Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:06:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi will donate all his coins to the world's poorest people in the future.  (Read 4986 times)
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:53:01 AM

However I also think he is not more interested in the bitcoin world.

Show me a real living person pls, who wouldn't be interested in something what worth hundreds of millions of USD Smiley.

I like to believe that one day, BTC won't be sold for USD... a day should come that people sell their USD in order to get BTC. (What I'm saying is bitcoin will soon be more popular than cold hard cash)

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:55:30 AM

Show me a real living person pls, who wouldn't be interested in something what worth hundreds of millions of USD Smiley.

I know it is improbable , but some people don't want a lot of money but only the "right" money to live in dignity. One of them is : satoshi . Now have you a reply for my question ?

why he didn't sell it in the previous $ 1,2k bubble? This is the real question.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:57:51 AM

I like to believe that one day, BTC won't be sold for USD... a day should come that people sell their USD in order to get BTC. (What I'm saying is bitcoin will soon be more popular than cold hard cash)
same dream here. But seeing the evolution I am more and more convinced on the opposite.
I hope to be wrong.
 Undecided
michaeladair

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:01:50 PM

same dream here. But seeing the evolution I am more and more convinced on the opposite.
I hope to be wrong.
 Undecided
Maybe we can implement the smell of cash into phones and laptops so when someone receives bitcoin, they will smell cash Cheesy. That's one way to get the non believers to join us.

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:36:34 PM

Maybe we can implement the smell of cash into phones and laptops so when someone receives bitcoin, they will smell cash Cheesy. That's one way to get the non believers to join us.

Yah, the smell of a strippers buttcrack, and invent a way to transmit cold and flu viruses on bitcoins for the full cash experience.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:48:18 PM

If he is a man,he will do it like me!
this is a very valuable business!

We don't know anything about Satoshi, his motivation to start bitcoin, his goals begind this, his real business or life etc.
If you want to donate your bitcoin and help others, please do, but to advice others what to do with their bitcoins... well I don't think you can do this.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
michaeladair

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:17:49 PM

Yah, the smell of a strippers buttcrack, and invent a way to transmit cold and flu viruses on bitcoins for the full cash experience.
You sir, see the vision of the future.

AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:22:25 PM

Satoshi can't find a suitable port to connect his hdd to a pc, this is why he can't use his bitcoins.

his hdd is sth like that: (it's thief proof)
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

The problem is not about what he will do with his coins, the problem is that there should not be ppl who need that someone donate them, thats the real problem.

From my point of view bitcoin just bring us a real oportunity to change things in this corrupted world, is all on our hands.

Even if satoshi were to move some of his coins and not sell them, there is a chance the price would be affected regardless. People would speculate that he is going to sell large amounts of his bitcoin in the future and would try to sell ahead of him

Agree, ppl would always speculate with it.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:19:33 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 04:09:26 PM by jdbtracker

Well, if that would be the case it would have to be done properly... can't have a central point of weakness, and it's probably evident I love A.I.
The best solution would be to give all the coins to a Artificial Intelligence or a swarm of A.I. specialized in learning and exploring different systems and Ideologies to find the true honest solution. Since the AI's are unknown they could operate for decades without anyone noticing that they are learning to not be fooled by lies. These A.I would be capable of understanding Politics, Economics, Human Nature, Programming, Art, Literature, Music... as many facets of humanity as possible to find the Truth. 
  When these AI's determine the best time to act they take that money and invest it in the poor of the world. What is the best solution? get them connected, give them a phone capable of doing everything they need, to teach them, inform them, alert them, guide them using neuromorphic chips within the phones themselves to help people find what they need according to their personality; make the system unstoppable so no single person could stop it, no single organization, the only way to stop it... is to destroy the internet.
  These AI would invest in Manufacturing, Humanitarian work, Transportation, providing the funds to allow the poor to be of as much use to society as they wish to be within as compact an envelope as possible, no use spreading everything out.
  Their only interest? Uplift Humanity to it's maximum level.

Just Imagine what you could buy for 7 Billion people with 1 Trillion dollars.

Smart Phones, Fuel Cells, 3D printers, Solar Panels, Satellites, and give them access to perfected human knowledge independent of network access. Every Genius phone would have within it a neuromorphic chip with a copy of all Human knowledge compressed and ready for individual analysis.

Of course this would cause a tremendous collapse of our current social structure... after all money controls everything, disrupting the Money Feed Back loop would destroy the current structure, can't have taxes if items are nearly indestructible and recyclable and there is no power grid to connect to, the sun and geomagnetic fields are our power supply.

Just imagine a world, where your phone is a University recharged by the sun, connected to the network using Micro-Satellites, and every thought you have gets added to the Global Computing Grid furthering Human knowledge, improving distributed manufactured items across the globe. NO central point of failure, of control and even in case of Catastrophic Failure of Society all it would take is one phone to guide a single individual to rebuild the planet.

I figure to do this,
  It would require a Swarm AI Handling the manufacturing built to be Battle Hardened, capable of operating in a Global War. Each piece of machinery independent yet communicating securely with the swarm of machines.

A Network Security AI, protecting all information through-out the network, self-evolving to handle information Security threats, coupled with a Law Aware AI and a Scientific Platform for total analysis of information in all it's forms without bias.

Swarm Satellites controlled by AI to avoid ground control tampering.

Programming AI's aware of all programming languages and methods capable of building any manner of programs as required.

Human simulated AI's, perfectly modeled on human designs to guarantee machine empathy.

Transportation and Construction AI Bots to get things done in case of worker shortfalls.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Sounds kind of Brautigan-ian...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Watched_Over_by_Machines_of_Loving_Grace

http://allpoetry.com/All-Watched-Over-By-Machines-Of-Loving-Grace

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:45:17 AM

If Aldous Huxley was here...
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:18:09 PM

He can use the money to create jobs, not just give it to somebody.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:04:03 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 11:08:57 PM by picolo

He would help them more by not giving them this money because they would feel entitled and will not work hard.

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:07:01 PM

those keys are long gone. mark my words.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

mark my words.

23/100

Bitmore

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:44:41 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 01:08:49 AM by Bitmore

While good hearted, the notion that even one million of Satoshi's bitcoin will effect much for the poor of the world is naive.  

Even if each of those one million bitcoin were to be worth $1 million each, spread among the worlds three billion poor would result in only $333 per person.  Once.  (One million Bitcoin divided by 3 billion people equals 0.00033333 Bitcoin per poor person, as defined by those living on earth today living on less than $2.50 per day.    Take that 0.00033333 Bitcoin distributed to each poor person and multiply by whatever the market price of Bitcoin)

NOT a world changing event as the development of the world economy would be if those Bitcoin were used in the free market.

jdbtracker

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:18:32 PM

Depends how you do it, the key is to magnify the force and applying it where it matters.

If all the money is given to the poor... you are going to fail. These people are poor for a reason, bad decision making or straight up incapable of acquiring the resources to get ahead.

You have to magnify each individuals capability in the best way. for example each Firefox OS phone is 30 dollars, Khan academy is free and provided as an app in Firefox OS: you have increased their ability to see more choices and options in front of them with that education.

Now combine those Firefox OS Phones into a mesh network now you have increased the speed in which problems are resolved by simply increasing the scope of information, it can be a huge difference going from Person to person communication too full Audio,video, Information communication over a small network, combine that with "Promises for access", you send a request through the mess network for some information you want but can't get, someone gets the Relay goes to the city and upload the requested information on their behalf, someone going back will simply take that data and Relay it back to the local Mesh Network.

give them access to the ability to exchange items and now you have created a closed economy within a region that can allow an isolated area to become aware of it's own resources... that gives them money and moves them to where they are needed, hence acquiring more money.

The Key is to give them access to that information and provide them the tools to create their own systems. Being able to perceive the things around you and understanding them is invaluable.

For 30 dollars... you have changed the world, if only 1 in a hundred sees the potential and uses it, that is 72 million leaders that you have created that can further magnify their power and remix it to find the possibilities that we cannot see. And did I mention Bitcoin too? Banks in every phone.

Magnify their power to the limit.

jdbtracker

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:56:13 PM

I was at work and started thinking about this and thought... wow. Education is the beginning.

If This little money was applied in this way, considering that us Humans are the corner stone of our world.

giving people access to the network is just the beginning.

Add OpenBadges technology to it and now you have a Education Blockchain using Cryptographic tokens to verify peoples skills... these tokens are like the blockchain.
OpenBadges are Cryptographically sealed Tokens that contain Identification information, Credentials and the Criteria involved to gain that token. They did work to prove their skills and got a COIN. lol

which means that everyone's skills can be verified and searched.
So If your starting a business and need some skilled employees, you just add your Badge criteria and see all available candidates without ever having to search your local area through classifieds.
It works with people too, the system can automatically look for employers or projects that need your Badged skills.

Start this up and it shortens the down time involved in searching for new employees or work, in a poor community this could be invaluable since it takes a lot to make a poor community work,
but if you know what you have and what is needed in the community, people can train for those skills and improve the lives of everyone.

I've also been looking at this project called Open Transactions... this is a game changer business programs to go with those Smart Phones! wow! Mind blowing!
Now people can create a proper economy to use all their available resources.

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:29:08 PM

I agree with the OP. He should give all his coin to the poor. Trouble is that the poor would have no idea what to do with it. The poor might not even have a device to receive the coin.
Here's a thought: I'm poor, Satoshi can give all his bitcoin to me! Problem solved!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: