Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the winklevoss ETF failed  (Read 4991 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:18:59 PM

I applaud you man. You put more work into your FUD than anyone. It's obvious that you took the time to do some editing and adding bullet points, etc. ;It's very readable. I disagree with the premisses your making, but you do a good job posting.
Consider that the failings you see are failings that ETF investors make make if they don't understand what they are doing. That's a good point. One should never invest money in anything unless they fully understand it. I would imagine that many of the ETF investors do know what they are doing and see a realistic path to profits.

That is gen. 1 thinking, IMO. Eventually they will spend their bitcoin directly rather than using bitcoin as a way to collect dollars.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
fewcoins (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

I applaud you man. You put more work into your FUD than anyone. It's obvious that you took the time to do some editing and adding bullet points, etc. ;It's very readable. I disagree with the premisses your making, but you do a good job posting.
Consider that the failings you see are failings that ETF investors make make if they don't understand what they are doing. That's a good point. One should never invest money in anything unless they fully understand it. I would imagine that many of the ETF investors do know what they are doing and see a realistic path to profits.

That is gen. 1 thinking, IMO. Eventually they will spend their bitcoin directly rather than using bitcoin as a way to collect dollars.

Obviously you don't pay attention to my post... I am very transparent about when I buy BTC & when I sell it after I feel a rally is loosing steam. You are correct though, I hope eventually we might find a real good use for bitcoin! At least that's what all these speculators are hoping. Right now we are on the same path as the failing dollar. Extreme Leverage, naked shorting, government control, banks, interest, traders, regardless everyone in BTC is speculating!! How am I spreading fud when I had a lot of money in bitcoin?? I go to broad st. at least once per month! Most on here have never even been to anything pro bitcoin. The people I work with closely on wall st. have said many many times that this ETF in it's current form will never be released! Most on this forum would never buy that money stealing ETF anyway... All I did was put up facts so you guys don't think a massive amount of money will go rushing into BTC because of this ETF (which I have seen many many many post on) Since when do people on this forum attack you for letting your fellow bitcoiners know what the deal is??? IT'S HONESTLY SAD!

You don't have to listen to me, many on this site never did... some did & have saved a lot of money not buying this whole way down to 350! The ones who completely shit on the facts I bring to the table are usually the ones buying the entire way down! They are salty they keep getting burned again and again so I can't argue with them... They have faith in a system they don't know or understand. Good luck to them all.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:32:09 PM

This is why me & many more with large sums of money in bitcoin are pulling out.

Your own username is 'fewcoins'.

It seems pretty unlikely that you a) have any real wealth, b) have 'large' sums in bitcoin or c) are pulling anything out.

You come across as a young dumb kid hoping to push the price down on a day you think might result in a few more coins than normal hitting exchanges (black friday).

Edit: Reddit might be a better crowd for your age group
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 03:37:35 PM

It seems pretty unlikely that you a) have any real wealth, b) have 'large' sums in bitcoin or c) are pulling anything out.

You come across as a young dumb kid hoping to push the price down on a day you think might result in a few more coins than normal hitting exchanges (black friday).

LMFAO Hilarious! Another basher instead of reading up on facts... I am far from a young kid but okay enjoy your bashing and loosing all your money.
I started with a few coins & I mine more everyday. You have no idea about what I own but continue to guess! You are really doing good smh.
You're probably another salty bag holder that's been buying from the willy bot since 1,200 & you're mad we will never ever see that price again until a pack of gum is $5
I have already pulled out of bitcoin. I WILL GO FULL LEVERAGE INTO SHORTING after the next pop. Just like I have done at every huge pop. Enjoy getting burned buying on the way down.

Anyone with any real helpful opinions, knowledge, or facts???
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:03:26 PM

Enjoy getting burned buying on the way down.

The Winkelvoss ETF is still pending. Fact.  This thread title is false. Fact. Anything else is speculative. Fact.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:04:51 PM

LMFAO Hilarious! Another basher instead of reading up on facts... I am far from a young kid but okay enjoy your bashing and loosing all your money.
I started with a few coins & I mine more everyday. You have no idea about what I own but continue to guess! You are really doing good smh.
You're probably another salty bag holder that's been buying from the willy bot since 1,200 & you're mad we will never ever see that price again until a pack of gum is $5
I have already pulled out of bitcoin. I WILL GO FULL LEVERAGE INTO SHORTING after the next pop. Just like I have done at every huge pop. Enjoy getting burned buying on the way down.

You joined this forum two months ago, that is if you aren't a troll alt. If you don't own any coins then you have no influence on the market price except posting troll crap like this on a potentially price sensitive day. I don't think there is anything more to you than that to be honest.

It is dangerous to judge people based on the quality of their prose, but I wish you the best of luck when you 'GO FULL LEVERAGE' matey, you are surely going to need it.

Edit: see posts by Matthecat for an education in bitcoin trading 101
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

Continue to predict I have no coins & I am coming on here just to troll... That might be something you would do but my real life money is in this digital bitcoin game & I am going to do my due diligence. People with real opinions & information can chime in... Inca, you should probably go find a permabull thread. I think I just saw one about the moon in 2015, enjoy!  Cheesy
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Continue to predict I have no coins & I am coming on here just to troll... That might be something you would do but my real life money is in this digital bitcoin game & I am going to do my due diligence. People with real opinions & information can chime in... Inca, you should probably go find a permabull thread. I think I just saw one about the moon in 2015, enjoy!  Cheesy

Ooh moon! Smiley
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:53:22 PM

When you start your thread saying "failed" you come across as someone who is not interested in discussing "facts" just trolling and throwing out FUD.

The title of your thread is wrong.  The ETF has not "failed" since it has not even been approved yet, so your "facts" turn out to be nothing more than speculation.

You claim to want to discuss "facts" but you can't even be honest when you start the thread.

If you want to be taken seriously, act like you do.
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:34:45 PM

the ETF has been dragging on for quite a while now - is that the usual timeframe to get an ETF going or is it moving more slowly than usual
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:43:43 PM

the ETF has been dragging on for quite a while now - is that the usual timeframe to get an ETF going or is it moving more slowly than usual

They take a fair old while at the best of times, and this is a totally new breed. It could drag on for a long time yet.
thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:49:23 PM

Maybe Zuckerberg is lobbying against the ETF just as a revenge against the twins.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:37:08 PM

Good writer OP!  Smiley

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:47:01 PM

As long as they perform voluntary trade, and do not rely on the power of the state: As long as they can exist as a fund, they have to create some value for some customers. At the bare minimum, they help calculatively challenged people happy in their delusion.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:01:23 AM

Maybe Zuckerberg is lobbying against the ETF just as a revenge against the twins.
This isn't a congressional issue. Lobbyists wouldn't have any effect. If true the drama would make a good sequel movie someday.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Useli Violent

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:11:30 AM

fewcoins,

Excellent writeup - I agree with many, if not all, of your points.

In summary, wall street = kiss of death.

██████████ YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:19:22 AM

fewcoins,

... Says the person trying to earn Bitcoin from affiliate links.  Roll Eyes

Better get out now while you can! Between Second Market and this ETF, Bitcoin is doomed.  Roll Eyes
Useli Violent

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:40:03 AM

fewcoins,

... Says the person trying to earn Bitcoin from affiliate links.  Roll Eyes

Better get out now while you can! Between Second Market and this ETF, Bitcoin is doomed.  Roll Eyes

Did I say Bitcoin was doomed?  No.

Wall Street needs Bitcoin more than Bitcoin needs Wall Street.

In fact, Bitcoin does not need Wall Street, at all.

Hero members should know this by now.

██████████ YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:03:09 AM

fewcoins,

... Says the person trying to earn Bitcoin from affiliate links.  Roll Eyes

Better get out now while you can! Between Second Market and this ETF, Bitcoin is doomed.  Roll Eyes

Did I say Bitcoin was doomed?  No.

Wall Street needs Bitcoin more than Bitcoin needs Wall Street.

In fact, Bitcoin does not need Wall Street, at all.

Hero members should know this by now.

You said "kiss of death".  Death is the end.  Doomed is then end.   So, yes, you said that Wall Street would kill Bitcoin which means it is doomed.  Hero members can't read your mind when you say one thing and mean the opposite.

Bitcoin may not "need" Wall Steet, but it is a positive for Bitcoin to have investment and people developing products and uses for the technology no matter where they are based. 

OP says the ETF "failed" when it hasn't even started yet. That is misleading and untrue.

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:26:44 AM

You are wrong, this will bring bitcoin within reach of anyone with a brokerage account.  Because of that infrastructure there will be no ATML or know your customer issues.  I can't help but think that this will be a Very Good Thing.

It has not failed yet.  Let's give it a chance.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: