Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoindark, Litecoindark, Shitcoindark  (Read 2390 times)
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:04:21 AM

What is it with the dark thing.

My initial thought was that they were about people cashing in on the Xcoin thing.

But I think some of them are just Scrypt, without any features such as multi-alogos and secret transactions expected from an Xcoin, or Darkcoin.

Is there a "rule" on this, or is the market flooded with knocks offs of Scryptcoins called dark?

Genuine question.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r3morph3d

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 02:10:23 AM

DogecoinDark has a growing community and a Dev that cares. All the other dark coins went to sewer!
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 02:21:49 AM

My initial thought was that they were about people cashing in on the Xcoin thing.

But I think some of them are just Scrypt, without any features such as multi-alogos and secret transactions expected from an Xcoin, or Darkcoin.

Is there a "rule" on this, or is the market flooded with knocks offs of Scryptcoins called dark?

Genuine question.
crypto is ruled by a certain lack of imagination... so Dark, Bit, Lite are a bit overused.
Some people thinks by using bit of names of successful, it will make their coin successful, I think it just make them looks like morons without imagination...  

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 02:27:40 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 07:36:59 AM by bitLeap

crypto is ruled by a certain lack of imagination... so Dark, Bit, Lite are a bit overused.
Some people thinks by using bit of names of successful, it will make their coin successful, I think it just make them looks like morons without imagination...  

A quick some-up of DogecoinDark

DogecoinDark is the only crypto-currency untraceable/anonymous I can't comment on other coins dark/white/black/pink whatever!

While Bitcoin and alt coins users sync wallets over Clearnet and the Bitcoin nodes are on the Clearnet, so running the wallet from Clearnet nodes, but over Tor network, essentially does nothing (that's where uneducated guess might come from for fake "untraceable or anonymous").
DogecoinDark (DOGED) nodes on the other hand are binded to Tor itself, so when a wallet establishes a SOCKS connection to the dark nodes, the node doesn't know the users IP, only its own untraceable and anonymous if tor exit nodes are monitored, the only ip revealed is the node, not the user ;]

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
DrGrid

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:36:47 AM

Dogedarkblacktitcannacoin

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
onexaatif

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:14:15 AM

DogecoinDark is the only crypto-currency untraceable/anonymous I can't comment on other coins dark/white/black/pink whatever!

While Bitcoin and alt coins users sync wallets over Clearnet and the Bitcoin nodes are on the Clearnet, so running the wallet from Clearnet nodes, but over Tor network, essentially does nothing (that's where your idea is coming from for fake "untraceable or anonymous").
DogecoinDark (DOGED) nodes on the other hand are binded to Tor itself, so when a wallet establishes a SOCKS connection to the dark nodes, the node doesn't know the users IP, only its own untraceable and anonymous if tor exit nodes are monitored, the only ip revealed is the node, not the user ;]

that's true, an anonymous coin with untraceable ip
such dark , and secure anonymous network
i love dogecoindark  Smiley
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:23:42 AM

Genuine question.

Just giving my opinion as I follow both coins. Not sure if you researched or just forming opinion.

On DodgeCoinDark. It has one of the most active devs that is continuously developing/coding and active with his coin. And as far as I know he is doing that on his own and not relying on anyone else to implement his goals/plans for the coin (more on that with LTCD). If you have not seen he has implemented TOR and I2P to really make his coin "dark" or as untraceable as possible

As for LightCoinDark, started out awesome. Dev took a lot of input from the community on what we wanted to see from the coin. Problem was he had to rely on someones else to actually do the coding (see bolded from above). The community does not know the true reason from the fall out of the original team but just my opinion. The guy that came aboard to code the features, wanted to do a next generation code for crypto and have LTCD be the first to do it, said from day one that he could care less about the value of LTCD, he did not care if the coin went to 1 sat and stayed there. Said it numerous times, gotta respect him for that, at least I do. He was not in it for the money just the technology side of crypto. I think the others in the dev team did not like it that he was so honest about it. Long story short, he left and the whole coin is now under a new team.

So no"rule" just "dark" is supposed to represent that a coin is truly anonymous. Some people that bring a "dark" coin out might actually like a certain coin but with like the "dark" features. Some people bring out a "dark" coin to piggy back off of a "hot" coin to make a quick profit. I guess you gotta form an opinion for yourself about what is what.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
shmegal325i

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:58:50 AM

True about DogecoinDark. The dev is in chat and forum EVERYDAY and seems like a cool guy that is dedicated. He knows what he is doing, although I'm not very knowledgeable about all this dark stuff, so I can't give any input there.

Just seems like a young, unknown coin at the moment that has a lot of right things going for it. I expect it to grow.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:19:18 AM

cannabisdarkdogelitecoin
perpare your anus
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:33:15 AM

people come up with unoriginal names like this because there is no getting sued for trademark or copyright infringement in crypto

Penny Pincher XPP

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:59:38 AM

The term 'dark' is used by spies, criminals and the military which means "getting off the Grid" or "not being spotted" or "going stealth"

Really what's up with all the "dark" mumbo jumbo.

First we had "Dark Coin" which it lives up to its name because that has 10x times more speed than Bitcoin.

Then we have Bitcoin Dark I don't have a clue why add the word "Dark" if the original Bitcoin its already anonymous p2p.

The LitecoinDark is another one but at least this one has a "light" on when it gets "dark".

And DogeCoinDark which is just a clone of Doge's supremacy  was pumped to over 70 sats on a single day then dumped to 1 sat(ummm DogeBlack is another one)

Lastly but not least CannabisDark coin okay I give credit to this one because " potheads" toke it hidden with their friends hidden behind a building or inside one.

Guys really come up with a good altcoin name without adding the word "dark" at the end.

Make BTC every hour click here: https://www.btc-i24.com/connect-bitman15
japerry

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:10:41 AM

Dogecoindark doesn't just use TOR in order to move transactions from the client to the blockchain. It also uses the "hidden services" feature of TOR to pass transactions to the blockchain via ".onion" routing. This means that transactions are passed via the TOR "darknet".  The onion addresses have no match in standard DNS on the clearnet so the locations of the onion nodes is more difficult to trace. The IP addresses shown in the server logs are the IP addresses of the TOR exit nodes, not the IP address of the client originating the transaction. The transactions are nominally anonymous because of the implied encryption. The I2P nodes also share this technology. AFAIK no other coin is using onion nodes or darknet as the primary means for getting transactions to the blockchain.

bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

litecoindark appears to be a scam
sunerok

Activity: 629

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 05:50:03 PM

hi, im the dev from dogecoindark. maybe i can help answer your question...

"dark" refers to anonymity and not having the ability to track the senders ip address. and yes none of the "dark" coins are truly dark, other than DogecoinDark. We launched a TOR darknet after our first week, and 2 weeks ago, we launched an i2p darknet.  Im pretty active in our thread, and im always in our chatroom. It really makes me happy to see that people from our community have already responded here =]

as to the "Dark" of DOGED, people who stuck around after a week saw we went dark rather quickly. We're in the process of expanding both darknets, and i've also released a ton of developer resources for our coin in just about every programming language, and am continuing to do so, until every language has been completed.

right now we have clients for php, nodejs, c sharp, ruby, and python. (and im currently building a java client)

also, we have a clear winner on our logo contest, and the wallets will be compiled using it, starting this weekend!

<3 cheers all! 

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:47:47 AM

StonedanddarklycoloroureddogwithbigtitsCoin
sunerok

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:23:06 AM

StonedanddarklycoloroureddogwithbigtitsCoin

TOP KEK!

but seriously.. check us out..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817937

if u come in our chat, hit me up if you have any questions ;]

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:03:39 AM

I have no idea why they make all these "Dark" coins, but in my eyes they are useless.
sunerok

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 02:10:43 AM

I have no idea why they make all these "Dark" coins, but in my eyes they are useless.

i dont know why coins are made with "dark" in the name when they arent anon.. but DogecoinDark was made to be anon, and it is now.

as far as i know, no other coin has done this.

cryptocurrency transactions can be traced back to the ip of the sender. DogecoinDark was made to prevent that.

mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:28:37 AM

litecoindark appears to be a scam

A "dev" who cannot code at all (and I mean not even HTML), who cannot solve conflict problems, who cannot deal with community heat from frustration with non-performance because he's a just useless sack of shit who took over management of a coin nobody with any sense will go near?  A coin that is a flat out lie right there in its name (it's got nothing to do with LiteCoin  nor Dark, no anon, etc.  100% generic vanilla scrypt schitcoin)?

How, pray tell,  could this be a scam?   

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:56:23 PM

While Bitcoin and alt coins users sync wallets over Clearnet and the Bitcoin nodes are on the Clearnet, so running the wallet from Clearnet nodes, but over Tor network, essentially does nothing (that's where uneducated guess might come from for fake "untraceable or anonymous").

With the recent take down of 400 darknet TOR sites by the US authorities. I would have to say that TOR is compromised and we need a new encrypted protocol. I don't feel TOR is safe anymore. Perhaps it was never safe.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: