Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: TERABOX - Free 100GHS Trial - Contracts from 0.001/Ghs!  (Read 47479 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:47:26 PM

i have hairy toes which tickle when i see a scam.

yes, i'm glad to keep this thread a the top to allow users to see it for what it clearly is.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:36:24 PM

Same as my assumption you being a hobbit. But I have to thank you you though for your posts and therefore having tetabox thread always on top of Services section.

Hobbits are not real, ponzis are. How is your service any different than PB when you refuse to provide any evidence of your legitimacy, just like PB? Until you provide such evidence, everyone should just assume you are operating a ponzi.
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:53:02 PM

Same as my assumption you being a hobbit. But I have to thank you you though for your posts and therefore having tetabox thread always on top of Services section.

Hobbits are not real, ponzis are. How is your service any different than PB when you refuse to provide any evidence of your legitimacy, just like PB? Until you provide such evidence, everyone should just assume you are operating a ponzi.

der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:09:37 PM

So far I have no complaints.

Only thing pathetic here is how competitors are abusing trust system and giving negative feedback based on their assumptions. When they do something wrong then it's ok.
"I will give you negative feedback unless you give me info I want from you" - it's really fucked up Mabsark.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:12:57 PM

Got my fist payout! Smiley I wish I had more BTC to buy some more GHS

And now you wasted your bitcoins on a scam, so you'll have even less bitcoins.

Buy & Hold
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Got my fist payout! Smiley I wish I had more BTC to buy some more GHS

And now you wasted your bitcoins on a scam, so you'll have even less bitcoins.

I don't believe so. No need to worry about my coins. Having BTC is the biggest risk anyways.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:47:09 PM

Only thing pathetic here is how competitors are abusing trust system and giving negative feedback based on their assumptions. When they do something wrong then it's ok.
"I will give you negative feedback unless you give me info I want from you" - it's really fucked up Mabsark.

It's not an abuse of the trust system at all. I honestly believe this is a ponzi as do other high ranking users and think it only fair to warn people thaty this service refuses to provide any proof of legitimacy. Like I said, if they provide that evidence I'll remove the negative trust.

What use is it of waiting for people to get ripped off and then say "I told you so"? It's better to warn people now before they get ripped off.
raskul

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

It's not an abuse of the trust system at all. I honestly believe this is a ponzi as do other high ranking users and think it only fair to warn people thaty this service refuses to provide any proof of legitimacy. Like I said, if they provide that evidence I'll remove the negative trust.

What use is it of waiting for people to get ripped off and then say "I told you so"? It's better to warn people now before they get ripped off.

+1
there have been too many people thinking that they can get away with fraudulent schemes like this, and because of that, we are cracking down on it, collectively.
it's not up to us to prove anything is not legitimate. it's up to those asking for our money to prove they that are proper, legal and above board.
you either prove it, or you will find a very difficult path ahead of you.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:16:56 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 05:27:48 PM by MrTeal

The problem is that the crime isn't when a ponzi stops paying out, it is from the moment it starts bringing in money. They are already doing something wrong.

Watching a guy walk into a bank with a bunch of dynamite strapped to his chest and saying "Let's not judge yet, I want to see where this goes" isn't any dumber than sending this guy coin.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:19:12 PM

The problem is that the crime isn't when a ponzi stops paying out, it is from the moment it starts bringing in money. They are already doing something wrong.

Amen.
raskul

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

Amen.

+1 but trying to tell people this can be like banging your head against a brick wall.
the crime is committed at the start of the fraud, not at the end of it.

caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:37:33 PM

@Terabox, I received a voucher last week for 15ghs, but its not paying out anymore.
Has it stopped?

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:50:39 PM

+1 but trying to tell people this can be like banging your head against a brick wall.

Depends which "people". Keep in mind the vast majority of accounts here is held by relatively few  (pretty sad and desperate) individuals out to capitalize on freebees, signature campaigns and referral links and who will do anything for a satoshi.  Once they saved enough satoshi's to buy something somewhere, they will often gamble it on a ponzi, hoping they got in early enough that by promoting the heck out of it, they can make sure the ponzi survives long enough, while cashing in refs and sig bonuses.  You are not going to 'change their minds', because they dont care. They may be responsible for the majority of posts,  because they need to up their activity level and seniority,  and spam their signatures. But they are not the ones spending significant sums that keep the ponzi's going.

Im hopeful, possibly naively, that raising awareness will have at least some tangible impact among the silent masses that do provide the real funding.  You may not ever hear from them, most of them may not even have an account here (see pbmining collapse, all newbies coming out of the woodwork), but Im assuming they can use google and once in a while read a post that makes them think.
Sellers

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:37:29 PM

Will send you a pm when i get the funds!
raskul

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:42:28 PM

Depends which "people". Keep in mind the vast majority of accounts here is held by relatively few  (pretty sad and desperate) individuals out to capitalize on freebees, signature campaigns and referral links and who will do anything for a satoshi.  Once they saved enough satoshi's to buy something somewhere, they will often gamble it on a ponzi, hoping they got in early enough that by promoting the heck out of it, they can make sure the ponzi survives long enough, while cashing in refs and sig bonuses.  You are not going to 'change their minds', because they dont care. They may be responsible for the majority of posts,  because they need to up their activity level and seniority,  and spam their signatures. But they are not the ones spending significant sums that keep the ponzi's going.

Im hopeful, possibly naively, that raising awareness will have at least some tangible impact among the silent masses that do provide the real funding.  You may not ever hear from them, most of them may not even have an account here (see pbmining collapse, all newbies coming out of the woodwork), but Im assuming they can use google and once in a while read a post that makes them think.

yes, it would seem with their external marketing, pbmining did exceptionally well out of the uninformed quarter.
i can, however see a trend which is fading.

those who get in early on these ponzi's will not find a break even point, nor profit from it. i think there have been enough of these things to safely say that there is enough information to assist people in making an informed decision. When pbmining began there were not enough people who spoke long enough to make a difference.
times have changed and what you are doing is admirable. do not tire.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:20:12 PM

[those who get in early on these ponzi's will not find a break even point, nor profit from it. i think there have been enough of these things to safely say that there is enough information to assist people in making an informed decision. When pbmining began there were not enough people who spoke long enough to make a difference.

I agree its likely even early investors in these will no longer break even, and that may have some impact. Compare it  to all these 'bitcoin arbitrage investment' ponzi's that no longer seem to be making headways these day. Then again I thought the same after Pirate, and mining ponzi's are far superior in concept, its really Ponzi 2.0: no bankruns, apparent short term profit yet plausibly long term investor loss. Its perfect. So I think it will be a while before that stops.
raskul

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:34:16 PM

[those who get in early on these ponzi's will not find a break even point, nor profit from it. i think there have been enough of these things to safely say that there is enough information to assist people in making an informed decision. When pbmining began there were not enough people who spoke long enough to make a difference.

I agree its likely even early investors in these will no longer break even, and that may have some impact. Compare it  to all these 'bitcoin arbitrage investment' ponzi's that no longer seem to be making headways these day. Then again I thought the same after Pirate, and mining ponzi's are far superior in concept, its really Ponzi 2.0: no bankruns, apparent short term profit yet plausibly long term investor loss. Its perfect. So I think it will be a while before that stops.

the harsh realities of real, honest cloud mining can be clearly seen in the difficulty charts and even a small bit of research can show massive realities to the investor regarding costs and contract longevity.
eg. I'm still mining my own rigs, but they are (most likely) far from exceptionally profitable at the moment - even though i'm mining at 0.53w/GH, I do it at home as a hobby and I take my losses on the chin for the simple fact that I believe in bitcoin in the long term and all the paper wallets that I stash away, will do good for someone in my family, somewhere down the line...
A cloud company has far more necessity to service overheads than I do and as a result will always be forced to add realistic fees, which, in the end relate closely to the costs which I endure as a hobbyist at home.
One serious problem with these ponzi schemes is that they are detracting from the real businesses. there are some very good companies out there who have decentralisation and the commitment to providing mining for little guys like me , at heart and the more naive 'investors' who plump to send their BTC to a ponzi scheme like terabox, because it is cheaper, the less we are able to decentralise the network. I'm not saying this as an investor in anything, but just one who is concerned for the future of bitcoin as a whole. If we do not act, and continue to act, the real, honourable companies who are vying to sign up these investors will end up being sold out to massive conglomerations who care not a toss about who holds what portion of the network.
in the long run, it's a very serious situation and I, for one, will not be swayed from seeing the bigger picture and continuing to point out the realities.

dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:52:45 PM

@Terabox, I received a voucher last week for 15ghs, but its not paying out anymore.
Has it stopped?

Even my voucher is no longer working. Was it only for 1 week?

TeraBox (OP)

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 06:13:21 PM

Has it stopped?

This is some kind of bug or mistake....will fix this issue ASAP so don't worry

enryk

Activity: 168

GreenCoin

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:09:26 PM

Has it stopped?

This is some kind of bug or mistake....will fix this issue ASAP so don't worry

I think I might have the same issue. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: