Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Letter To The Digital Currency Community From DigiByte  (Read 5806 times)
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:21:36 PM

DigiByte Ecosystem

First order of business - hire an experienced technical writer/copywriter.
Second order of business - proofread everything. Ten times, if necessary.

No one will take an organization that can't even write or spell seriously.

Third order of business - post details of the investor/investment to show that this is not just another exchange pump ploy. A notarized copy of the investment contract is a good start.
That's a bit overkill. I don't think it's necessary posting such an item online (under any circumstances - it's unheard of). Next we'll be asking for birth certificates and passports posted online.

EyesWideOpen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:44:18 PM

DigiByte Ecosystem

Third order of business - post details of the investor/investment to show that this is not just another exchange pump ploy. A notarized copy of the investment contract is a good start.
That's a bit overkill. I don't think it's necessary posting such an item online (under any circumstances - it's unheard of). Next we'll be asking for birth certificates and passports posted online.
Overkill? Unheard of? You seem to be confusing this with a lemonade stand.

Companies announce details of investments all the time. Some are required by law to do so. In fact, most startups are beyond eager to announce cash investments as it is a great form of validation - what more a fledgling cryptocurrency.

What makes your DigiByte so special that we have to just blindly accept that someone has invested a quarter of a million dollars?
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:16:48 PM

DigiByte Ecosystem

Companies announce details of investments all the time. Some are required by law to do so. In fact, most startups are beyond eager to announce cash investments as it is a great form of validation - what more a fledgling cryptocurrency.

What makes your DigiByte so special that we have to just blindly accept that someone has invested a quarter of a million dollars?

It's not my Digibyte. I just don't think anyone needs to jump through hoops for anyone other than an institutional investor.

And lemonade actually costs a whole lot more than Digibyte so I don't see how that was meant to be a point made.

This is a time of speculation. High risk, high reward. You'll win some, you'll lose some. Go look at BFL. Having a professional-looking presence and making all the right sounds is no guarantee that it's still not a scam. Digibyte seems to have a very long-term plan. One of the few that do.

1,000,000 Digibyte will cost approx $60. To me, that's worth a punt if someone believes in their long term goals. If it all goes south then you're out $60. Not the end of the world.

EyesWideOpen

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:19:16 PM

DigiByte Ecosystem

It's not my Digibyte. I just don't think anyone needs to jump through hoops for anyone other than an institutional investor.

And lemonade actually costs a whole lot more than Digibyte so I don't see how that was meant to be a point made.

This is a time of speculation. High risk, high reward. You'll win some, you'll lose some. Go look at BFL. Having a professional-looking presence and making all the right sounds is no guarantee that it's still not a scam. Digibyte seems to have a very long-term plan. One of the few that do.

1,000,000 Digibyte will cost approx $60. To me, that's worth a punt if someone believes in their long term goals. If it all goes south then you're out $60. Not the end of the world.

You made bold and ridiculous claims that the request was an overkill and unheard of. We both know that's a load of crap.
Now you're trying to argue that it's all speculation, and we should all be okay about losing a small amount of money, clouding the issue while pretending not to understand the lemonade analogy.
Both of your posts are just arguments against Digibyte having to show any proof whatsoever that the investment actually exists.
You sound like bagholder, greedily waiting for some noob to buy your coins.
There are no hoops to jump. Let me just repeat what I originally said.

post details of the investor/investment to show that this is not just another exchange pump ploy. A notarized copy of the investment contract is a good start.

If the investment is legit, it will be a simple matter to prove. Frankly, one would expect it to be shown without asking. If it is a ploy by devs/bagholders to create a buzz and dump their holdings at exchanges, then no evidence will be forthcoming and silly post like yours will inevitably appear.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:37:50 PM

DigiByte Ecosystem

EyesWideOpen,

Can you give us just a couple examples that DigiByte could follow? With links to the postings, legal documents, etc.?

TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 06:36:51 PM

DigiByte Ecosystem

EyesWideOpen,

Can you give us just a couple examples that DigiByte could follow? With links to the postings, legal documents, etc.?

+1 (feeling bruised after being insulted for being part of a conversation)

illodin

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:09:03 PM

If the investment is legit, it will be a simple matter to prove. Frankly, one would expect it to be shown without asking.

How do you prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt so that you and other skeptics wouldn't be here asking follow-up questions?
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 10:13:30 PM

If the investment is legit, it will be a simple matter to prove. Frankly, one would expect it to be shown without asking.

How do you prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt so that you and other skeptics wouldn't be here asking follow-up questions?
Exactly. When proof is provided, it gets rubbished anyways.

EyesWideOpen

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:35:27 AM

DigiByte Ecosystem

EyesWideOpen,

Why? Do you have trouble using Google?
Or if you are involved with Digibyte, the attorney involved in the investment contract can help you with this.
EyesWideOpen

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:41:25 AM

Why are you running away from you comments and piggybacking behind others?
And can you link me to a thread here where "proof is provided, it gets rubbished anyways".
EyesWideOpen

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:42:32 AM

You used the term shadow of a doubt. I didn't. Creating straw man arguments, are we?
I said:

post details of the investor/investment to show that this is not just another exchange pump ploy. A notarized copy of the investment contract is a good start.

Answer any follow up questions. Besides, I can't imagine what else anyone will ask if Digibyte provides credible evidence to support the investment claim.

This is not being skeptical. This is being rational. If I start being skeptical, you will know it.
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 01:21:41 AM

And can you link me to a thread here where "proof is provided, it gets rubbished anyways".
I will link you to the thread (which does exist on this forum) right after you have used google yourself (as was asked) to prove the point you made about it being common practice to disclose full investor information online.

But that's actually irrelevant...

People are making strides in this community. Some people like to rubbish those small steps towards mainstream acceptance. The crypto community moves forward and evolves with or without your approval. What happens to Digibyte does not depend on anything you or I will say here. So, why not just watch the community evolve rather than going to threads just to rubbish peoples advancements.

I'm sure there are projects you support. How about concentrating on moving those forward rather than thread-hopping to rubbish projects you have no interest in?

EyesWideOpen

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:44:33 PM

I will link you to the thread (which does exist on this forum) right after you have used google yourself (as was asked) to prove the point you made about it being common practice to disclose full investor information online.

People are making strides in this community. Some people like to rubbish those small steps towards mainstream acceptance. The crypto community moves forward and evolves with or without your approval. What happens to Digibyte does not depend on anything you or I will say here. So, why not just watch the community evolve rather than going to threads just to rubbish peoples advancements.

I'm sure there are projects you support. How about concentrating on moving those forward rather than thread-hopping to rubbish projects you have no interest in?
You make it sound difficult. I'll bite, even if you are just once again piggybacking on the argument of another poster after abandoning your earlier ridiculous arguments.
Let's start with the law, followed by a standard investment contract template and a study of financial contracts between investors and companies. Here are also several investment contracts that you can easily find using any search engines: Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3. I am also appending typical announcements by companies receiving external investments and funding: Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3. There is nothing 'unheard of' or 'overkill' about this.

So, can you now provide me a link to a thread here where "proof is provided, it gets rubbished anyways"?

With regards to your second paragraph, what on earth are you talking about? Digibyte gave no details behind the supposed USD $250,000 investment. How was the investment structured? Did the investor receive a few million coins from the developer? Did the investor receive an equity to the secret company behind the coin's development? What strides are you taking about here specifically? What advancements are you talking about here? What the heck are you actually talking about here? Are you saying members of the community have no right to request clarifications or ask for substantiation on claims made by thread starters? Do you want threads to be filled with just circle-jerking?

No, Tribesman. When you make bold and outlandish claims like this, you need to substantiate it. You need to address the concerns raised instead of stubbornly asking people to just accept what they are being told. You do not get to make false announcements to create a temporary price spike to facilitate your coin dumping. Do you realize that no other coin (with the exception of Monero, I think) has received private funding for development (not talking about ICO/IPO/ITOs)? This is staggering news - if true. But one week on, not a peep from the developers. Just bagholders with their silly arguments.

TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:52:09 PM

You make it sound difficult. I'll bite, even if you are just once again piggybacking on the argument of another poster after abandoning your earlier ridiculous arguments.
Let's start with the law, followed by a standard investment contract template and a study of financial contracts between investors and companies. Here are also several investment contracts that you can easily find using any search engines: Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3. I am also appending typical announcements by companies receiving external investments and funding: Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3. There is nothing 'unheard of' or 'overkill' about this.

So, can you now provide me a link to a thread here where "proof is provided, it gets rubbished anyways"?

With regards to your second paragraph, what on earth are you talking about? Digibyte gave no details behind the supposed USD $250,000 investment. How was the investment structured? Did the investor receive a few million coins from the developer? Did the investor receive an equity to the secret company behind the coin's development? What strides are you taking about here specifically? What advancements are you talking about here? What the heck are you actually talking about here? Are you saying members of the community have no right to request clarifications or ask for substantiation on claims made by thread starters? Do you want threads to be filled with just circle-jerking?

No, Tribesman. When you make bold and outlandish claims like this, you need to substantiate it. You need to address the concerns raised instead of stubbornly asking people to just accept what they are being told. You do not get to make false announcements to create a temporary price spike to facilitate your coin dumping. Do you realize that no other coin (with the exception of Monero, I think) has received private funding for development (not talking about ICO/IPO/ITOs)? This is staggering news - if true. But one week on, not a peep from the developers. Just bagholders with their silly arguments.

Please read (from your link), and remember, as you put it, this is the law!

Registration statements and prospectuses become public shortly after filing with the SEC. If filed by U.S. domestic companies, the statements are available on the EDGAR database accessible at www.sec.gov. Registration statements are subject to examination for compliance with disclosure requirements.

Not all offerings of securities must be registered with the Commission. Some exemptions from the registration requirement include:

private offerings to a limited number of persons or institutions;

offerings of limited size;
    intrastate offerings; and
    securities of municipal, state, and federal governments.

Any comments?

I'll not be providing a link to anything. I'm not involving anyone else in this. Please take your victory and run. You win. Your victory, of course, still doesn't mean that anyone will take a blind bit of notice of your advice. But keep giving it. One day you'll hit the jackpot and actually get it right!

Cheesy

EyesWideOpen

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:20:49 AM

Registration statements and prospectuses become public shortly after filing with the SEC. If filed by U.S. domestic companies, the statements are available on the EDGAR database accessible at www.sec.gov. Registration statements are subject to examination for compliance with disclosure requirements.

Not all offerings of securities must be registered with the Commission. Some exemptions from the registration requirement include:

Any comments?

Any how does this change anything?
Does it in any way nullify the existence of an investment contract?
Does it negate anything I've said previously?
Does it change the fact that I said some companies are required by law to file external investments?
Does it change the fact there are unlisted, private companies in the examples I provided?
Does it not prove you don't have a clue of what you are talking about?
Does it not show you are incapable of using a search engine (or at least, pretending to)?

I'll not be providing a link to anything. I'm not involving anyone else in this. Please take your victory and run. You win. Your victory, of course, still doesn't mean that anyone will take a blind bit of notice of your advice. But keep giving it. One day you'll hit the jackpot and actually get it right!

Cheesy

In other words, you lied. Smiley
You lied in an effort to defend an "investment" that is most likely non-existent.
You are no different from scammers that are blighting the crypto landscape.
For all we know, you could even be one of the anonymous people behind this coin. At the very lest, we know you are a bagholder by your ridiculously spirited defense of this 'investment'.
I am pleased to note though that the community did not fall for the scam, and people like you are unable to offload your coins at a profit at exchanges.
I'm always amazed at the mentality of people who do not balk at making a profit through lies and deception, at the expense of others.

@Digibyte, you had about two weeks to prove me wrong and demonstrate the investment is real. The fact that you have kept deathly silent and are just depending on a dishonest moron to defend you says a lot of your values.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

@Digibyte, you had about two weeks to prove me wrong and demonstrate the investment is real. The fact that you have kept deathly silent and are just depending on a dishonest moron to defend you says a lot of your values.

EyesWideOpen,

Thank you for taking your time to research, question & discern the truth behind our investment. We all know the crypto world has been rife with scams, liars and other nefarious bad actors.

Please understand that after a couple years of dealing with these message boards & bad actors we have grown tired of following every post or message that distracts us from our end goal and long term vision for the future success of DigiByte. It appears we have not followed this particular thread as closely as we should have as we have been busy working & getting things done.

In short the investment was made by a single private angel investor (not TofuGear) to create two privately held companies that will be building usable infrastructure around the DigiByte network. However, this also means part of the investment is being used to strengthen the open source protocol & to further develop DigiByte. No DigiBytes were sold so there was no "ICO" "IPO" or what ever its being called these days.

Private investments occur all the time without disclosure in the global business world. Due to NDA's with other companies we are working with as well as our investor we are not able to disclose more at this time. Also, it makes no sense for us to reveal strategic details & plans before we are fully ready to implement and deploy them.

For all we know, you could even be one of the anonymous people behind this coin. At the very lest, we know you are a bagholder by your ridiculously spirited defense of this 'investment'.

We have never hidden anything about DigiByte or where it came from or who has worked on it. I myself, Jared Tate, the creator of DigiByte have been publicly known since the beginning of DigiByte. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=324950755&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic

Also, check out our presentation from the New York convention last April: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWVD8MJlS0

The two companies we have created are: DigiPay LLC of Delaware & Digitrade International of Hong Kong and have been registered with the State of Delaware and the Hong Kong government accordingly. Each are freely accessible by searching each jurisdictions records.

If you have more questions about the integrity of DigiByte please stop by here and read the full, unedited history of DigiByte for yourself to draw your own conclusions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

In summary if you have not read the original press release that was properly vetted by Coindesk and others, let me re-post it:

The DigiByte Team is pleased to announce the opening of two new companies and offices representing their full suite of products & services: DigiPay LLC of Santa Monica, California and DigiTrade International Limited of Hong Kong. With a private investment made for USD $250,000, the DigiByte Team now has the financial backing to build software and services around the DigiByte core protocol and bring DigiByte further into the digital and real world markets.

Through a strategic partnership with Tofugear Limited of Hong Kong, the DigiByte Team has now expanded to developing solutions in a global operation, to meet the ever-changing demands of the consumer.  In collaboration with Tofugear Limited’s strategic retail, wholesale and technical development partnerships, the DigiByte core protocol is currently being developed into a range of solutions that will revolutionize the consumer’s daily life.

DigiByte (DGB) is a rapidly growing worldwide professional decentralized payment network.  The DigiByte Development team holds offices in USA and Hong Kong, with community developers spanned globally.  DigiByte allow you to move money more securely over the internet similar to PayPal and Western Union, but with many improvements, including lightning fast transactions with minimal or no fees.  Users send and receive DigiBytes to or from any DigiByte address in the world in a matter of seconds, with no required sign up, registration, or hidden fees.

Please feel free to checkout the Tofugear website here: http://www.tofugear.com/
Their company registration is also on file with the Hong Kong government.

We know who we are, we know what we are working toward and we have been honest and transparent about that for over 11 months now. It makes no sense for us to work full time on this project for a year, make public appearances at several digital currency events, partner with a real world company only to "fake" an announcement.

Thanks again for asking questions and we encourage everyone to do their own research and make their decisions accordingly. We have several irons in the fire & a lot of development work going on. We have some very exciting things in store!

At the end of the day we believe whole heartedly in the potential crypto currencies offer to everyone on the planet. We are working hard each & every day to help bring this potential into the real world. We are all in this together and as such we would like to offer a warm & friendly welcome to everyone who reads this to come join the DigiByte community! We are in this for the long haul!

Cheers! -Jared

TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:43:58 AM

Any comments?

Any how does this change anything?
Does it in any way nullify the existence of an investment contract?
Does it negate anything I've said previously?
Does it change the fact that I said some companies are required by law to file external investments?
Does it change the fact there are unlisted, private companies in the examples I provided?
Does it not prove you don't have a clue of what you are talking about?
Does it not show you are incapable of using a search engine (or at least, pretending to)?

Cheesy

In other words, you lied. Smiley
You lied in an effort to defend an "investment" that is most likely non-existent.
You are no different from scammers that are blighting the crypto landscape.
I am pleased to note though that the community did not fall for the scam, and people like you are unable to offload your coins at a profit at exchanges.
I'm always amazed at the mentality of people who do not balk at making a profit through lies and deception, at the expense of others.

This forum has many examples of private investments being rubbished by members like you. I say again, I'm not providing you with anything.
 Cheesy

TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 12:32:04 PM

EyesWideOpen,

Thank you for taking your time to research, question & discern the truth behind our investment. We all know the crypto world has been rife with scams, liars and other nefarious bad actors.

Please understand that after a couple years of dealing with these message boards & bad actors we have grown tired of following every post or message that distracts us from our end goal and long term vision for the future success of DigiByte. It appears we have not followed this particular thread as closely as we should have as we have been busy working & getting things done.

In short the investment was made by a single private angel investor (not TofuGear) to create two privately held companies that will be building usable infrastructure around the DigiByte network. However, this also means part of the investment is being used to strengthen the open source protocol & to further develop DigiByte. No DigiBytes were sold so there was no "ICO" "IPO" or what ever its being called these days.

Private investments occur all the time without disclosure in the global business world. Due to NDA's with other companies we are working with as well as our investor we are not able to disclose more at this time. Also, it makes no sense for us to reveal strategic details & plans before we are fully ready to implement and deploy them.

We have never hidden anything about DigiByte or where it came from or who has worked on it. I myself, Jared Tate, the creator of DigiByte have been publicly known since the beginning of DigiByte. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=324950755&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic

Also, check out our presentation from the New York convention last April: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWVD8MJlS0

The two companies we have created are: DigiPay LLC of Delaware & Digitrade International of Hong Kong and have been registered with the State of Delaware and the Hong Kong government accordingly. Each are freely accessible by searching each jurisdictions records.

If you have more questions about the integrity of DigiByte please stop by here and read the full, unedited history of DigiByte for yourself to draw your own conclusions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

In summary if you have not read the original press release that was properly vetted by Coindesk and others, let me re-post it:

The DigiByte Team is pleased to announce the opening of two new companies and offices representing their full suite of products & services: DigiPay LLC of Santa Monica, California and DigiTrade International Limited of Hong Kong. With a private investment made for USD $250,000, the DigiByte Team now has the financial backing to build software and services around the DigiByte core protocol and bring DigiByte further into the digital and real world markets.

Through a strategic partnership with Tofugear Limited of Hong Kong, the DigiByte Team has now expanded to developing solutions in a global operation, to meet the ever-changing demands of the consumer.  In collaboration with Tofugear Limited’s strategic retail, wholesale and technical development partnerships, the DigiByte core protocol is currently being developed into a range of solutions that will revolutionize the consumer’s daily life.

DigiByte (DGB) is a rapidly growing worldwide professional decentralized payment network.  The DigiByte Development team holds offices in USA and Hong Kong, with community developers spanned globally.  DigiByte allow you to move money more securely over the internet similar to PayPal and Western Union, but with many improvements, including lightning fast transactions with minimal or no fees.  Users send and receive DigiBytes to or from any DigiByte address in the world in a matter of seconds, with no required sign up, registration, or hidden fees.

Please feel free to checkout the Tofugear website here: http://www.tofugear.com/

We know who we are, we know what we are working toward and we have been honest and transparent about that for over 11 months now. It makes no sense for us to work full time on this project for a year, make public appearances at several digital currency events, partner with a real world company only to "fake" an announcement.

Thanks again for asking questions and we encourage everyone to do their own research and make their decisions accordingly. We have several irons in the fire & a lot of development work going on. We have some very exciting things in store!

At the end of the day we believe whole heartedly in the potential crypto currencies offer to everyone on the planet. We are working hard each & every day to help bring this potential into the real world. We are all in this together and as such we would like to offer a warm & friendly welcome to everyone who reads this to come join the DigiByte community! We are in this for the long haul!

Cheers! -Jared

DO NOT fall into this trap Jared. You will run yourself ragged trying to satisfy members like this.

I'll make another big bold claim here (and why not?). The threads exist where members like this have got the dev running ragged for them answering every little query and question to the point where it just seems ridiculous.

When members insult bagholders it reveals their get rich quick stance. He sees himself as an investor, but he's nothing of the sort. He probably has a few BTC/LTC on Cryptsy where he bets the spreads. They're all over this forum.

The people who know Digibyte know where it came from and where it's heading. Don't fall for these cryptosharks or you'll regret it.

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 12:33:55 PM

EyesWideOpen,

Cheers! -Jared

DO NOT fall into this trap Jared. You will run yourself ragged trying to satisfy members like this.

I'll make another big bold claim here (and why not?). The threads exist where members like this have got the dev running ragged for them answering every little query and question to the point where it just seems ridiculous.

When members insult bagholders it reveals their get rich quick stance. He sees himself as an investor, but he's nothing of the sort. He probably has a few BTC/LTC on Cryptsy where he bets the spreads. They're all over this forum.

The people who know Digibyte know where it came from and where it's heading. Don't fall for these cryptosharks or you'll regret it.

+1

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:35:16 PM

Great professional explanation. No need to show specific documents as the agreement and future vision is much more important than to jeopardize it for short term satisfaction. If there is that much skepticism about DGB or any coin, don't invest. Spend more energy where can you can make better spreads.

YC

EyesWideOpen,

Cheers! -Jared
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: