Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: arbitrage from btc-e to bitstamp - is it worth it?  (Read 3446 times)
igl00 (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 08:52:03 PM

im very bad with maths so could somebody [i assume loads of peope lthought about it] tell me is it worth to arbitrage coins between btc-e and bitstamp? i mean containign withdrawal and deposit fees on both.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:41:31 PM

im very bad with maths so could somebody [i assume loads of peope lthought about it] tell me is it worth to arbitrage coins between btc-e and bitstamp? i mean containign withdrawal and deposit fees on both.

Doing well with arb to Okcoin.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
igl00 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 12:53:54 AM

Okcoin needs verification or not?

ANd still i would lie kto know of Bitstamp since i have account there

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 12:58:14 AM

Okcoin needs verification or not?

ANd still i would lie kto know of Bitstamp since i have account there

I had to verify my email and my phone number for withdraws.

I just bluffed the name and when support emailed me I just kindly informed them that I was concerned giving my info to a site I just met... maybe if we could take it slow and they gave me my coins with no problems.

Very happy needless to say and I like their security more than other places I've seen.

If I would have stumbled across OKcoin rather than Mtgox back in the day I would have bought Bitcoin for $13 a coin Tongue  I took one look at Mtgox and thought "Fuck that noise."  I only thought of BTC as SR tokens back then anyways... times have changed.

Edit:

This doesn't mean I'd hold BTC with them or anything.  Surely we have all learned exchanges are not great wallets by now.  In and out, in and out.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:02:56 AM

why not buy on btc-e, sell on lakebtc
bitstamp sell price is not highest, and its fee not cheap.
igl00 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 03:04:11 AM

whats lakeBTC fees and whats the spread?

also.. whats the verification process? Smiley

Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:44:16 AM

Generally speaking it will not be profitable for most people to attempt to arbitrage between exchanges. The overall profit is generally low, as the difference between pricing on exchanges is low, especially after taking trading fees into consideration.

I also think this is often how people end up with closed bank accounts as people puch large volumes of money though their bank account when attempting to arbitrage.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:16:03 AM

whats lakeBTC fees and whats the spread?

also.. whats the verification process? Smiley

complete exchange review here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0  Wink

lakebtc fee is quite cheap for now, and the verification is need by wiuthdrawal

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

I wrote me a bot to check for this kinda arb, but never actually tried it, since I don't have the bank accounts to return the money.

igl00 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 01:58:56 AM

I wrote me a bot to check for this kinda arb, but never actually tried it, since I don't have the bank accounts to return the money.

i have option of loading BTC-E with USD and have optio nfo withdrawal USD from bitstamp so i would like to try.
btc-e loading costs a bit in fees.

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

This is the problem with trying to execute arbitrage. In order to do so that results in any kind of meaningful profits, you will need to transfer significant amounts of money through your bank account and this will likely result in your bank looking at your with suspicion and closing your account.
Brmaster

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:16:03 AM

here is its arb plan can be refered https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765074.0
Bling007

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:26:15 AM

Yeap, when you have 0.1% fee on BombayBitcoinBourse.com - certainly worth it !
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:31:13 PM

Thanks for the pointer. But it seems they don't have an API there yet, that could be used for automated trading?

igl00 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:29:40 AM

so this is not as easy as i thought Sad

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 04:30:38 AM

Thanks for the pointer. But it seems they don't have an API there yet, that could be used for automated trading?

I don't think you need an API to use automated trading (although I believe both bistamp and btc-e allow api access). All you need is to give your bot your account credentials and if your bot is created correctly it can access your account and execute trades, even via their website
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:37:17 PM

I wrote website scraping code for btc-e to to withdrawals, but I'd rather avoid it these days.

bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:59:15 PM

Yeap, when you have 0.1% fee on BombayBitcoinBourse.com - certainly worth it !

I just heard and saw this site almost in 10 threads today, is it safe, did you use it for arbitrage?
junglemouse

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:19:54 AM

Arbitrage works best with software and extensive capital on both exchanges.
SanMerryDro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:07:34 AM

Bitstamp fee is high, and its a very tedious verification system for aml/kyc, why not choose LakeBTC to replace it?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: