Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should a Freelancer go?  (Read 2417 times)
Initscri (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 12:48:50 AM

I work with Web Development and 90% of my clients are online (IE: Accessible or able to work for with a stable internet connection).

I own an Apartment in Canada and can rent out my apartment (sublet) for a little bit more than a pay for a month.
I always wanted to rent out my apartment for a month (or less) and just fly to somewhere cheap and work there for a bit; sort of like a self-created exchange. Would love to broaden my horizons a little bit.

Obviously, the cost of Flight and hotel stays will have to be valued, and because subletting my apartment SHOULD pull in the same amount I pay for it per month, I can technically budget to spend around the same amount I spend on my apartment per month ( around $1100 ).

So my question is; (TLDR) in your opinion what would be a good destination to fly too and live in for maybe around 2 weeks to a month keeping my budget around $1100-1500.

The country must allow freelancers to work (as if they are on vacation) without additional VISA options or a lot of paperwork.

Any ideas or opinions?

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:13:08 AM

thailand is popular - it's cheap (enough) and expat friendly

try phuket or pattaya or whatever is popular among freelancers these days
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 05:35:17 AM

Why not visit here In Bangladesh, it's pretty cheap. I only earn 200 $ per month and live happily through college.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 07:58:37 AM

India
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 08:36:56 PM

Thailand isn't sounding too bad.

Rent (and cost of living) is exceptionally cheap too in contrast to where I currently live.

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 09:03:56 PM

Ah Freelancer, that brings back memories. Well, once you've saved up about 3mil, first you go to Omicron Theta to get an Eagle, then you go to Omicron Gamma to get some Tizonas and Cannonballs, finally you go to the Unknown to get some Nomad Cannons. Wink

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 09:06:04 PM

Ah Freelancer, that brings back memories. Well, once you've saved up about 3mil, first you go to Omicron Theta to get an Eagle, then you go to Omicron Gamma to get some Tizonas and Cannonballs, finally you go to the Unknown to get some Nomad Cannons. Wink

Well, you just made my day! Thank ya Smiley

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 08:48:16 AM

Mine too. Thanks Smiley

spinf

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:19:18 AM

thailand is popular - it's cheap (enough) and expat friendly

try phuket or pattaya or whatever is popular among freelancers these days

+1 for thailand, plenty of freelancers there, the philippines are also getting more and more expat friendly
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 11:44:27 AM

Mine too. Thanks Smiley

LOL! I was wondering who would bring that up Tongue
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:22:36 PM

lucky guy.. i'd add thailand as well. everything is cheap, plenty of beaches and a shortage of men for women. there are tons of westerners there too if you feel you want someone to speak english with. i think $600 a month in thailand is sufficient to live well.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:28:19 PM

lucky guy.. i'd add thailand as well. everything is cheap, plenty of beaches and a shortage of men for women. there are tons of westerners there too if you feel you want someone to speak english with. i think $600 a month in thailand is sufficient to live well.

$600 a month? I was considering vacationing there, but now moving there sounds nice!

Yeah, it's really really cheap to live in countries like that. You can eat good local food and rent a decent room with internet and everything for the fraction of what it'd cost in the States.
MillardFerland

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:37:26 PM

did you think about freelancer.com and other freelancing websites ?
hyipplus

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:55:55 PM

Stay in USA Smiley There are thousand of chances to earn money as a freelancer in US
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:28:57 PM

Why do you really need to go to Thailand?
you guys really trust such places specially as a foreigner?im not sure if i would like to go there tbh.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

Stay in USA Smiley There are thousand of chances to earn money as a freelancer in US

The point is he is making money right now. He just want to be in some other place to see what it is to live in different place like. I would say go to Europe. But not western. Check southern Europe Croatia, Greece, Italy.
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

The point is he is making money right now. He just want to be in some other place to see what it is to live in different place like. I would say go to Europe. But not western. Check southern Europe Croatia, Greece, Italy.

Exactly. Honestly, even if its just for a little bit; it would be great to have a change / be adventurous for a bit. Thanks for the recommendations as well.

Right now, my choices as for cost of living are Thailand and a few european countries which I felt may be optimal.
Kind of interested in traveling to Germany; I checked into prices and got some reasonable rates (although the sources may be questionable). Anyone have any opinions?

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 08:10:04 AM

Sort-of a bump.

Any more recommendations or opinions??

Atdhe

Activity: 326

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:57:38 PM

Even visits for months or years do not teach anyone how is it to live in another country. To teach ho to live elsewhere is very painful process and for sure not best for hard work. I agree that non-western Europe is good choice.

Better is East than South. Not only cheaper, but better infrastructure and true winter there. Greece and Croatia is quite a shit with internet many times. Czech, Slovakia, Latvia...
Atdhe

Activity: 326

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:59:55 PM

Kind of interested in traveling to Germany; I checked into prices and got some reasonable rates (although the sources may be questionable). Anyone have any opinions?
Germany is reasonable. Every hipster should be now in Berlin! It will be on the top of your budget though. Quite higher cost of living that eastwards, but better services.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: