Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does the DSK case hurt your image of France?
Totally, DSK is an ugly old pig as are most french people - 1 (4.8%)
Yes, certainly.  It's amazing such guy was nominated at the head of the IMF - 2 (9.5%)
No.  There are perverts and rapists in all countries.  It's not specific to France.  And he is innocent until proven guilty. - 11 (52.4%)
Not at all.  I love french people and this guy is just an exception. - 0 (0%)
Who the fuck is Dominique Strauss-Kahn? - 7 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dominique Strauss-Kahn  (Read 2945 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:23:02 AM

To me this DSK affair is a shame for my country.  Especially since french medias knew about his perverted behaviors, but they didn't talk about it, pretexting it was his "private life".

I'm ashamed to be french, honnestly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 01:36:49 AM

To me this DSK affair is a shame for my country.  Especially since french medias knew about his perverted behaviors, but they didn't talk about it, pretexting it was his "private life".

You shouldn't be ashamed to be French because of this asshole any more than we should all be ashamed to be human because of him.

I just hope stuff like this eventually makes it click in people's heads that our overlords are not looking out for us.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:44:18 AM

You shouldn't be ashamed to be French because of this asshole any more than we should all be ashamed to be human because of him.

I just hope stuff like this eventually makes it click in people's heads that our overlords are not looking out for us.

Of course they are. Why else would he advocate a one world currency?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:49:30 AM

I'm kinda ashamed of being French when I see the reactions of the French opinion to this. Technically, leftists are bitching about the heavy media coverage around this business, claiming it sullies DSK's reputation, and are outraged that he isn't getting a vip treatment. It is sickening to witness a people demand privileges to be given in both treatment and accountability in front of justice to those who hold power.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 10:36:16 AM

If he was English, his lawyer would have obtained a superinjunction so that most people would never have heard about it.
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:42:03 AM

Honestly, this is silly, at least. Imagine if I were going to feel ashamed every time someone who born inside the same imaginary lines I was born did something horrible... haha, I'd never leave home anymore!
caveden
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:47:48 AM

Technically, leftists are bitching about the heavy media coverage around this business, claiming it sullies DSK's reputation, and are outraged that he isn't getting a vip treatment.

This is true. But, unless you're part of these leftists, still, no reason to be ashamed.

So, what are your speculative theories about it? Did he really try to rape the girl, was it an orchestrated coup?
My guess is that he was expecting a prostitute and the poor woman had to beat him really hard for him to realize it was not her. Cheesy
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 12:03:38 PM

This is true. But, unless you're part of these leftists, still, no reason to be ashamed.

What bothers me is the large acceptance of that bad argument, rather than leftist making it. Can't blame people for trying to defend themselves, however bad the defense is. I'm annoyed that it is acknowledged as a valid point.

So, what are your speculative theories about it? Did he really try to rape the girl, was it an orchestrated coup?
My guess is that he was expecting a prostitute and the poor woman had to beat him really hard for him to realize it was not her. Cheesy

Exactly what I was thinking =P

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:25:16 PM

I personnaly think he just lost his mind that day.  Those things happen.

ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 03:10:46 PM

Do you take for granted that he's guilty?

I'm still unsure about this whole story, so I set a poll:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8796.0

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 07:45:09 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2011, 08:52:34 PM by goatpig

Do you take for granted that he's guilty?

I'm still unsure about this whole story, so I set a poll:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8796.0

Not for granted, but to me, there's a 90% chance he did try to rape that maid.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 08:24:08 PM

That's ridiculous, there are much better reasons to be ashamed of being french

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 02:38:36 AM

Nevermind, for some folks there's no "France" but "Europe" and we all speak French

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANTDkfkoBaI

Grin

I don't see why someone would judge the whole population of a country based on the actions of one of its citizens.
I'm still glad to know that in NY anyone has the right to justice, on some countries a guy with the wealth of DSK would simply runaway or the victim wouldn't stand even a chance to accuse him.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 03:16:46 AM

Someone told him that a prostitute dressed up like a hotel maid would be coming over and he could act out his rape fantasy with her.

... and then they sent in the legitmate hotel maid.

caveden
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:40:06 AM

Someone told him that a prostitute dressed up like a hotel maid would be coming over and he could act out his rape fantasy with her.

I thought about it, but if it's true, he should not have claimed everything was done under consent. He should have said the truth... or hiring a prostitute is punished more severely by NY state than trying to rape someone?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:49:02 AM

Well, well... for Portugal and its negotiations with the IMF I guess we can use Renato Seabra (and his corkscrew), which happens to be in the same jail as DSK, to get a better deal.  Grin

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:50:28 AM

I thought about it, but if it's true, he should not have claimed everything was done under consent. He should have said the truth... or hiring a prostitute is punished more severely by NY state than trying to rape someone?

It's illegal, but nowhere as bad as rape.

TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 12:11:34 PM

After a certain amount of money…  I'm not even going to bother explaining it…

Watch this Brazilian central banker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-Qe8uc2jE

The real problem is that Dominique Strauss Kahn wanted to be president.  Sarkozy gave him a lesson in a world of power where other people with power might not like you.

That's a lot different from the world of central bankers.

I guess Dominique Strauss Kahn can hang out with Eliot Spitzer now.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
caveden
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 12:16:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-Qe8uc2jE

So that psycho works for the central bank? I was not aware.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 12:47:35 PM

After a certain amount of money…  I'm not even going to bother explaining it…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-Qe8uc2jE.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: