Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:57:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet restore issue  (Read 1646 times)
jruben4 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:33:19 PM

So I had a hard drive crash and lost my current armory folder.  I had a wallet backup from a few month ago which I imported back into Armory.  It seemed to work fine, I can access all my wallet addresses, but it is not getting the most up-to-date transactions.  It is not seeing the last few months of transactions to those addresses, even though I can find them on blockchain.  It did go through the whole process of downloading the whole blockchain again, and scanning for transactions, etc but doesn't seem to be recognizing new transactions to my wallet - it seems frozen back at the time of the original backup.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 08:14:15 PM

Depending on how many transactions occurred and how many addresses you generated, you may need to generate more addresses for your wallet and allow Armory to rescan.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
jruben4 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:25:45 AM

With the same # of addresses, these transactions were visiable before in Armory.  It's only since the crash and wallet restore that I don't see them.
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:58:48 PM

With the same # of addresses, these transactions were visiable before in Armory.  It's only since the crash and wallet restore that I don't see them.

Are you sure that bitcoind is up to date?  Look at the block number in the lower right corner of Armory's window, and compare with the block number you see at blockchain.info.

jruben4 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

Yep, armory says 332329 blocks in lower right.  It has transactions to my addresses through 9/25/14, but none since (even though my pool has sent a transaction to me about every 1-2 days).
picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:50:56 PM

I assume that you have found said transactions on blockchain.info, that they are confirmed (Armory only discovers unconfirmed transactions if it is online when it arrives), and that you have checked that the receiving addresses are actually in the Armory wallet (Wallet properties).

If that is the case, then I am sorrry, I have no clue.  Have you submitted an official bug report / request for help at their webpage?

jruben4 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:41:00 AM

If I delete my wallet and restore from paper, will it have all the addresses associated with the wallet?  Some addresses were created after the paper backup was made.
jruben4 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:38:34 AM

If I search blockchain for the address that my pool has been sending payouts to, and filter confirmed only, I see transactions as recently as 11-30-14 which matches my pool's records for payouts. 

I restored my wallet from paper - and now it has transactions through 10/1/14 (which is a few days later than before).  Why is it two months behind?
picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:20:26 PM

Your paper backup can generate all addresses, also future ones.

You really need to make an official support request at their web page.  We (the other Armory users) cannot guess what is wrong.  The Armory guys may be able to help you, but only if you send them logs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: