I have an idea to build the following website -- a kind of opposite of anonymity concept. It will list people and verified connections between them. Use cases:
- a person has two email addresses, and he would like to expose that they are owned by the same person.
- same thing, for verifying domain ownership
- a person want to publicly make a statement, for example: I permit blog xyz to quote me.
- person A wants to publicly authorize person B to do something on his behalf. A and B could be in fact the same person, but that is not exposed.
The last case is the most general one. There are really two parts to the site. Part A is creating a profile and verifying ownership.
- I can create a profile identified by openid login. Lets call it A.
- I can list under that profile any emails, phones, domain names, blogs that I own, nicknames on forums, and there will be a verification process for each.
- The verification process is standard for emails, and for domains: it will be by whois contact or the way google analytics does it. For blogs, one would have to post a special message with a code.
- As well, a more advanced user would be able to post his PGP, GPG, SSH public key and verify things by digital signing.
The second part of the website is one person making a statement about another person. For example:
- Person A says: Person B is authorized to quote me in his blog.
or, just use Twitter to announce something about B. Suppose A has a verified twitter account @A. Then, in his twitter, he can write:
Tweet: I authorize person B to answer questions about my tour schedule (link to Person-B profile on this verification site)
If you like the idea, add money to the Bounty Jar in order to implement it:
Bounty Jar: https://booster.io/tipjar/0C8KM58