Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:08:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's coming ...  (Read 5774 times)
TangibleCryptography (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 11:05:03 PM

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 11:06:03 PM

Oh and

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:08:21 PM

cool

"prepaid bitcoin cards" - i'm guessing they will be for sale only online, not in retail?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 11:12:58 PM

could you give a short des.

is this like bitbills?

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 11:29:05 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 11:41:35 PM by TangibleCryptography

Yes it is similar to BitBills however mass production will allow us to have a much lower production cost.  We can print and verify roughly 200 cards per hour. Initially distribution will be online only however we hope to someday bring it to retail stores.    Bitcoin would need to be much bigger for any chain to be interested.  The goal is to create an easy user friendly way to buy Bitcoins.  Something your non-technical friends and family can handle that doesn't involve exchanges and wire transfers.  We hope to broaden the base of Bitcoin users.  Go to a website, buy a Bitcoin card with your credit card, and redeem it when it arrives in the mail or hang on to it for secure offline storage.

The initial version will have no magnetic stripe but our equipment has magnetic encoding capabilities so we can produce a card which could be activated using standard POS terminal for offline sales.  Very similar to a giftcard which has no value until activated by cashier.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 12:14:07 AM

I said "FINALLY!!" when I saw the first post.

Then I read your next post.

I don't understand how this is interesting in the slightest for online sales.  Why would I want to buy a prepaid Bitcoin card and wait for it in the mail instead of just instantly receiving my Bitcoin as soon as I pay for it?  And, hasn't it already been done with Bitbills and Causicisuccuisusucss coins?

So, here's my suggestion:  Push hard to get them into a store.  Any store.  Then push for more, and more.  You'd be a huge step ahead of Bitinstant in the retail environment..!  Even if it's just a trial run in a single 7-11 store, or a single slot on the shelf at your local WalMart, or Huh  But that's what I'd be aiming for with these cards.

BTW, I do love the design.  Clean, slick, and noticeable.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 12:39:11 AM

I don't understand how this is interesting in the slightest for online sales.  Why would I want to buy a prepaid Bitcoin card and wait for it in the mail instead of just instantly receiving my Bitcoin as soon as I pay for it?  And, hasn't it already been done with Bitbills and Causicisuccuisusucss coins?

So, here's my suggestion:  Push hard to get them into a store.  Any store.  Then push for more, and more.  You'd be a huge step ahead of Bitinstant in the retail environment..!  Even if it's just a trial run in a single 7-11 store, or a single slot on the shelf at your local WalMart, or Huh  But that's what I'd be aiming for with these cards.

BTW, I do love the design.  Clean, slick, and noticeable.

+1

Though if you can use a CC that is a step.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 12:50:50 AM

Sadly, only works with alt-chain Bitcoinz...

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 12:59:33 AM

I don't understand how this is interesting in the slightest for online sales.  Why would I want to buy a prepaid Bitcoin card and wait for it in the mail instead of just instantly receiving my Bitcoin as soon as I pay for it?  

probably the types of ppl who buy these online won't have or desire a desktop client to receive the coins immediately.  they want a bitcoin store that they can stick in their wallet and for making payments face to face.

And, hasn't it already been done with Bitbills and Causicisuccuisusucss coins?

yes, but we have to assume Bitbills is defunct.  its been too long.

So, here's my suggestion:  Push hard to get them into a store.  Any store.  Then push for more, and more.  You'd be a huge step ahead of Bitinstant in the retail environment..!  Even if it's just a trial run in a single 7-11 store, or a single slot on the shelf at your local WalMart, or Huh  But that's what I'd be aiming for with these cards.

this is a great point.  they would be one huge step closer to the buyer.

BTW, I do love the design.  Clean, slick, and noticeable.

me too.  don't forget these can be used for mementos as well.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 01:02:29 AM

If you caught the Apple keynote, then you'll know that Apple wants to control all of your tickets, rewards/loyalty cards and store credit cards. If you can trick them into hosting this thing also, it could be a foot in the backdoor of their one wallet empire. But since they have killed all the bitcoin software on their store, it seems unlikely. Maybe you can talk to MNW about working with his device/app store.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 01:45:05 AM

Exciting.  I really wanted some bitbills.

Are you also going to make bank cards and payment cards like bitbills was going to?

Bitco

Activity: 746
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:08:00 AM

Big chains probably wouldn't be interested, but I've noticed that many ethnic food stores sell international phone cards.  They'd probably be interested in selling this too.

Also, be careful of calling them 'prepaid' since that has a specific legal definition in the US.
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 02:15:51 AM

PM Sent. Could be interesting.

datafish
Donator

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:36:31 AM

How do you plan mitigate the chargeback risk associated with accepting credit cards?
fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:51:07 AM

sub. Id like to see where this goes.

Truckstops!

LOL i could totally see some good trucker paying for his meal to be ready in 2 hours when he gets to the next stop.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:17:53 AM

Yes it is similar to BitBills however mass production will allow us to have a much lower production cost.  We can print and verify roughly 200 cards per hour. Initially distribution will be online only however we hope to someday bring it to retail stores.    Bitcoin would need to be much bigger for any chain to be interested.  The goal is to create an easy user friendly way to buy Bitcoins.  Something your non-technical friends and family can handle that doesn't involve exchanges and wire transfers.  We hope to broaden the base of Bitcoin users.  Go to a website, buy a Bitcoin card with your credit card, and redeem it when it arrives in the mail or hang on to it for secure offline storage.

The initial version will have no magnetic stripe but our equipment has magnetic encoding capabilities so we can produce a card which could be activated using standard POS terminal for offline sales.  Very similar to a giftcard which has no value until activated by cashier.

to you naysayers, this is the catch. Even bitinstant can be a huge hassle (the nearest bitinstant bank is over 30 miles away for me). This is a needed service.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 05:18:35 AM

to you naysayers, this is the catch. Even bitinstant can be a huge hassle (the nearest bitinstant bank is over 30 miles away for me). This is a needed service.
You don't have a 7-11 or CVS nearby?

norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:24:44 AM

Sub! This could be very nice if executed in a user friendly way and cost effective way!

Easy payment methods and flexible options.
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 11:15:25 AM

How easy will this be for people in Europe? Most similar ideas I've seen so far are usually pretty US-centred.

norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 11:18:01 AM

How easy will this be for people in Europe? Most similar ideas I've seen so far are usually pretty US-centred.

+1 to this
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: