Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phishing attempts posing as Zoomhash and bitmaintech  (Read 1126 times)
Zoomhash_michael (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:56:35 AM

Please see here from reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nq7fg/caution_new_phishing_attack_targeting_bitcoiners/

I received an innocent email asking me to view a google doc.

Imgur

I click it.

It asks me to enter my gmail password. I thought strange, it usually never does that. I try entering a fake password to see if it would recognize it as fake. And it does recognize it as fake.

So I entered my real password and 2- Factor Authentication.

Later I realized that someone is trying to login to my exchange accounts as I started receiving 2 factor requests for those.

And I thought o shiz!

Went to work on damage control

Changed all my email passwords.

Oh, and this hacker is freaking smart. He created filters for my gmail so that any email alerts from ghash.io etc.. etc.. gets deleted without my seeing it.

Not only that he replied to some of my friends with USA english slang.

Anyways he has this site as the phishing site with a https cert valid.

www.auth cl.com if you click it now it just redirects you to www.zoho.com.

It needs a custom url from the hacker to see the phishing site.

And this hacker tried to phish me for my two factor codes via SMS too. But luckly I was awake enough to not give that up.

Careful!

TLDR: https://w ww.aut hcl.com is a phishing site. They will send perfect looking google docs to you to open and ask you to login to view. Once you login, they will find an IP address close to your location so that it does not trigger a gmail suspicious login alert.

Crafty fu*ks

EDIT: It looks like they are phishing with zoomhash emails as well: Imgur
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:24:47 AM

Quote from: ntsdm
Total Gross Amount: 0.01402671 Bitcoin
Total Maintenance Fees: 0.01402671
Lol Roll Eyes

Life sucks.
Zoomhash_michael (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:31:34 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 08:03:54 AM by Zoomhash_michael

anyone that would like to review her account please use teamviewer
 partner id=    913768907
password is=    123456789

thank you.

As I copied and pasted to his 10+ other threads that he spammed on the forums:

Well, I am back after not posting for a while.

Anyways our cloud service is real and not a ponzi. We can not increase payouts just because we wanted to.

We stopped selling virtual miners about 2 months ago.

At the time when we sold these miners 4~6 months ago, they were the best deal on the market.

Unfortunately, these miners decrease in value when LTC is at sub $3 and BTC is at ~$315....

We even dropped the price of maintenance fee. The payouts are correct according to the www.clevermining.com. The maintenance fees are paid in BTC at a rate locked in Fiat as agreed upon when you bought the virtual miner.

When BTC drops the maintenance fee eats up a bigger portion of your payout. The maintenance fees are actually more than the payouts right now with the crappy markets so instead of the balance going negative we just cancel out the payout. We never promised anything in regards to how much coin you would earn. No one can and you can not expect us to.

The only thing we promised was:

1. Speed of the virtual miner
2. Term of the virtual miner
3. Uptime of the virtual miner
4. Maintenance Fees

This is like buying Bitcoin from coinbase at $1000 last year and then calling coinbase a scammer because bitcoin is at ~$315 right now.

or

We delivered everything that we promised to do.

EDIT: Clarification points.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: