Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia, Oil and bitcoin!  (Read 2552 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:59:28 PM

Today an important event happened that is OPEC won't cut oil output, which sends crude oil prices plummet to 4yr low to 70$ per barrel.

How this affects bitcoin?

Russia is already facing heavy sanctions by the western world for invading Ukraine and hence these sanctions are making credit agencies to downgrade ratings for Russia and hence both credit and Russian money is fleeing away from Russia for past few months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnU2oBAszYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rHwmgg5pMk

While this has affected Russian economy there is even more,  much of the National budget and social schemes of Russia was planned on the hope that oil will always stay above 90$..but today with 70$ its sad day for Russia

All this will make Russia completely standstill and finally Putin will have to accept to the western terms and conditions!

This is cleary evident in ruble vs bitcoin..imagine just 1% of Russian money into bitcoin!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nm261/russians_fleeing_the_ruble_for_btc_localbitcoins/

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/localbtcRUB#igWeeklyzm1g10zm2g25zvzcv

TLDR: Russia isn't Cyprus! But what is happening seems to lead the country in that path! and if it happens in the same way then moon is just a blip in the trajectory.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:00:21 PM

I think it's ISIS that are dropping the oil prices, last I heard they were selling for like $20 a barrel.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

I think it's ISIS that are dropping the oil prices, last I heard they were selling for like $20 a barrel.

And now I feel if the ISIS is really the gamechanger in the whole second cold war between west and Russia
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:02:46 PM

Selling .001% of the supply at dumb low won't tank the price.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:03:46 PM

I feel bad for the Russian people, if their leaders were not complete and utter morons they would be using BTC to save their currency.  Alas they are from the 20's and are still probably scared of the fancy radio device never mind that interwebz thingy.
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:07:54 PM

I feel bad for the Russian people,
Are you crazy?  Their deep suffering was well earned.  When you allow yourself to be governed by thieves and bandits, you will pay later.  It is the duty of all persons to hold elected officials accountable.  If you accept their bullshit, the bullshit will fall on you eventually.  Russians now have to pay.  Millions of people shivering in the cold eating beets.  This is what they deserve.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:37:38 PM

Are you crazy?  Their deep suffering was well earned.  When you allow yourself to be governed by thieves and bandits, you will pay later.  It is the duty of all persons to hold elected officials accountable.  If you accept their bullshit, the bullshit will fall on you eventually.  Russians now have to pay.  Millions of people shivering in the cold eating beets.  This is what they deserve.

Feel sad for the Russians, the best thing they can do is to buy bitcoins and HODL them
Vessko

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:02:48 PM

While this has affected Russian economy there is even more,  much of the National budget and social schemes of Russia was planned on the hope that oil will always stay above 90$..but today with 70$ its sad day for Russiav

The effect of the falling oil prices are offset to Russia, to a large degree, by the falling rouble. Since Russian oil companies account for their profits in roubles (and also their costs are mostly in roubles as well), they haven't been affected all that much.

Conversely, the falling oil prices are much more damaging for the US shale oil companies. Their costs are rather high and they need a much higher oil price just to break even. The fact that the US dollar is raising is a double whammy for them.

All this will make Russia completely standstill and finally Putin will have to accept to the western terms and conditions!

LOL. Yeah, good luck with that.

This is cleary evident in ruble vs bitcoin..imagine just 1% of Russian money into bitcoin!

Didn't Russia ban Bitcoin some time ago?
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:07:42 PM

They also banned homosexuality.  That didn't work either.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:28:33 PM

AFAICR the only people who can hold their head up in that regard in recent history are Icelanders.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:29:08 PM

Today an important event happened that is OPEC won't cut oil output, which sends crude oil prices plummet to 4yr low to 70$ per barrel.

How this affects bitcoin?

Russia is already facing heavy sanctions by the western world for invading Ukraine and hence these sanctions are making credit agencies to downgrade ratings for Russia and hence both credit and Russian money is fleeing away from Russia for past few months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnU2oBAszYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rHwmgg5pMk

While this has affected Russian economy there is even more,  much of the National budget and social schemes of Russia was planned on the hope that oil will always stay above 90$..but today with 70$ its sad day for Russia

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nm261/russians_fleeing_the_ruble_for_btc_localbitcoins/

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/localbtcRUB#igWeeklyzm1g10zm2g25zvzcv

TLDR: Russia isn't Cyprus! But what is happening seems to lead the country in that path! and if it happens in the same way then moon is just a blip in the trajectory.

http://unenumerated.blogspot.ca/2008/06/commodity-hysteria-overview.html?m=1

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Vessko

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:31:03 PM

They also banned homosexuality.  That didn't work either.

No, they didn't ban homosexuality. They banned advertising homosexuality to minors. And it has worked very well - you can't advertise homosexuality to minors there without running the risk of being arrested.

The same can happen to Bitcoin. While they won't be able to stop everyone from using it there (heck, they can't even close down their own dark market for illegal drugs), they are perfectly capable of reducing it to a niche market used only by criminals and without real importance.

Anyway, time will tell. Maybe Putin will wise up and open his country to the free initiative. (Fat chance.)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:31:55 PM

While this has affected Russian economy there is even more,  much of the National budget and social schemes of Russia was planned on the hope that oil will always stay above 90$..but today with 70$ its sad day for Russiav

The effect of the falling oil prices are offset to Russia, to a large degree, by the falling rouble. Since Russian oil companies account for their profits in roubles (and also their costs are mostly in roubles as well), they haven't been affected all that much.

Conversely, the falling oil prices are much more damaging for the US shale oil companies. Their costs are rather high and they need a much higher oil price just to break even. The fact that the US dollar is raising is a double whammy for them.

LOL. Yeah, good luck with that.

So how does this affect the US nation? This shale is just new business and maybe could cut profits for few US companies, but on the other hand for russia the falling oil prices wil have severe impact on the social security bills and deficits, which putin will have to transfer upon wealthy oil and other oligarchs so that the streets does not start to riot!
Vessko

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

So how does this affect the US nation?

Too early to tell. For now, the only observable effect is that US oil production has increased for the first time in decades.

My personal opinion (warning, I'm not an expert in oil production or economics but I am an "informed amateur" in economics) is that this whole fraking/shale oil thing is a scam (or a fad, if you prefer). Production costs are very high, the companies involved take on huge debts, and the output starts falling precipitously in just a couple of years. In the long run, it probably won't matter. The cheap oil is gone. We must either become more efficient or discover a new, more economical energy source.

for russia the falling oil prices wil have severe impact on the social security bills and deficits

Nor really, because of the falling rouble and also because Russia is starting to do more business with China and other Asian countries using currency swaps and avoiding the dollar altogether. It will have impact only on the Russian income from oil in US dollars and on Russian businesses who incur costs in US dollars. I don't have sufficient data to determine how significant those are but I rather doubt that they are as significant as you seem to think. Besides, Russia is perfectly capable of being self-sufficient. For now, Putin seems to be more concerned of the reaction of the hard-liners who accuse him of not taking more "decisive" steps toward Ukraine than of the reaction of those oligarchs who would be negatively affected by a falling oil price (when measured in US dollars).

We'll see.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

What's weird is I saw recent article citing unprecedented demand for corn ethanol, for E10 and that made me WAT??? pretty hard, given apparent low demand for the oil part of that equation.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:46:36 AM

What's weird is I saw recent article citing unprecedented demand for corn ethanol, for E10 and that made me WAT??? pretty hard, given apparent low demand for the oil part of that equation.

That's a good point. I work directly in the transportation of oil into the Gulf of Mexico and it's ports. Oil production is slow right now, not due to scarcity, but they actually have ALOT of production just shut down. The supply boats for the rigs are tied up in port, rigs only have skeleton crews onboard(watching generators, doing maintenance, etc...) I've been told in the spring they should start producing again?Huh It's very strange in the oilfield right now......

Note: I don't know how much the world knows about what's going on with LNG right now, but since 2004 enormous seemingly hidden, not talked about LNG ship docks and plants have been being built in the Gulf of Mexic(6 that I've personally seen steaming into ports and more do exist that I have not seen).....a big change is about to happen, and it's going to be LNG. From what I've seen from these massive plants, it may be a real game changer. The only thing publicly I have seen about it is Shell making motor oil from it and some new ships are being built to run off it.

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:20:02 AM

Note: I don't know how much the world knows about what's going on with LNG right now, but since 2004 enormous seemingly hidden, not talked about LNG ship docks and plants have been being built in the Gulf of Mexic(6 that I've personally seen steaming into ports and more do exist that I have not seen).....a big change is about to happen, and it's going to be LNG. From what I've seen from these massive plants, it may be a real game changer. The only thing publicly I have seen about it is Shell making motor oil from it and some new ships are being built to run off it.

Yeah the Panama canal is meant to be enlarged to take LNG tankers so they can sell it to China, it's been held up about a year though.

Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:21:14 AM

Yeah the Panama canal is meant to be enlarged to take LNG tankers so they can sell it to China, it's been held up about a year though.

Looks like we are putting 2+2 together.....it seems like it's all about getting our steal, gold and now LNG to China.

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:32:35 AM

Gotta pay for all that Walmart crap somehow.

LNG through Panama plans ... http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Panama-Canal-Expansion-to-Grow-LNG-Trade.html
Delays.. http://www.energyglobal.com/news/processing/articles/Panama_Canal_delays_will_affect_LNG_and_coal_trade.aspx#.VHlMAGewXwo

Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:34:32 AM

Blasted to all ISIS cruel deeds, but on the other hand it brings a positive influence. when world oil prices fell automated purchasing power is getting better. and hopefully can improve the lives of the poor
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: