Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:32:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: p2pool vs BAN  (Read 4486 times)
fire000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:37:42 PM

IS eliguis NOT A PPS paying pool Huh?
Why don't you go look yourself? I assume you are used to being wrong by now, so you shouldn't be surprised to learn the answer is: NO. It is NOT a pure PPS pool.
The full block reward (including transaction fees) is distributed according to the Capped PPS with Recent Backpay (CPPSRB) system.

Lmao you may want to re read the post of mine again it stated in there it is a 10 percent of a not 100 percent paying PPS pool (due to the share shelving that eligus does)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fire000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:42:30 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 11:57:22 PM by fire000

BAN shill/troll bait....... Cheesy

LULZ....didn't take long for the dope BAN shill fire000 to bite did it?.......too easy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
It's like he just jumped right in the boat without even bothering to put up a fight.  Too bad his response offered up absolutely nothing of value.

I really do wish someone who's been mining on BAN would come and share their experience and payouts so we can see just how they actually do.

Good luck on that wish.  Based on their thread(s), it's nothing but people who can't spell, perform basic arithmetic, or understand that -10% fee PPS is going to end in a lot of people getting fucked over if they're not already.

eleuthria its hard to get "fucked over" when you can get paid hourly. I have enough bonus payments and then some (a S3 miner free)  that I could not get paid for a month and still not get screwed. I have been screwed over worst back when I mined at Slushes pool ( and no pool operatorer to be found when needed) and got screwed on a couple of payouts and that is why I moved to BTC Guild when I did.

edit: I just moved my miners off BAN as the payments and website are both down but will move them back once I know everything is ok.
The miners who started mining early on will likely end up with a positive EV from mining on BAN as their early extra payments would make up for the lower/no payments that will eventually happen when they can no longer afford to continue paying 110% pps. It is the miners who start mining on BAN later on that will end up getting screwed as they will have a higher percentage of their total EV mining reward withheald when they eventually collapse and stop paying mining proceeds.

The only way a pool can payout 110% pps is if they are able to have an average luck of over 110%

s0br post over 3 months ago that it was a temporary thing to only build hash rate and when the pool got to 5PH it would most likely stop. I dont think anybody thinks it will last forever.

so true on this side and the trolls are forgetting that side even when that 10 percent is taken out BAN still kills the other pools as it works to a expected rigs earn on the PPS not like the other pools which are all down from it as the long term data above shows quite clear as NONE have hit the expected earns where BAN would of been on par with it...   Even the other 2 true paying PPS POOLS that charge a fee in discus fish and the other one would of killed the PPNLS pools in that data....    AS discus fish is also a true paying PPS pool charging a 4 percent fee so that pool would also out done p2 pool BTC GUILD and elgiuis etc.....

And people wonder why discus grow so fast it cause people know how to use a calculator unlike the trolls in here and wanted a stop put to been ripped off by pool operators that use a pplns payout system or any of the other mod payouts eg the eliguis one etc....   
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:48:30 PM

Ok show me where ANYBODY has gotten scammed up to this point today! show me! To date the pool has paid everything they said they would.  you are the one that was spouting off how you rent your mining equipment to s0br at some ungodly rate and laughed about it. so how do you sleep at night raping miners renting equipment at a rate that they can not make a profit??  

EDIT: I guess if I didn't care I would have never posted this I just moved my miners off BAN as the payments and website are both down but will move them back once I know everything is ok.
Your comparison makes no sense at all. The difference is that I have NO problem renting hashrate at an ungodly rate to s0br, because I know that he is a SCAMMER. So I can sleep at night knowing he is paying insane rental rates to me for my hashing power, although apparently he has wised up as he hasn't rented my hashpower for quite some time. That might explain why you aren't going to be receiving any payouts. Someone might have run out of BTC...(s0br). And BTW, I think there might have been 2 other people who have rented my equipment besides s0br, and each of them just once, and I have no problem sleeping at night because they chose to pay the insane rate that I use, that's up to them. What you are doing is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. You are helping to promote a pool that is an obvious scam, but as long as you know that you are at the "top of the pyramid", so to speak, you believe that you have nothing to lose. Well guess what? Other miners will be the ones who will be taking the losses.

IS eliguis NOT A PPS paying pool Huh?
Why don't you go look yourself? I assume you are used to being wrong by now, so you shouldn't be surprised to learn the answer is: NO. It is NOT a pure PPS pool.
The full block reward (including transaction fees) is distributed according to the Capped PPS with Recent Backpay (CPPSRB) system.

Lmao you may want to re read the post of mine again it stated in there it is a 10 percent of a not 100 percent paying PPS pool (due to the share shelving that eligus does)
How can you expect anyone to "read" the blathering, nonsensical bullshit that you refer to as your "post"? You cannot effectively communicate using the English language. In the future, write your posts in your native language, copy and paste them into Google translate (English, of course), and see if we can get a better result, mmmkay?
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 12:12:47 AM

so true on this side and the trolls are forgetting that side even when that 10 percent is taken out BAN still kills the other pools as it works to a expected rigs earn on the PPS not like the other pools which are all down from it as the long term data above shows quite clear as NONE have hit the expected earns where BAN would of been on par with it...   Even the other 2 true paying PPS POOLS that charge a fee in discus fish and the other one would of killed the PPNLS pools in that data....    AS discus fish is also a true paying PPS pool charging a 4 percent fee so that pool would also out done p2 pool BTC GUILD and elgiuis etc.....

And people wonder why discus grow so fast it cause people know how to use a calculator unlike the trolls in here and wanted a stop put to been ripped off by pool operators that use a pplns payout system or any of the other mod payouts eg the eliguis one etc....   
Here you go spreading lies and misconceptions yet again.  First you try to derail the thread by bringing Eligius into it - which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  Now you're writing the same garbage about how BAN kills other pools and yet have not shown a single shred of evidence to prove your claims.  I have PROVEN that p2pool outperformed BAN since BAN began, and I have PROVEN that p2pool crushed BAN during the testing period shown in the "BAN is the best" thread.

Put your BTC where your mouth is.  Show me the evidence of how BAN is crushing p2pool.  You can't because such evidence doesn't exist.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
fire000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:21:03 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 12:39:05 AM by fire000

Here you go spreading lies and misconceptions yet again.  First you try to derail the thread by bringing Eligius into it - which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  Now you're writing the same garbage about how BAN kills other pools and yet have not shown a single shred of evidence to prove your claims.  I have PROVEN that p2pool outperformed BAN since BAN began, and I have PROVEN that p2pool crushed BAN during the testing period shown in the "BAN is the best" thread.

Put your BTC where your mouth is.  Show me the evidence of how BAN is crushing p2pool.  You can't because such evidence doesn't exist.

Lmao any normal person that knows how to use a bitcoin calculator can work this out..   We do not need to post anything as on a TRUE PPS paying pool earnings match your rigs expected earnings minus the pool fee if there is one eg discus at 4 percent or in BAN case zero fees   DAY in and out

A true PPS paying pool is one of the most open and upfront paying methods that a pool operator can use as there NO way to hide things as joe bloggs has only got to do the above to work out their payouts and if it does not match (1-2 percent margin for hash)  you know the pool not paying right  

And to the second part of this post there was a 20 day test ran and the info is over in the BAN thread on this btc address http://minefast.coincadence.com/miner.php?id=14hK4PKZyisS5HECapW9jmmUfuMRt4D9o3   the rig was a 820 g rig ran from the 30th of oct to 22 nov you going to have to add the total payouts on that address by hand as it had been used in the past on p2 many moons ago ...   In that test BAN paid 50 percent higher than p2
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 12:51:29 AM

Here you go spreading lies and misconceptions yet again.  First you try to derail the thread by bringing Eligius into it - which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  Now you're writing the same garbage about how BAN kills other pools and yet have not shown a single shred of evidence to prove your claims.  I have PROVEN that p2pool outperformed BAN since BAN began, and I have PROVEN that p2pool crushed BAN during the testing period shown in the "BAN is the best" thread.

Put your BTC where your mouth is.  Show me the evidence of how BAN is crushing p2pool.  You can't because such evidence doesn't exist.

Lmao any normal person that knows how to use a bitcoin calculator can work this out..   We do not need to post anything as on a TRUE PPS paying pool earnings match your rigs expected earnings minus the pool fee if there is one eg discus at 4 percent or in BAN case zero fees   DAY in and out

A true PPS paying pool is one of the most open and upfront paying methods that a pool operator can use as there NO way to hide things as joe bloggs has only got to do the above to work out their payouts and if it does not match (1-2 percent margin for hash)  you know the pool not paying right  

And to the second part of this post there was a 20 day test ran and the info is over in the BAN thread...   In that test BAN paid 50 percent higher than p2
Once again you provide no evidence at all to support your claim.  I have clearly shown that p2pool has out-performed BAN since BAN has been in existence.

This thread is not a philosophical discussion about the merits of one payout system vs another.  There are plenty of threads debating the benefits of each.  The thread is here to provide data on p2pool and to compare it to BAN since that data was not included in the BAN thread.  Furthermore, this thread exists to squelch the lies about how p2pool is somehow broken that you in particular have spread around the forum.

To recap: a miner who mined p2pool from 7/20 until 11/26 would have made 112.63% of expected earnings.  If you have done better, prove it.  Show the wallet and the payouts as I have.  I welcome it.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
newbuntu

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:34:26 PM

BAN shill/troll bait....... Cheesy

LULZ....didn't take long for the dope BAN shill fire000 to bite did it?.......too easy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
It's like he just jumped right in the boat without even bothering to put up a fight.  Too bad his response offered up absolutely nothing of value.

I really do wish someone who's been mining on BAN would come and share their experience and payouts so we can see just how they actually do.
Heh, I was mining on BAN up until the middle of September.
I have 8 S3 Ants and when I pulled out of BAN I was down to around $12 / day and at the time the price for BTC was much higher than it is now.
After setting up a server, experimenting, testing and now running my own p2pool node for the last two months - with only the same 8 x S3 Ants - it's near the end of November and most days I'm making $25 - $30, some days nothing, some days $10, some days $40 and some days $50 or more - of course it depends on the frequency of finding blocks just the same as other pools.
P2pool kicks ass in comparison to the payouts from other pools, I'll never go back to mining in someone else's pool - whether BAN or any other.
Setting up one's own p2pool node is a great learning experience and provides a measure of control - even if it is only psychological.
It's unfortunate if others cannot / will not believe that it's a better payout, but that's their loss I guess - hopefully more will come over.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:25:24 PM

Yeah reviving a half year long thread. But I am not spamming or saying useless things.

I don't know ban and never mined there but the instant you don't control your node, it's no different than not controlling your private keys. Mining in a pool you have no control is no different than leaving fiat in the bank instead of at home. You are trusting them. It's goddamn easy for pools to steal your hashrate and luck would be to blame. Not to mention use it for things such as destroying coins/51% attack.
Seems like p2pool is the only 100% trustless pool (please correct me if I am wrong!). It's sad it has less than 0.5% of the total bitcoin network hashrate.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 09:51:45 PM

Yeah reviving a half year long thread. But I am not spamming or saying useless things.

I don't know ban and never mined there but the instant you don't control your node, it's no different than not controlling your private keys. Mining in a pool you have no control is no different than leaving fiat in the bank instead of at home. You are trusting them. It's goddamn easy for pools to steal your hashrate and luck would be to blame. Not to mention use it for things such as destroying coins/51% attack.
Seems like p2pool is the only 100% trustless pool (please correct me if I am wrong!). It's sad it has less than 0.5% of the total bitcoin network hashrate.
Oh this thread... LOL.  Brings back some memories Smiley

P2Pool is definitely a good way to go - especially if you're running your own node, which is how it is intended to be done.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: