Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: please help ! im noobie  (Read 1707 times)
koekkoek (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:16:20 PM

Hello i didnt knew where to post this topic so i just done it over here. I downloaded Bitcoins core Wallet and putted some bitcoins on it. Now after paying for the bitcoins and typed in my adress i started bitocins core wallet. Now i have to synchronizing with network witch is saying im 1 year 35 weeks behind. now i cant see or spend my bitcoins until its all completed i readed. but is there another way to get my money quick? or to finish the Synch quicker without losing any of my bitcoins * currencly i have 0 bit coins on the wallet * since it have to synch first.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:13:55 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 04:57:47 PM by DannyHamilton

Hello, I didnt know where to post this topic, so I just did it over here. I downloaded the Bitcoin Core Wallet and put some bitcoins on it. After paying for the bitcoins and giving the seller my address I started the Bitocin Core wallet. Now the wallet is synchronizing with the network which is saying I'm 1 year 35 weeks behind. I read that I can't see or spend my bitcoins until it's complete. Is there another way to get my money quick? Is there a way to finish the synch quicker without losing any of my bitcoins (Currently the wallet is reporting 0 bitcoins) since it have to synch first?

Fixed that for you.

Now to answer your questions:

Is there another way to get my money quick?

Yes.  You can switch to a lightweight wallet (such as MultiBit, Electrum, or blockchain.info/wallet) where you don't need to wait for the entire wallet to sync.  If you want your current bitcoins to show up in that other wallet, you will need to export from Bitcoin Core the private key associated with the address.  Then you will need to import that private key into your new wallet.

The process for importing the private key depends on the wallet that you choose.  If you can't figure out how to import the private key after you've chosen a new wallet, then come back and let us know which wallet you've chosen.  Then someone should be able to give you useful instructions.

Is there a way to finish the synch quicker without losing any of my bitcoins

That depends on the reason that your sync is slow.  If you have insufficient disk access speeds or insufficient RAM, then the only way to improve the sync speed is to upgrade your hardware.  If you have a slow broadband internet connection, then there is a copy of the blockchain that you can download via torrent.  If you install that copy of the blockchain on your computer, then you can significantly reduce the sync time by eliminating the need to download most of the blockchain during the sync process.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:17:39 PM

Well my current bitcoin is 0. I did send bitcoins to the bitcoin core but it hasnt been on it because of the synch. Switching to another wallet make's the new bitcoins get on the new aswell? or am i losing the new bitcoins then?.Im kinda confused.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:34:24 PM

Well my wallet is current reporting my bitcoin balance as 0. I did send bitcoins to the Bitcoin Core wallet, but it hasn't shown up there yet because of the synch. Will switching to another wallet make the new bitcoins show up on the new wallet as well? Or am I losing the new bitcoins then? I'm kinda confused.

Fixed that for you.

Now, to answer your questions:

Will switching to another wallet make the new bitcoins show up on the new wallet as well?

If you export from the Bitcoin Core wallet the private key associated with the address that you had the bitcoins sent to, and then import that private key to the new wallet, then the bitcoins will be accessible from the new wallet.  If you don't import the private key, then the bitcoins won't be accessible from the new wallet.

Or am I losing the new bitcoins then?

As long as you don't lose the private key associated with the address that the bitcoins were sent to, you won't lose the bitcoins.  If you lose that private key, then the bitcoins will be lost forever.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:41:42 PM

Alright THanks ! Do you maybe have a how to tutorial for this? And the private key is the passphrase right?.
also i readed something about Bootstrap.dat  that it would be way quicker to synch if i dowwnloaded that. So i did putted in the right folder restarted bitcoin wallet but it still synch from network..

Real scrub over her:D
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:57:04 PM

Alright THanks ! Do you maybe have a how to tutorial for this?

I believe I already said:

The process for importing the private key depends on the wallet that you choose.  If you can't figure out how to import the private key after you've chosen a new wallet, then come back and let us know which wallet you've chosen. Then someone should be able to give you useful instructions.

And the private key is the passphrase right?

No.  The private key is the information that the wallet stores for you and uses to create transactions.  Without the private keys that the wallet is storing, the bitcoins are permanently inaccessible.  Most wallets hide the private keys from you, and manage them for you.  However, most wallets also provide a method for exporting those private keys so that you can import them into a different wallet if needed.  The process for exporting and importing private keys is different for each wallet.

also i readed something about Bootstrap.dat  that it would be way quicker to synch if i dowwnloaded that.

That is only quicker if your network connection is slow.  If your computer is slow, then bootstrap.dat won't help.  I already explained this when I said:

That depends on the reason that your sync is slow.  If you have insufficient disk access speeds or insufficient RAM, then the only way to improve the sync speed is to upgrade your hardware.  If you have a slow broadband internet connection, then there is a copy of the blockchain that you can download via torrent.  If you install that copy of the blockchain on your computer, then you can significantly reduce the sync time by eliminating the need to download most of the blockchain during the sync process.

So i did putted in the right folder restarted bitcoin wallet but it still synch from network..

I suspect that you probably didn't follow the instructions properly for installing bootstrap.dat.

You should be very careful if you are going to be messing around in that folder without understanding what you are doing.  The database that the wallet uses to store your private keys is in that directory.  If you accidentally delete it or damage it and you don't have a good backup somewhere, then you will permanently lose access to any bitcoins that have been sent to that wallet.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:13:23 PM

I have Bitcoin core Wallet. Also i never done transcation so... What should i do now? just wait to sync? Or What? I have never had bitcoins until this day and it still aint on the wallet because of the sync. Now can i ge tthat money that i sended to the bitcoin core wallet to another wallet?..Ffs im just trying to get this done quickly.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:23:32 PM

I have Bitcoin core Wallet. Also i never done transcation so... What should i do now? just wait to sync? Or What? I have never had bitcoins until this day and it still aint on the wallet because of the sync. Now can i ge tthat money that i sended to the bitcoin core wallet to another wallet?..Ffs im just trying to get this done quickly.
Your best bet is to wait until you are synced. Once you are caught up you could chose a wallet that does not download the blockchain. There are some security considerations with some wallets. Unless you have complete and sole control of your private keys, you do not quite have bitcoin. The entity who does have control must be trusted to not just walk off with your money.

You probably trust a bank with your other money already, so it may be alright. I use the balance as a guide. On my phone I keep like a hundred bucks worth and must trust the wallet. My main stash runs only on bitcoin core, and is almost always stored offline. I trust no one with that money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:33:13 PM

-snip-
Ffs im just trying to get this done quickly.

Danny allready told you what to do. Choose another wallet [1] that does not need the full blockchain, export the correct private key from bitcoin core into the new wallet software. If you need help with the export import process, write again after you have decided for a wallet.

[1] https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:34:24 PM

I have Bitcoin core Wallet.

You've already stated this.  Why are you saying it again?

Also i never done transcation

You said that you already sent bitcoins to the wallet.  If so, then that required a transaction.

so... What should i do now?

I've already answered this.

just wait to sync?

That is one option.  And given how little you understand in the first place and how much difficulty you are having comprehending the things that are being said, it is probably your safest option.  You really should spend some time to better learn what you are dealing with before you get involved in something that has the potential to cause you to lose money.

Or What?

Or import the private keys into some other wallet.  I already stated that.

I have never had bitcoins until this day

That's obvious.

and it still aint on the wallet because of the sync.

Correct.  You've already stated this. Why are you saying it again?

Now can i ge tthat money that i sended to the bitcoin core wallet to another wallet?.

Yes.  I already told you.  If you export the private key and import it into a wallet that doesn't require synchronization, then you can move access to the bitcoins to the new wallet.

Ffs im just trying to get this done quickly.

Trying to quickly do something that you don't understand is a great way to mess things up.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:39:03 PM

funny thing is i dont know how to get my private key or what so ever, so if i change my wallet by choosing one that doesnt need any downloads and get that private key to the new wallet it means i get the bitcoins i bought today to get on my current wallet onto the new one ?. If so, how do i do that?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:54:06 PM

funny thing is i dont know how to get my private key or what so ever,

That's ok.  We can tell you that.

So if i change my wallet by choosing one that doesnt need any downloads and get that private key to the new wallet it means i get the bitcoins i bought today to get on my current wallet onto the new one ?.

I'm having a difficult time with your grammar and so I'm not exactly certain what youa re asking.  But if you are asking if the bitcoins that you bought today and sent to an address in Bitcoin Core will show up in the new wallet after you export the correct private key and import it into the new wallet, then the answer is yes.  This has already been explained to you multiple times. How many more times are you going to ask that question?

If so, how do i do that?

I've already told you, more than once, the method is different for each wallet.  First you need to choose your new wallet and let us know which one you've chosen, then we can help you export and import your private keys.  I'm not going to waste my time explaining the dozens of methods that are necessary for all the wallets that you are not going to choose.

Are you high?  If so, please go away and come back when you are sober.  I'm getting a bit tired of repeating myself and re-stating things that have already been stated.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:01:34 PM

Alright now i understand what you are saying. I chosen https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/  wallet since it lightweight so i can  use the money straight away. Whats the next step?Cheesy Thanks for the support !. I know my grammatic is bad Sad
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

Alright now i understand what you are saying. I chosen https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/  wallet since it lightweight so i can  use the money straight away. Whats the next step?Cheesy Thanks for the support !. I know my grammatic is bad Sad

It was multibit a few seconds ago. Armory is not lightweight, it will require a fully syned bitcoin core.

Ill just give you some time to think abour your new wallet instead of writing something that is completly wasted because you decided to change your mind.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

Well what do you guys say i should chose?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

Well what do you guys say i should chose?

I suggest you go back and read the very first comment that I left you on this thread.

I also suggest that you get a trusted friend or family member who is capable of comprehending the things that they read and asking them to assist you.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

Alright i chose for electrum, what next
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:15:43 PM

UPDATE!  the synch went from 2 years and 30 weeks to 49 weeks only!!:DD THanks for all the support guys:D bless ya all
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:13:07 AM

UPDATE!  the synch went from 2 years and 30 weeks to 49 weeks only!!:DD THanks for all the support guys:D bless ya all
and those 49 weeks will take forever  Smiley
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:29:00 AM

and those 49 weeks will take forever  Smiley

This happened also to me. I am stuck @3weeks ago since a full day of synchronizing.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: