Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auroracoin incredible scam exposed  (Read 6772 times)
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:25:54 AM

Ah lol aurora is still here. I found an old pm I got im march on btc-e  Grin 

I guess it was to be clear for an half year ago that aurora is a scam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:47:50 PM

Please it's not like I didn't tell people *EXACTLY* this 9 months ago when it launched.

~BCX~

Auroracoin is a scam and here is why  March 08, 2014

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545475.0

Auroracoin Scam March 29th

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545475.msg5955259#msg5955259

hehe. BCX knew it back then.

I knew it fifteen minutes from when I started looking into it, the week it was announced.  Fifteen minutes to contact an acquaintance in Iceland.  "Any merchants been contacted?  Heard anything?"  "Nope!"  "*sigh*"  Done back-asswards for a reason, why?  Why the hurry?  Why the strict adherence to unreasonable deadlines??  Why not wait, sus things out, TALK TO THE LOCALS, and Get It Right!!!

Auroracoin = Springtime for Hitler
Built to fail

Now... I hope all this isn't lost on you Urocoin disciples.

In chaos lies opportunity.
forlackofabettername (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:05:55 PM

this received couple of airdrops today:
ALTDfdRoDeAcczUgkG7cbpFZkHN74VfE3d

sends it on to AXuwBHwM44NZ2cuYqB3a3hWk8XVC4zo4n2

i think i have not seen a single legitimate claim of an airdrop today. Everything goes to the same 10 to 15 adresses of which 13 send on to the other two.

all airdrops of today more or less are linked to

AXuwBHwM44NZ2cuYqB3a3hWk8XVC4zo4n2

and

AYEkRf9fNbLVkCTjHBpKHZD1X578TaYK6g

the wallets receiving premine today and not linked to these two adresses yet, will be linked to them within 72 hours.

these two adresses claim airdrops and receive same time airdrops from other adresses which claim on the same blocks even. So pretty much every claim of an airdrop you saw yesterday and today (and will keep seeing) will end up in one of the two adresses above.

Auroracoin airdrop is predictable. This is a huge bust.

the two adresses shown above link even to each other:

txid:
26b7626bbbbdcee4d60af6d5521bd4bfc4778c8dc708ea4e151d1baab525bbf0

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/tx.dws?308535.htm

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:47:59 PM

GES is a real company with a history older than Bitcoin itself, the dev paid thousands of dollars out of his own pocket to fly supporters to Hong Kong, how this can compare to an anonymous dev with an enormous premine is beyond me.
sl@ppy

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:19:35 PM

Being how this industry is only a few years old, people need to calm down. Pick and choose. Any new currency is at the mercy of those who prey. As a US citizen, I understand that my government, just like most strong governments, tries to ruin the currency of our enemies. 'Scams' and whatnot are all part of the deal
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 10:59:07 PM

GES is a real company with a history older than Bitcoin itself, the dev paid thousands of dollars out of his own pocket to fly supporters to Hong Kong, how this can compare to an anonymous dev with an enormous premine is beyond me.

"how this can compare to an anonymous dev with an enormous premine is beyond me. "

I agree.
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:37:19 AM

the auroracoin website from which people claim the airdrop did expire and could not be reached. Nobody should have been able to claim coins while the website was down.
But the airdrop did still continue regardless and could be observed on the blockexplorer.

So what more prove is needed?

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:23:23 AM

Every single indicator of a scam that is now beyond any deniability was readily apparent upon launch.

The first clue was the refusal of Balduro and the AUR Dev Team to allow any third party monitoring or control over the premine. The claim was "no one could be trusted with that large of a sum of coins". He refused even after several people offered to prove well established real life identities backed by years of real life trust to oversee the premine and airdrop.

The second huge red flag was unwillingness to publicly identify himself or any member of his team. His claims that Iceland Government would have him killed.

The third major red flag was that the "Airdrop" itself was a "Logistics Impossibility"

There were many other huge redflags ignored by the hysteria of $95.00 Auroracoins.

The truth of the matter is,

Auroracoin was not the first and definitely will not be the last scam pulled on the masses via altcoins.

~BCX~
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:52:35 AM

For a moment I thought somebody had bumped a thread from March / April but this was created in November?   Huh  

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:12:20 AM

bump for the aurora pump  Wink

-- Nassim Taleb
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:29:14 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 02:44:24 PM by solid12345

I think BCX owes Balduro an apology, the man delivered on his word to burn the premine

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/address.dws?381028.htm

http://www.reddit.com/r/auroracoin/comments/33iogi/aurburnaurburnaurburnaurburn7es4rs_balduro_a_man/cqmea0y
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:11:13 PM

He burned the remaining premine after getting caught laundering it. Likely he still holds 70%+ of the coin. The evidence here in the thread shows he laundered millions of coins to himself. Again: he burned the remaining premine, not the premine that was already distributed (mainly to himself).
The adresses shown here in the thread almost all still contain coins which most likely are under his control.
Nothing was burned besides the undistributed premine. Doesn't change the fact that he for almost a year mainly claimed the premine himself trying to give the impression it was the people of iceland.

not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:03:13 PM

even wikipedia says it's a scam:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auroracoin

"It is widely regarded as a scam coin."

Who ever looses money on it deserves to do so because they didn't do their due dilligence.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:25:57 PM

http://digiconomist.net/dogeconomics/auroracoin-exposed/

-- Nassim Taleb
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:50:06 PM

Who ever looses money on it deserves to do so because they didn't do their due dilligence.

I noticed its gone up 21.95% today and had $4,356 worth of business. I'm surprised people are still buying it.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:27:04 AM

Check on aurora thread what has been dug up.

Balduro is giving himself millions in premine because he is doing the airdrop without supervision on trust-basis (lmao)

Read that thread. Last 6 to 8 pages.

Blockchain evidence has been uncovered

He wanted to ripp all iceland off their money! Rippoff a whole nation!

Imagine him holding 40% or more (he is likely holding up to 85%) of the coins pretending they were airdropped when in reality he moved them inside the chain between adresses to make the impression as if but still controls them privately to dump them later on speculators and the icelandic public.
HUGE SCAM!

This is the biggest scam that has ever happened in altcoins!

The media is going to be all over it. It'll damage all of crypto investements - even Bitcoin! Auroracoin needs to be shut down ASAP!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446062.4600

If you think the devs are really scammers.  Please post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044229.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Eggert

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:34:22 PM

I noticed its gone up 21.95% today and had $4,356 worth of business. I'm surprised people are still buying it.

I am from Iceland and this is a big scam, very well orchestrated to make the developer look innocent. Keep up the good work to warn people, they have a couple people pumping the coin to give it attention as they going to release code and with only a few coins in circulation they can inflate the price.

If these people truly cared about crypto currencies they would of started a new coin for Iceland which is fair and transparent, now they try to be transparent with full bags.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:22:50 PM

According to one or the articles last year it says

can be observed that between one and a half and two percent of all available Auroracoin Airdrop coins have likely been fraudulently acquired so far.

Can we get an actual tally on how many coins are supposedly fraudulent? Because I'd argue if it is really only 1-2% that is actually a pretty low amount, I'm sure the Dash, Monero and SDC devs hold a much greater percentage of their own coin than 1-2% for instance.

Even it the dev had questionable intentions, I think a community takeover can stomach 2% of coins being dumped on the market and that is much preferable to just starting from scratch. If Balduro gets his small cut, so be it, he still came up with the idea and 2% is not exactly an unfair amount for a dev to hold.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:42:27 PM

can be observed that between one and a half and two percent of all available Auroracoin Airdrop coins have likely been fraudulently acquired so far.

Can we get an actual tally on how many coins are supposedly fraudulent? Because I'd argue if it is really only 1-2% that is actually a pretty low amount, I'm sure the Dash, Monero and SDC devs hold a much greater percentage of their own coin than 1-2% for instance.

Even it the dev had questionable intentions, I think a community takeover can stomach 2% of coins being dumped on the market and that is much preferable to just starting from scratch. If Balduro gets his small cut, so be it, he still came up with the idea and 2% is not exactly an unfair amount for a dev to hold.

2%? More like 60%+

Take a good look at the blockchain.

apcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:16:17 AM

2%? More like 60%+

Take a good look at the blockchain.
I did, where is the 60%+ hidden?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: