Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX GBP Cash Deposits  (Read 1519 times)
meanig (OP)

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:52:05 PM

On the MtGox GBP deposit page there is a polite notice stating that,

Direct cash deposits should not be made, as they may not be credited

Does this mean that they no longer accept cash deposits or is it just a warning that if you lodge cash there is a higher chance of error? I've deposited cash in the past and it all went smoothly. If you tell the cashier to input the transaction message I can't see what could go wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsterblitz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:11:15 AM

No idea, but i've been trying to get my cash out of mtgox for close to a month and still nothing.  third method & currenly hung up trying to transfer to my dwollar account for over a week.
Jake
Donator

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Happy New Year!

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:13:30 AM

I hate to say it, but look at the Trading Discussion forum. It looks like MtGox isn't doing so well, were are you located? Maybe it'd be better to do some local trading, or trading with a exchange that is more responsive.

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:45:05 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2012, 06:04:45 AM by Mt.Gox Support

I hate to say it, but look at the Trading Discussion forum. It looks like MtGox isn't doing so well, were are you located? Maybe it'd be better to do some local trading, or trading with a exchange that is more responsive.

We are doing just fine thank you very much!

On the MtGox GBP deposit page there is a polite notice stating that,

Direct cash deposits should not be made, as they may not be credited

Does this mean that they no longer accept cash deposits or is it just a warning that if you lodge cash there is a higher chance of error? I've deposited cash in the past and it all went smoothly. If you tell the cashier to input the transaction message I can't see what could go wrong.

As for GBP Cash Deposit, we have a small technical issue lately and that put us and our customers into a very delicate situation.  The problem is simple some users either completely ignore the fact that their name is needed or they do not write correctly their Mt.Gox account number on the deposit slip, making it extremely difficult for us to know where the money is coming from.
The many mistakes we see is regarded users Mt.Gox account number that MUST BE WRITTEN as follow in CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY :

MTG[ACCOUNT NUMBER]X

Now even if we still process some cash deposit we would like you to be very careful when doing so and would prefer you guys to use other methods until we sort this matter out.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
meanig (OP)

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 01:27:04 PM

As for GBP Cash Deposit, we have a small technical issue lately and that put us and our customers into a very delicate situation.  The problem is simple some users either completely ignore the fact that their name is needed or they do not write correctly their Mt.Gox account number on the deposit slip, making it extremely difficult for us to know where the money is coming from.
The many mistakes we see is regarded users Mt.Gox account number that MUST BE WRITTEN as follow in CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY :

MTG[ACCOUNT NUMBER]X

Now even if we still process some cash deposit we would like you to be very careful when doing so and would prefer you guys to use other methods until we sort this matter out.

Thanks for the reply.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 01:39:05 PM

We are doing just fine thank you very much!

Well at least you are honest about that.  It is your loyal customers who you have delayed funds for 2-3 weeks (wonder when the first 30 day delay will happen) that aren't doing as well.
Sultan

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:27:03 AM

Hi guys,

I am interested in operating a website that acts as a marketplacet for mtgox gbp vouchers. This could be a solution to quickly get funds in and out of mtgox efficiently.

I would like to see how much interest there is for this before I embark on this journey as I myself have found it rather annoying to be unable to transfer funds out of Mt Gox effectively (no local withdrawl? And international is rip-off!)

Let me know what your thoughts are!

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: