Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: confirm transactions  (Read 1515 times)
leen93 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:41:21 AM

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a way to confirm some unconfirmed transactions (small amounts without fee don't get confirmed and send back to my blockchain wallet). Someone told me Discusfish could do this. And just out of interest I also want to know if the opposite would be possible? making a transaction which will probably never get confirmed and stopped broadcasting?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 10:11:27 PM

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a way to confirm some unconfirmed transactions (small amounts without fee don't get confirmed and send back to my blockchain wallet). Someone told me Discusfish could do this. And just out of interest I also want to know if the opposite would be possible? making a transaction which will probably never get confirmed and stopped broadcasting?

You could do double spend but you can't assure that the transaction will will get confirmed. Mostly transactions higher than 0.01BTC will get confirmed within 6-10 blocks without a fee unless it is higher than 1000 bytes. If Discusfish create a redeem script or use older versions of Bitcoin-qt, there is a chance that it will get confirmed.

~~MZ~~

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:22:35 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 01:40:03 AM by ScryptAsic

You will need the raw signed transaction

https://www.f2pool.com/pushtx

They say that any TX submitted will be given priority and will be confirmed in their next block, however I am not sure how true this is.
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:43:00 AM

You will need the raw unsigned transaction

Unsigned?  That would be useless, wouldn't it?
LOL oops. I fixed it. (a little tipsy)

It would be useless if you were to attempt to push it to the network as any block that were to include such a transaction would not be a valid block.

It would be useful to someone that is trying to spend funds in cold storage and is transferring the unsigned transaction to their cold storage computer/device to sign (although this is not what the OP is trying to do)
leen93 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:33:06 AM

i just wanted to confirm a transaction without a fee which took days but now it's all fine
cesckat

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Verba volant, bits persist.

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:02:35 PM

Fee is less than 0.04USD  Tongue

The best thing you can do to get confirmed transactions is add it (the fee) and you're "helping" miners too.
That miners are the ones that confirm your transaction so... where's the problem?  Wink

HODL!
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:34:01 AM

Hi,

It essentially depends on the miners, if they include it in their block.

Its also hard to predict, when it will be confirmed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: