Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK trader looking to buy BTC. Many payment options available!  (Read 1856 times)
cashtraderuk (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:27:36 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 11:02:33 PM by cashtraderuk

First thing please only contact me if you are a Full member or above!

I'm new to bitcoin trading and obviously to this site. I'm looking to build my reputation up and would like to purchase some BTC via PP something to be discovered at the end of this thread!

I understand that it takes time to build trust so only looking to but very small amounts of BTC at first of $10 or less whatever you are happy to do. I will pay bitstamp +2%.

If you PM me I can provide what I consider to be reasonable assurances/proof that I'm not a scammer.

This should help to put you at ease that we can trade safely and hopefully build a good trading relationship with time.

All good things start somewhere!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

cashtraderuk
Falcon98

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:48:28 PM

I can personally confirm this user is not a scammer. He bought BTC from me yesterday with ppusd.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 07:15:35 AM

I can personally confirm this user is not a scammer. He bought BTC from me yesterday with ppusd.

The transaction was just yesterday and you came to this conclusion? It's like you never heard of paypal reversal or something.

Falcon98

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:13:27 AM

The transaction was just yesterday and you came to this conclusion? It's like you never heard of paypal reversal or something.

Tell me, do you think it's worth all the hassle to get back $5? anyways I wanted more but I could just buy $5 ppusd from him so I had to ask someone else after that. But if you still think he is a scammer. go ahead, PM him for proof. Not many scammers have that.
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 09:03:01 AM

Tell me, do you think it's worth all the hassle to get back $5? anyways I wanted more but I could just buy $5 ppusd from him so I had to ask someone else after that. But if you still think he is a scammer. go ahead, PM him for proof. Not many scammers have that.

I never accused him of being a scammer, since that hasn't happened yet. But I sure as hell won't be trusting someone who registered a few days ago, few post, and paying with paypal. I could care less about his promises of legit transactions. I mean, what kind of scammer will admit they're a scammer before it happens?

The real purpose of my previous post was to point out that you deemed it perfectly safe after one day of non-reversal.

Falcon98

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:33:25 AM

I never accused him of being a scammer, since that hasn't happened yet. But I sure as hell won't be trusting someone who registered a few days ago, few post, and paying with paypal. I could care less about his promises of legit transactions. I mean, what kind of scammer will admit they're a scammer before it happens?

The real purpose of my previous post was to point out that you deemed it perfectly safe after one day of non-reversal.

Yes. And I'm not saying it's 100% safe to trade with him. But I just wanted to tell that he has my trust because he have proved himself trustworthy. 25 to 150 btc trade volume And 100+ trades on localbtc.  To prove that it was him, he sent me a mail from the email adress on his localbtc profile.

Sorry my english :p
cashtraderuk (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:26:58 PM

To be fair to falcon98 he did not just give me support on the basis of our 1 day old transaction.

He was as sceptical as anyone should be when it comes to PP trades, but I was willing to go to that extra mile to prove I'm legit and so the risk for him was greatly reduced.

We all have to start somewhere and as mentioned previously most scammers are not interested or in a position to prove themselves legit if you push them hard enough.

Maybe you will consider a small trade with me and take that plunge also? Smiley

cashtraderuk (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

Although I can definitely see why people are so distrusting.

I've had loads of newbies PM me with all sorts of magical offers.

I've asked them to prove themselves legit to me and get no response which is a little concerning Wink

Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:05:44 PM

I will pay bitstamp +2%.

I really doubt that you'll receive a legit offer with that expected pricing.
Not many legit traders take PayPal, I'm one of the few. Honestly you should be expecting to pay 15% above market rate.
One legit sites where you can get this trade done: virwox.com
Probably will cost you more than 15% end to end.
Just my 2c.
Good luck.
C.
shipitbuddy

Activity: 140

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:15:22 PM

For a beginner, you sure do know a lot.
Small transactions via stolen funds can amount to a lot if you keep at it.

I suspect you are an alt of a known scammer here.
I'll find out more with your response to this.

As mentioned if you PM me I'm happy to provide proof that I'm no scammer.

I'm pretty sure a scammer wouldn't be in a position to do that.

I'm new to bitcoins, but have been trading eBay, Amazon and other stuff for many years so reasonably experienced with payment systems.

I'm trying to build my reputation with pp as I'm based in the UK and most sellers are overseas and this is a best and cheapest method for me Smiley

If you live in the UK then there are many ways I can make the payment with you if you wanted including cash deposits to your bank account.

Hey , if ur based on the UK the best option that has no reversible option would be www.neteller.com try it, if your looking to build up reputation to start doing business PAYPAL is NOT an OPTION.  After you got that reputation I'm sure there will be no issues, but try it doing Neteller. Otherwise I suggest to other traders to stay away from someone new using Paypal. Best luck on your trades.

Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:31:01 PM

By the way Neteller has just introduced 2FA to tighten security. Something unheard of in PayPal and Skrill as far as I know.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

Not interested in using Paypal, but if your looking for bitcoin I would be happy to sell with Western Union.  Obviously I have a very high reputation so you shouldn't worry about going first (although I am happy to use escrow if you pay fees and we agree on escrower).  I will also need bitstamp + 7% for this to work and you have to pay Western Union fees.  Please let me know if your interested...

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 09:57:43 PM

Yes. And I'm not saying it's 100% safe to trade with him. But I just wanted to tell that he has my trust because he have proved himself trustworthy. 25 to 150 btc trade volume And 100+ trades on localbtc.  To prove that it was him, he sent me a mail from the email adress on his localbtc profile.

Sorry my english :p

He has your trust because he traded a puny amount of $5 and didn't reverse it after 1 day? His LBC account is 3 weeks old, and volume of 25-150 btc, which is hardly anything. I've personally been scammed on 4 different occasions since 2013 from different LBC accounts with a trade volume of 25-150, so since then I learned the hard way that these types of profile doesn't mean much. If you look on LBC forum, then are dozens of these types of profiles that are quickly built up for a scam. And here's another prime example:

bl4kjaguar "scammed" over 14btc from several members. His LBC account is pro-trader, more than a year old, with almost 3,000 unique customers. Who'd ever thought he can be dishonest right? Why don't you send him a loan and see what happens.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=124662
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/1aguar/

Now back to my original point. I'm not calling out cashtraderuk as a scammer, but your evidence of why he should be trusted is pretty weak. You actually might screw over some other newb if they see your vouch.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:04:53 PM

why don't you just register on an exchange?
buy your BTC at market rate like the rest of us.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:24:07 PM

He has PM'd me to buy $20 worth of bitcoins over Western Union and we are waiting for the money to clear his bank account.  I will update and leave trust once the trade is over and I have sent the bitcoin.  Still recommend using escrow and not using paypal for any transactions, not because he may or not be a scammer, but because it is smart to protect yourself no matter who your dealing with.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
raskul

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:49:07 PM

fair enough mate. same here really, i use kraken and as is the wont with UK banks, they do like to assist you to pay at every turn.

cashtraderuk (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:54:37 PM

I would just like to state for the record that I know understand offering to pay via PP was silly being a newbie on this site LOL

I withdraw my offer to buy via PP and will look into other options until I'm a more experienced and trusted member.

I've so far bought BTC of people using PP, WU, Bank transfer, SEPA, Pingit, and PAYM.

Can anyone recommend any additional secure methods for paying people in the USA from the UK?
shipitbuddy

Activity: 140

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

I would just like to state for the record that I know understand offering to pay via PP was silly being a newbie on this site LOL

I withdraw my offer to buy via PP and will look into other options until I'm a more experienced and trusted member.

I've so far bought BTC of people using PP, WU, Bank transfer, SEPA, Pingit, and PAYM.

Can anyone recommend any additional secure methods for paying people in the USA from the UK?

Neteller mate , neteller I've already told you so.

raskul

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:46:13 PM

fair enough mate. same here really, i use kraken and as is the wont with UK banks, they do like to assist you to pay at every turn.

I event tried signing up with currencyfair.com and went through the hassle of identity, funding and sending deposit only to get a email from them saying they don't allow transfers to bitstamp and that my transfer had been cancelled.

i got the same with HSBC, flat out refused to send my own money to the kraken bank.
they failed to realise they were not the only bank i use. still - a fee to send, a fee to process, a fee to receive and another fee to do the exchange.

banks are shit scared of bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: