Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just started multiminer what do i put under worker name  (Read 2666 times)
Sharkiteuthis (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:02:42 AM

still brand new here...just setup multiminer and im using a pool called bitcoin affiliate network

On my multiminer it has spot for worker name and i put my screen name.  on the BAN website it has an area for me to "configure workers'' and add a suffix.  do i need to do this?  Or is it going to automatically go into my account? 

Also it's my understanding that the flow is as follows:

1. mining is math
2. miners do math
3. i get a percent of the work my miners do in bitcoins
4. bitcoins go to my wallet
5. i take over the world
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:45:58 AM

still brand new here...just setup multiminer and im using a pool called bitcoin affiliate network

On my multiminer it has spot for worker name and i put my screen name.  on the BAN website it has an area for me to "configure workers'' and add a suffix.  do i need to do this?  Or is it going to automatically go into my account? 

Also it's my understanding that the flow is as follows:

1. mining is math
2. miners do math
5. i take over the world

Most pools have a Getting Started page that includes the pool information and worker instructions. For Bitcoins Affiliate Network this is located here:

https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

That page includes a link to the Workers page where you can configure your workers:

https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/index.php?page=account&action=workers

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:03:24 PM

1. mining is math
2. miners do math
5. i take over the world

labelling workers is mostly usefull if you operate a dozen and have to locate a distinctive one, due to performance issues popping up.

if you plan to take over the world, you should really start writing in uppercases. not such a small mousey-ish "i take.." try "I" at least and add more bang to "THE WORLD!!"

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:18:46 AM

did your confusion solved, meanwhiles? we need more FAQ sections, especially for the myriad of mining pools and their setup.

Sharkiteuthis (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:17:13 AM

These are damn near impossible to setup unless you have programming or hardware experience which I do not have. There aren't local us cities on this site either to maybe find someone to show you the ropes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: