Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for ISP Services for BTC.  (Read 801 times)
hydroparadise (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:30:30 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 04:40:38 PM by hydroparadise

Anybody know of any companies willing to offer internet services (with static IP) for some BTC?  Needs to be at least better than 256K UP/Down. Am I asking too early for the US?   Grin
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:08:33 PM

There is no such service for broadband at least, the simple reason is that broadband Internet services requires full identifications, valid address and what's not and it makes people liable by law....

Or maybe I missed your point, you are asking someone to share his Internet connection for your use?

What I might suggest is, if you want your private Internet One of these two things :

Get an anonymous phone rechargeable chip with Internet connectivity over 3g or 4g
Or, if they offer international services, satellite Internet
I believe both can be provided anonymously in some countries.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:15:58 PM

There is no such service for broadband at least, the simple reason is that broadband Internet services requires full identifications, valid address and what's not and it makes people liable by law....

That might not be the true reason for it. People could still give their details, and make the payment with bitcoins instead of using a card and doing all the time consuming steps.

Anybody know of any companies willing to offer internet services (with static IP) for some BTC?  Needs to be at least better than 256K UP/Down. Am I asking too early for the US?   Grin

I don't think any ISP provider accepts bitcoin as a payment. I doubt, there will be any accepting soon.

kuroman

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:04:51 PM

That might not be the true reason for it. People could still give their details, and make the payment with bitcoins instead of using a card and doing all the time consuming steps.

I believe the whole point of him paying in bitcoin is for anonymity
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

I don't think any ISP provider accepts bitcoin as a payment. I doubt, there will be any accepting soon.
The major ones do not currently. Even if one did start accepting bitcoin you wouldn't be able to sign up unless they serve the area that you live (or wish to connect from).

Plus the trend seems to be (at least in the US) is that companies like google are providing free internet access to people in certain cities.

It has been for a long time that you can buy VPN (and VPS) access with bitcoin from a large number of providers
Magic Of Nigeria

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

You are asking much too early. If anything just use a service like OgNasty's and get cash in hand via post. Bitcoin can't use it's advantages in an area like this, it's not really good for much.

Possibly in the distant future I may see a company opening up and accepting payment via cryptos but definitely not now.

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:46:11 AM

I believe the whole point of him paying in bitcoin is for anonymity

No. I use Bitcoin at trusted locations with identifying details. Bitcoin is simply more convenient for me since I have more ready access to it than fiat on a plastic card. I'd love it, however, if I could pay for internet service with Bitcoin, for this exact reason.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: