Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain working?  (Read 1432 times)
Samix (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:41:20 AM

bc still working !?! its loading very slowly sometimes it says check your connection but my connection is good ?

help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:08:46 AM

Are you talking about blockchain.info? If not, which wallet software are you talking about?

(I see no problems with bc.i or bitcoin core at my end)

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Samix (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:16:17 AM

Are you talking about blockchain.info? If not, which wallet software are you talking about?

no somtimes it dont work loads very slowly

bc=blockchain !
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:41:54 AM

Assuming your using bitcoin core then. You are probably connected to a slow peer.

[...] If you think that one is slow, close Core, delete peers.dat in the data directory and try anew. Or if you know a fast node you can use the connect= command. For example 84.200.34.113:8333. [...]

Edit: It also depends on your hardware's capabilities how long it will take to validate the block chain.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:26:25 PM

bc=blockchain !

If you just say "blockchain" people don't know if you are talking about the blockchain or blockchain.info

bc=blockchain
OR
bc=Bitcoin Core
OR
bc.i=blockchain.info

The blockchain can load slowly if you are doing an initial sync, just like if you are talking about blockchain.info, its web site can also load slowly depending upon your connection and the load on their server and their connection.

KIRAZ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:45:43 PM

blockchain.info The web wallet provider & Explorer is working just fine. It's just your connection that's all. If you say bc
it can mean 'the blockchain' ledger next time use blockchain.info. If you just wanna check/see any transaction id or balance
you can look it up on other block explorers too like btc.blockr.io there are many.
Samix (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:53:14 PM

bc=blockchain !

If you just say "blockchain" people don't know if you are talking about the blockchain or blockchain.info

bc=blockchain
OR
bc=Bitcoin Core
OR
bc.i=blockchain.info

The blockchain can load slowly if you are doing an initial sync, just like if you are talking about blockchain.info, its web site can also load slowly depending upon your connection and the load on their server and their connection.

i said Blockchain./
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4612

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:17:20 PM

bc=blockchain
OR
bc=Bitcoin Core
OR
bc.i=blockchain.info

i said Blockchain./

The blockchain isn't something that "works".  The blockchain is just data.  It is the confirmed list of every transaction that has every occurred in bitcoin.

Every full node running the Bitcoin Core wallet has a full copy of the blockchain.  If your Bitcoin Core wallet is loading slowly, it is not because of the blockchain.  It might be a problem on your computer, it might be that the blockchain on your computer is damaged, or you might just be connected to a slow peer that isn't able to send the blockchain to your Bitcoin Core wallet very fast.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:52:04 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 07:11:53 PM by cr1776

bc=blockchain !

bc=blockchain
OR
bc=Bitcoin Core
OR
bc.i=blockchain.info

i said Blockchain./

The blockchain is just data so it doesn't "work" or "not work".   In the case you seem to think that the "blockchain" isn't working, I would suggest you check your computer and check what software you are using.  If it is Bitcoin Core that you are using to access the blockchain data, then you should check your connection.  

As I mentioned above, if this is Bitcoin Core are you sync-ing for the first time?  Trying to send a transaction or something else?   Also, what OS, how much memory etc.

If this is some other software, please let us know what software etc.  If you want help, it is best to provide good information instead of making people try to pull teeth to get it.

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:55:37 PM

Its working fine on my side without any issue and errors. Can you tell me what problem you are facing with blockchain?

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Samix (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 10:32:43 AM

bc=blockchain !

bc=blockchain
OR
bc=Bitcoin Core
OR
bc.i=blockchain.info

i said Blockchain./

The blockchain is just data so it doesn't "work" or "not work".   In the case you seem to think that the "blockchain" isn't working, I would suggest you check your computer and check what software you are using.  If it is Bitcoin Core that you are using to access the blockchain data, then you should check your connection.  

As I mentioned above, if this is Bitcoin Core are you sync-ing for the first time?  Trying to send a transaction or something else?   Also, what OS, how much memory etc.

If this is some other software, please let us know what software etc.  If you want help, it is best to provide good information instead of making people try to pull teeth to get it.

core i3 3.0 ghz
8gb memory
1tb Rom
R9 280x
4MBPS connection !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: