Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:56:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advanced bitcoin cash register and exchange program wanted for retail  (Read 2707 times)
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 03:47:26 AM

I would love to see an advanced bitcoin client that has a number of features

1) Encrypted master wallet - encrypted with a master password key separate of other passwords in the system.  It is not needed to start the program but it is needed to get the wallet file in an unscrambled version. 

2 ) log in.  Keeps track of users and passwords and how many BTC they can access in the wallet and their privileges such as sending transaction. 

3 ) cash ledger.  Keeps track of how much cash has been received and paid out.

4) settable fees for exchange, by percent, minimum and flat fee

5 ) customer information.  optionally all information needed to fill out a 1099 for customers receiving enough money to legally need one in the USA. 

6 ) email interface send coins.  Program can log into a standard email address and send and receive email.  Customer sends request to give address, program sends a secret code to email address and requests customer send email back with that code and their payment receiving address.  Customer comes in with cash and that code.  When cash is paid, program sends bitcoins to that address

7) email interface receive coins.  Customer sends email request to pay coins.  Program responds with a secret code and an address to send to.  Customer comes in with that code and picks up the cash. 

Cool Customers may fill out information via email in advance. 

I put this together fast, I am sure others can add/improve the above.  I bet a bunch of people would be willing to pay BTC for it as an open source project.  I would put at least 10 btc towards this. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr
Legendary
expert

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:30:31 PM

IMO, 10 BTC is a pitiful amount for a business application.

Matt Corallo
expert

Activity: 755
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 05:58:38 PM

1) Encrypted master wallet - encrypted with a master password key separate of other passwords in the system.  It is not needed to start the program but it is needed to get the wallet file in an unscrambled version. 
Done, can I claim part of the bounty? Will probably show up in 0.4.0 (the version after next).

Bitcoin Core, rust-lightning, http://bitcoinfibre.org etc.
PGP ID: 07DF 3E57 A548 CCFB 7530  7091 89BB B866 3E2E65CE
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 08:17:56 PM

IMO, 10 BTC is a pitiful amount for a business application.

Of course it is.  The idea is for a group of people to pay a fair amount, not one user pay for it all. 

A program being available would cause bitcoin to be more useful and therefore more popular.

Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 08:23:55 PM

Done, can I claim part of the bounty? Will probably show up in 0.4.0 (the version after next).

That feature alone will not do much to help me out with the quest for doing retail trading of bitcoin.  It is the combination of features that allows it to be used for retail.  To me the email interactivity is optional but I need 1-5 to do anything resembling regular retail trade. 

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 08:27:10 PM

2 ) log in.  Keeps track of users and passwords and how many BTC they can access in the wallet and their privileges such as sending transaction. 

5 ) customer information.  optionally all information needed to fill out a 1099 for customers receiving enough money to legally need one in the USA. 

6 ) email interface send coins.  Program can log into a standard email address and send and receive email.  Customer sends request to give address, program sends a secret code to email address and requests customer send email back with that code and their payment receiving address.  Customer comes in with cash and that code.  When cash is paid, program sends bitcoins to that address

7) email interface receive coins.  Customer sends email request to pay coins.  Program responds with a secret code and an address to send to.  Customer comes in with that code and picks up the cash. 

I put this together fast, I am sure others can add/improve the above.  I bet a bunch of people would be willing to pay BTC for it as an open source project.  I would put at least 10 btc towards this. 

I'll do it for 200.
100 if the resulting app is open-sourced.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 09:34:16 PM

I'll do it for 200.

Isn't there already an open source Point-of-sale system that could be modifiyed to handle bitcoin payments?  I know that there is a POS system based off of the Ipad that already intergrates Bitcoin, but to what degree that is so, I know not.  And they are not open source.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Luke-Jr
Legendary
expert

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 02:03:57 AM

I'll do it for 200.

Isn't there already an open source Point-of-sale system that could be modifiyed to handle bitcoin payments?  I know that there is a POS system based off of the Ipad that already intergrates Bitcoin, but to what degree that is so, I know not.  And they are not open source.
That seems implied in the price. 100 BTC is only like 2-3 full days of coding time.

Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 04:05:06 AM

Ok.  Now we are getting somewhere! 

I pledge 10 BTC towards the above app as open source.  I will keep this open for at least 60 days.  I want all seven items but will pay the 10 BTC for just the first five.  I do need it to be compiled into a windows compatible exe or installer so I can actually use it.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 07:26:44 AM

That seems implied in the price. 100 BTC is only like 2-3 full days of coding time.
2-3 days will be enough if I reuse large chunks of bitcoin-central source code Cheesy

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 07:36:43 AM

The bar for this is pretty low.  The target market is a single operator or a small shop with a few employees.

The real pain won't come until big operations (Fortune 500, etc) get into it.  And they'll probably all choose to deal with it in-house or by (closed source) contract.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
cxc.bid

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 02:43:10 PM

Hey there, I know you wrote this in 2011, and is now ... wow - 2015

But the cash-register for crypto-currency has been made, check it out on http://www.cxc.bid and call us if you need any help setting it up or integrating it into your webshop.

It accepts 500+ cryptos + fiat

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: