company info. Why not buy some shares for slightly under the $3 range and see if you can ROI in 45 days?
mmsen

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:49:36 AM

Have they ever released any pictures of data center or shown anything to prove not ponzi?   It does have one heck of a fanbase.

That's the other thing.

I have thought long and hard on them.  I really wanted to buy, I just could not.   People have ROI'ed but.... the top of the ponzi normally does.  I just wish they would be a little more transparent.  They would have me ordering if they did.

I can say they did accept Paypal up until the day before the last multiplication. So, there is a real business registered in the EU that has been accepting their Paypal but not much more than that for company info. Why not buy some shares for slightly under the $3 range and see if you can ROI in 45 days?

Feed the potential ponzi scheme to see if it is indeed a ponzi scheme?

Wasn't Madoff 'registered'...
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:12:17 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 02:25:28 AM by Pistachio

Have they ever released any pictures of data center or shown anything to prove not ponzi?   It does have one heck of a fanbase.

That's the other thing.

I have thought long and hard on them.  I really wanted to buy, I just could not.   People have ROI'ed but.... the top of the ponzi normally does.  I just wish they would be a little more transparent.  They would have me ordering if they did.

Yeah, there is no real proof any crypto mining business is not a scam. Can you name one company that passes your test?

Edit: Seriously though, I cannot give you any real evidence in support of LTCgear. All I can say is they have been making their payouts since September, some of the payouts were traced to freshly mined Litecoins, and up until two weeks ago I was still buying shares with a reversible payment service (Paypal).
tropical0101

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:47:15 PM

Ok. So there is no evidence that this is a scam, or that it is not? Am i right?
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

Well, the biggest shake up recently is the offering of a 40k share mega-pack for a significantly reduced price. People are buying these and reselling the shares. They have been around for over a year and they did at one time sell physical hardware (FPGAs programed to mind scrypt). However, Blackarrow met all the same criteria and turned out to be just as much of a scam as BFL. So, it is really hard to tell.
mmsen

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:03:48 PM

That's the other thing.

Yeah, there is no real proof any crypto mining business is not a scam. Can you name one company that passes your test?

Edit: Seriously though, I cannot give you any real evidence in support of LTCgear. All I can say is they have been making their payouts since September, some of the payouts were traced to freshly mined Litecoins, and up until two weeks ago I was still buying shares with a reversible payment service (Paypal).

Sadly I can't think of a single crypto mining business that has established that they have the equipment that they claim to possess, this is why people keep being scammed.

I'm pretty new to this whole industry but the burden of proof seems to be remarkably low to non-existent in general, particularly when one considers the numbers involved.

Telling people to give a scammer money to check whether or not it is indeed a scam doesn't sound like sound, responsible advice.
tropical0101

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:09:36 PM

Well, the biggest shake up recently is the offering of a 40k share mega-pack for a significantly reduced price. People are buying these and reselling the shares. They have been around for over a year and they did at one time sell physical hardware (FPGAs programed to mind scrypt). However, Blackarrow met all the same criteria and turned out to be just as much of a scam as BFL. So, it is really hard to tell.

I see that i have to read more about that.. i'm not sure if i understand .. but it looks like derivatives.. Someday this ballon will explode..
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:05:15 PM

That's the other thing.

Sadly I can't think of a single crypto mining business that has established that they have the equipment that they claim to possess, this is why people keep being scammed.

I'm pretty new to this whole industry but the burden of proof seems to be remarkably low to non-existent in general, particularly when one considers the numbers involved.

Telling people to give a scammer money to check whether or not it is indeed a scam doesn't sound like sound, responsible advice.

I am not telling anyone to give money to a scammer. If I knew LTCgear is a scam, I would not be involved with it or encourage others to become involved. I am only saying there is little concrete evidence either way. The best advise for anyone considering mining as an investment, is to just hold your BTC and leave mining alone. If you are not comfortable with these high risks then mining is not for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: