Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Spinner App Update – With BitInstant Integration!  (Read 5390 times)
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 04:23:16 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2012, 04:35:23 PM by blueadept

I've put BitcoinSpinner on my brother's, girlfriend's, her brother's and his wife's phones and gave them all some bitcoins. After this spike yesterday, they're asking me how to buy more bitcoins.

Now I have something to tell them that doesn't involve using a computer before going to the store!

This is very welcome news!

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frograven

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 05:24:23 AM

some feedback:
when I click the "buy bitcoins" option it sends me to the bitinstant site and prompts me for how many USD I want to get - I put in 10 (for example)and hit "go" - and I get "500 server error".
I guess this is as I'm in an area not supported by bitinstant (Australia), a message rather than an error code could be handy here.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 07:01:16 AM

some feedback:
when I click the "buy bitcoins" option it sends me to the bitinstant site and prompts me for how many USD I want to get - I put in 10 (for example)and hit "go" - and I get "500 server error".
I guess this is as I'm in an area not supported by bitinstant (Australia), a message rather than an error code could be handy here.

Thanks! Will work on getting that fixed

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

Would it be possible for you guys to expose an API and/or a list of deposit locations? It seems like Android developers could do a great job of integrating this with maps, using mobile location, etc, but only if you have some kind of API that exposes your service.

The user experience I have in mind is, I open up an Android wallet (whether it be Spinner, Bitcoin Wallet or whatever), and press a "Buy Bitcoins" button. It then uses my coarse location to show me the 5 nearest deposit locations, tapping one of them brings up a map with driving/transit/walking directions and some instructions for what to do when I get there. It'd automatically send an address to your site, and retrieve the necessary codes to deposit the cash. In this way it'd be slick and integrated.

BTW, any plans to open up this service in Europe?
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 09:13:59 PM

Would it be possible for you guys to expose an API and/or a list of deposit locations? It seems like Android developers could do a great job of integrating this with maps, using mobile location, etc, but only if you have some kind of API that exposes your service.

The user experience I have in mind is, I open up an Android wallet (whether it be Spinner, Bitcoin Wallet or whatever), and press a "Buy Bitcoins" button. It then uses my coarse location to show me the 5 nearest deposit locations, tapping one of them brings up a map with driving/transit/walking directions and some instructions for what to do when I get there. It'd automatically send an address to your site, and retrieve the necessary codes to deposit the cash. In this way it'd be slick and integrated.

BTW, any plans to open up this service in Europe?

Hey,

All API details are here https://www.bitinstant.com/api, however it is not fully updated.

I recomend you get in touch with us and one of our developers will walk you thru the simple setup and have your app running in days! We're already integrating with 2 more Android apps!

Also, yes Europe is next on the list. In fact, Im having dinner with a banker this evening!

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:58:20 AM

Good luck! Smiley
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 04:24:43 AM

Update!

If you're in the US, our mobile deposit page will automatically request your location via GPS and save you having to type your ZIP code
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:28:32 AM

Update!

ZipZap support now live and something else is on the way
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 05:29:07 PM

Also, yes Europe is next on the list. In fact, Im having dinner with a banker this evening!

mmm, a glass of chianti with defaulted client brain for main course and a sweet young pussy for dessert

Hope you kept your pants on! ;-)

(ZipZap is a bit like uKash btw)

Great to see this, definitely the best Bitcoin experience in the US

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:21:06 AM

Can Bitcoin Spinner be updated with the following features?

1. check out localbitcoins.com and they can estimate the USD value of your bitcoins in several ways. Last Price, Weighted Average, or something. I'd personally like to use the weighted average. Make an option for that.

2. localbitcoins uses openexchangerates.com to estimate the USD to 150+ country currencies. I'd like to chose more than the dozen or so currency options. It is still an estimate after all, but a lot of people will probably use those. I'm in the Philippines so PHP is basically compared to the USD.

I'd also like this feature on all the other bitcoin software stuff, but that depends on each program already.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: