Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Coincraft thin board  (Read 1157 times)
Mariowot (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:33:40 PM

Hi,

im looking for that board. Let me know you have one.

Mario
Mariowot (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:22:52 PM

Up
adib

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:38:04 PM

What happened to the original?
I had one once that i managed to repair, had some fried copper traces that i have redone and it worked.

TIPS - 19JLxDkCfn5x667xCeSgmYNop4WLR3ci27
Mariowot (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:58:25 PM

What happened to the original?
I had one once that i managed to repair, had some fried copper traces that i have redone and it worked.

Well same thing happend to the original, fried copper trace.
adib

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:18:48 PM

If you have some solering skills you can repair it Smiley
if not, find someone who does, its not very cpmplicated, i could try but if you are in the US, its gonna take a while to make a round trip to Europe

Mariowot (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

If you have some solering skills you can repair it Smiley
if not, find someone who does, its not very cpmplicated, i could try but if you are in the US, its gonna take a while to make a round trip to Europe

Well im located in EU, ill  try to find someone who could repair that. If i wont i will pm you Smiley
should be cheap to send that board to Romania
adib

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:37:45 PM

Anytime, just tell the soldering guy to remake the burnt trace/s, it should be the one with the 5v line that is burnt out.
None of the slots work? on mine, the slots before the burn spot started, worked.
Better put a picture of the burnt backplane, for a better advice.

adib

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:44:49 PM

Is it something like this?
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs23.postimg.org%2F7ulabhz1n%2FCAM00244.jpg&t=545&c=OfvQ6SQV-oNBEw

If yes, than you are in luck, in worse case scenario, the I2C bus chip is busted and needs to be replaced, or the 3.3v regulator, they are both cheap an replaceable with a hot air station.

But try the trace redoing first and see what thappends.

Mariowot (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:46:10 PM

Anytime, just tell the soldering guy to remake the burnt trace/s, it should be the one with the 5v line that is burnt out.
None of the slots work? on mine, the slots before the burn spot started, worked.
Better put a picture of the burnt backplane, for a better advice.

heres some pick, hope its repairable Smiley

adib

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:55:19 PM

Well, if you are brave, take a soldering iron and some solder material+ youll need a solid copper wire from an utp cable
You see some points(also holes) along the burnt line, those are suppose to be electricaly connected Smiley
Strip the copper wire of the plastic coatting, put it along the burnt line and solder in those 5 points.

Important, after its done, put some insulating tape over it, and also on the heatsinks where the connector is, to avoid electrical contacts between the backplane and the heatsink.

Goodluck, its DIY or I or anyone else with some skills can do it, took me 10 minutes.

Also try the cards one at a time, maybe one of them is responsible, although i doubt it

Mariowot (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:06:20 PM

Well, if you are brave, take a soldering iron and some solder material+ youll need a solid copper wire from an utp cable
You see some points(also holes) along the burnt line, those are suppose to be electricaly connected Smiley
Strip the copper wire of the plastic coatting, put it along the burnt line and solder in those 5 points.

Important, after its done, put some insulating tape over it, and also on the heatsinks where the connector is, to avoid electrical contacts between the backplane and the heatsink.

Goodluck, its DIY or I or anyone else with some skills can do it, took me 10 minutes.

Also try the cards one at a time, maybe one of them is responsible, although i doubt it

Big thanks for an advice mate, i will try do it by myself Smiley
Will let you know about result.

Mario
adib

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:18:21 PM

Put the wire as straight as you can to avoid electrical contact with nearby traces, or strip the coating only where is necessary.

Also check the nearby traces,
wash the burn marks(where they are visibly over the other thin races)
or gently remove with some fine sandpaper and then wash with some alcohol to see if they are intact.

Good luck, i pretty sure it will work, the blades are independent of each other,
so if some other traces are snaped, you can find them fast as the coresponding blade will be cold,
all they aparently need is a good 5V line Smiley

Its gonna take a little bit more than 10 min, but its to make sure its done properly, in my case none of the other traces were burnt although they seemed so because of the burn marks.

Also you can remove the old trace where it comes off easly, where it does not, cut it with a cutter and leave it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: