Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:02:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should a Freelancer go?  (Read 2417 times)
hyipplus

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:45:26 AM

Why do you really need to go to Thailand?
you guys really trust such places specially as a foreigner?im not sure if i would like to go there tbh.

Because they have the best ladyboys and cheap living? Sounds like heaven.
=]] ladyboys

China, Singapore, Korea, and Japan.... Those countries are really good for freelancer Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Initscri (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:07:39 AM

Kind of interested in traveling to Germany; I checked into prices and got some reasonable rates (although the sources may be questionable). Anyone have any opinions?
Germany is reasonable. Every hipster should be now in Berlin! It will be on the top of your budget though. Quite higher cost of living that eastwards, but better services.

I assumed it would be rather hitting my budget with little room to spare. It definitely is at the top of my list in terms of preference though. My heritage is German, so it would be cool to discover a few things about that.

Why do you really need to go to Thailand?
you guys really trust such places specially as a foreigner?im not sure if i would like to go there tbh.

Because they have the best ladyboys and cheap living? Sounds like heaven.
=]] ladyboys

China, Singapore, Korea, and Japan.... Those countries are really good for freelancer Smiley

Actually thought of Singapore but I assume prices are going to be quite a bit high.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Canada&country2=Singapore&city1=Toronto&city2=Singapore

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:18:09 AM

Yeah, don't listen to him. Singapore is expensive to live in, as well as Korea and Japan. China too.
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 08:26:48 AM

Sorry for the bump.

Still kind of wondering if there are anymore recommendations?

vicemayor

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

Sorry for the bump.

I would be looking for countries where aside from relatively easy entry & setup provisions (eg. first off, a country that participates in visa waiver with your country & doesn't have a history of zealously weeding out or hunting down those who might be working on visa waiver) the following:

1. Provides good "bang for the buck/ruble/BTC". Most countries in SE Asia but also parts of Central & South America plus Caribbean.
2. They have reliable accessible and fast Internet access.
3. Provides you with 'community' - it could be the host country's culture that you're interested in, or it could be the community of expats or even more specifically IT expats that attracts you.
3. It ought to be safe. No home invasions that target Western expats or daily doses of violent crime.

I certainly do not think all of Mexico is 'safe' but here is an article about an enclave of American online poker expats who live & game in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.   http://www.businessinsider.com/online-poker-playa-del-carmen-2014-7

If you want advice on areas in SE Asia, I would take a look at the 2014 guides published by WOODEGG: https://woodegg.com/books   They have 16 countries and you can get them all in one digital volume.

This site ESCAPE ARTIST is half-decent and covers all countries: http://www.escapeartist.com/

oprahwindfury

Activity: 569
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:51:10 AM

Sorry for the bump.

I'm in a similar situation. About to graduate from Uni and I'll have a while until I take the GRE for grad school. I was thinking of Phuket, Thailand myself but still open to suggestions. It's a little bit different for me because I could do a little work while abroad so I won't make much of a financial dent.

Considering traveling and backpacking SE Asia because it's extremely cheap there. Best to go with a buddy though I hear.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:27:51 AM

Sorry for the bump.

I would be looking for countries where aside from relatively easy entry & setup provisions (eg. first off, a country that participates in visa waiver with your country & doesn't have a history of zealously weeding out or hunting down those who might be working on visa waiver) the following:

1. Provides good "bang for the buck/ruble/BTC". Most countries in SE Asia but also parts of Central & South America plus Caribbean.
2. They have reliable accessible and fast Internet access.
3. Provides you with 'community' - it could be the host country's culture that you're interested in, or it could be the community of expats or even more specifically IT expats that attracts you.
3. It ought to be safe. No home invasions that target Western expats or daily doses of violent crime.

I certainly do not think all of Mexico is 'safe' but here is an article about an enclave of American online poker expats who live & game in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.   http://www.businessinsider.com/online-poker-playa-del-carmen-2014-7

If you want advice on areas in SE Asia, I would take a look at the 2014 guides published by WOODEGG: https://woodegg.com/books   They have 16 countries and you can get them all in one digital volume.

This site ESCAPE ARTIST is half-decent and covers all countries: http://www.escapeartist.com/

Awesome! I have been in Mexico before; and I understand the incorrect generalized opinion that the whole area is dangerous -- which it isn't. I'll look more into the area, and that area specifically. I shall post what I find. Thanks!

Sorry for the bump.

I'm in a similar situation. About to graduate from Uni and I'll have a while until I take the GRE for grad school. I was thinking of Phuket, Thailand myself but still open to suggestions. It's a little bit different for me because I could do a little work while abroad so I won't make much of a financial dent.

Considering traveling and backpacking SE Asia because it's extremely cheap there. Best to go with a buddy though I hear.

Yeah, I actually have a buddy who is in the same situation as me (we are thinking of possibly going together for a short period of time). That is one of the reasons why that area is so compelling. Many places with cheap costs of living.

Atdhe

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:38:23 PM

My experience is that 3rd world countries - at least in South America where I went to live - are not cheaper. Far from it.

Yes, if you want to eat beans and fish and you swim in ocean and live in favela, then yes. But it is still more comfortable to be homeless freegan in Berlin.

But if you want to maintain at least western middle class standard or even higher standard, it is very costly here, because what is elsewhere considered normal, is here luxury. Good intenet connection is luxury as well. Usually even good landlines do not work when it starts to rain etc.

Many expats came here with vision of cheap life and most of them return at home broken. It is muchmore tough life in poorer countries than in 1st world countries.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: