Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ridiculous  (Read 2067 times)
punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 01:36:23 AM

OMG! The forum IS Satoshi Shocked
Since we're being ridiculous..

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 03:28:33 AM

I'd vow never to donate as well, but I seem to recall seeing that Mt Gox owns these forums?  If that's true, I've already donated plenty over the past year.
Yeah, they sort of do. Your trades on MtGox pay for this site's hosting, maintaining this site. The donations, however, go toward getting us new software, which can improve the site.

David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:11:48 AM

Just wasted 15 minutes trying to figure out why I can't post or reply (except here, which I just found out).
I will never donate to this site as it cost me 15 minutes of my life before I even started using it!

RTFM bro.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 10:05:30 AM

You're lucky or smarter hehe, it took me weeks

Besides being defensive and criticizing the OP for something most of us do all the time (skipping long texts when browsing), I think we can learn something here.

It's that the forum could be made more user-friendly by addressing this issue that is sure to be slowing down it's growth.

For example the post button could be made available for the newbies on all forums, but when clicked it would show a message explaining why he is not yet allowed to post there, just my 2 cents.
ludo0777

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 05:57:57 PM

It clearly explains this in many places.
BasementMiner!

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:34:08 PM

Learn to read.

Thanks for the advice, I will gladly take 20 minutes of my life to read every EULA, TOS, AUP and Privacy Policy I encounter.
dellech

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 10:53:09 PM

this forum is full of useful information - I got much out of it without being able to post ...
the restriction after deciding to join is a minor nuisance at worst

I enjoyed every minute reading
local_hero

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:34:28 AM

this forum is full of useful information - I got much out of it without being able to post ...
the restriction after deciding to join is a minor nuisance at worst

I enjoyed every minute reading

Yep, plus i like the atmosphere here which is being created by those restrictions. So not every dickhead can just register and post annoying shit Cheesy
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:57:52 AM

It's that the forum could be made more user-friendly by addressing this issue that is sure to be slowing down it's growth.

For example the post button could be made available for the newbies on all forums, but when clicked it would show a message explaining why he is not yet allowed to post there, just my 2 cents.

Never works. You can put all the info on front of everyones eyes and there's always someone who will not see it.
In a forum I run I have overly complicated password requirements: Mixed case chars, numbers and symbols must be used in addition to it being longer than 10 chars. It's written in bold red on a black background below the password fields on the registration form and the error that pops up when people fail the password requirements says the exact same thing.
Result: Every day I get emails of people complaining that they can't register for some reason they can't quite figure out... Incredible, isn't it? Should I use flashing neons?
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:57:51 AM

Send a 100 watt pulse into their hand through the mouse if they don't follow the rules.

Gentle persuasion to RTFM.
Acrid

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:23:40 AM

Never works. You can put all the info on front of everyones eyes and there's always someone who will not see it.
In a forum I run I have overly complicated password requirements: Mixed case chars, numbers and symbols must be used in addition to it being longer than 10 chars. It's written in bold red on a black background below the password fields on the registration form and the error that pops up when people fail the password requirements says the exact same thing.
Result: Every day I get emails of people complaining that they can't register for some reason they can't quite figure out... Incredible, isn't it? Should I use flashing neons?
Gotta love the internet, right? Filled to the brim with geniuses, I swear.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 03:53:34 AM

Learn to read.

Thanks for the advice, I will gladly take 20 minutes of my life to read every EULA, TOS, AUP and Privacy Policy I encounter.
All I ask is that you read one damn check box that you have to actually check to register! It's ONLY ONE sentence!  It could have said "I'm a lazy, illiterate fuckwit. Never ever let me post." and it seems like some people here would still have checked it.

You don't need to spend 20 minutes. Just have a small amount of awareness of what you are clicking.

suigeneris

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:54:53 AM

Thanks for wasting everyone else's time telling us about it.
Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:03:07 AM

Learn to read.

All I ask is that you read one damn check box that you have to actually check to register! It's ONLY ONE sentence!  It could have said "I'm a lazy, illiterate fuckwit. Never ever let me post." and it seems like some people here would still have checked it.

You don't need to spend 20 minutes. Just have a small amount of awareness of what you are clicking.

That's not a bad idea. Have an additional checkbox saying "I understand that I will never be able to post from this account. (Uncheck this to be able to post)" that you have to uncheck, otherwise when you try to post, it won't let you.

EDIT: Or have it unchecked originally, and you have to leave it unchecked to be able to post.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:08:38 AM

See you in the lending section in a few hours!

I lol'ed

I seem to recall seeing that Mt Gox owns these forums?

Satoshi started this forum, and it has been speculated that Satoshi started/owns MtGox as well. Satoshi is not running this forum anymore, Theymos is, and MtGox most certainly does not own it.

MtGox doesn't own the forums but the forums and their databases are hosted on MtGox owned (Tibanne) servers so theoretically Mark himself could read every PM if he wanted to.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: