Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Fuel Cards: Fuel Up with Bitcoin at Shell, Exxon, Chevron, Bp and Sunoco  (Read 4864 times)
Razick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:54:08 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 03:00:18 PM by Razick

Fuel Cards from Shell, Exxon, Chevron, Bp and Sunoco!

All risk of loss or theft is assumed by the buyer, including loss or theft during shipment! By purchasing you agree to the Terms of Service in post 2 below.

$50 fuel card: Buy for $54.99
$100 fuel card: $105.99 [PM me for a payment address!]

Want to order more than one? I can discount additional cards!

Some cards will be shipped directly from the supplier giftcardlab.com.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the companies whose cards I offer. Shell, Exxon, Chevron, Bp and Sunoco are trademarks of their respective owners.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:55:35 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 04:21:05 PM by Razick

Terms of Service

Shipping and Liability for Loss or Theft

• I will ship to the 50 US only!
  • $10 is the minimum load for reloadable gift cards. I must receive this prior to shipment.
  • All risk of loss or theft is assumed by the buyer, including loss or theft during shipment!
  • I send cards via USPS uninsured mail, meaning that the initial $10 load on reloadable cards, and the entire balance on non-reloadable cards, could be lost or stolen!
  • If you pay for an initial load on a reloadable card in excess of the $10 minimum, I will only put $10 on until you confirm delivery to minimize risk, and then I'll add the rest. If the card were lost or stolen I could then refund the $90 difference.

Refunds

All sales are final; refunds will be given only at my discretion. Although I am not obligated to refund any payment the following terms apply to any refunds that I do issue:

• If I have not exchanged a Bitcoin payment for US dollars, I will refund the original amount of Bitcoin I received, which may differ from the original US dollar amount depending on the exchange rate.
  • If I have exchanged a Bitcoin payment for US dollars, I may choose to refund the original US dollar amount in Bitcoin, which may differ from the original amount depending on the exchange rate.

Exchange Rate

• Bitpay will determine the appropriate exchange rate for transactions processed by their service.
  • I may use the Blockchain.info "at time of transaction" exchange rate, or the Blockchain or Coinbase rate at time of confirmation to determine US dollar value of direct payments.
  • I reserve the right to refund the original amount of Bitcoin paid in the event of a large exchange rate variation prior to the order being processed. I will attempt to be fair in cases where the exchange rate rises rapidly after payment.
  • Notwithstanding the above, the US dollar value of payments will not be adjusted based on exchange rate variation after confirmation.

Reloadable Cards

• There is a one time fee of $7.99 on reloadable cards.
  • There are no additional fees on the first load up to $100.
  • There is a 3.99% fee on all reloads.

I will attempt to process reloads within 12-24 hours, however, please allow up to 72 hours. The address used for deposits will be sent by email after purchase. Please, DO NOT send reloads to the Bitpay address. $10 is the minimum load for reloadable gift cards. I must receive this prior to shipment.

The card issuer has certain restrictions on loads and balances, these are the main ones:

• The minimum re-load amount is $25.
  • The maximum load amount is $300.
  • The maximum balance is also $300.
  • The card balance may or may not be redeemable for cash depending on the circumstances. I am not responsible for refunds once the balance is loaded.

Other Terms

• I reserve the right to refuse any order. Buyers with low trust may not be accepted, this is because I want to make sure that my early buyers will be honest about receiving the card.
  • Always treat your cards like cash! I am not the card issuer and am not nor can I be responsible for managing or safeguarding the funds on any card.
  • All cards are subject to card issuer restrictions for which I am not responsible.
  • These terms are subject to change without notice.
  • I reserve the right to discontinue the service at any time. Funds won't be kept in limbo though, I'll either process pending orders or refund them. You can count on me to be fair.
  • I reserve the right to discontinue service to any user should I choose to do so.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:56:37 AM

Posted in response to a reply on the old unmoderated thread:

A 3% reload fee and $10 minimum amount aren't bad, I will probably end up trying this, just to have a simple option to get gas if I don't have any cash sometime.
How long do you plan on doing this though? For the foreseeable future? What if it wasn't extremely successful and only a couple people bought and frequently used the cards, would you still do it for them? And why the moderated thread?

Answer these questions and I will most likely buy one.

I don't see a problem with reloading them for the foreseeable future. The less people who are doing it, the less of a burden it is right? I can promise this: I WILL notify my customers if I stop the service, so you won't be depositing money and not hearing from me.

The moderated thread just made me feel better, but on second thought, I can see how it might make buyers uncomfortable. I can make an moderated thread if it's a problem. Eventually, I plan on creating a website if there is enough demand for the service.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 04:06:05 AM

Yeah I will check one out. You have the cards on the way to you now right? You've already ordered them?

If you can maintain those low fees and good customer service, I could see you making some good business.

Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:13:39 AM

Yeah I will check one out. You have the cards on the way to you now right? You've already ordered them?

If you can maintain those low fees and good customer service, I could see you making some good business.

I will be ordering them tomorrow. If something doesn't work out I'll issue a full refund. If you'd prefer, I can PM you after I place the order.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 04:19:44 AM

Alright, I have to get up early for work tomorrow, but I will let this sit and send payment for 1 tom. morning. I'll send you a PM after I pay via Bitpay.

segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:34:31 AM

So 1:1? Plus a 3 percent fee on top of that.
Am I correct?

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:35:56 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 12:48:50 PM by mprep

Alright, I have to get up early for work tomorrow, but I will let this sit and send payment for 1 tom. morning. I'll send you a PM after I pay via Bitpay.

All right, glad to have you on board.

So 1:1? Plus a 3 percent fee on top of that.
Am I correct?

Yes in general, assuming I understand your question correctly. The initial purchase of the card is different than a reload though: If you buy a reloadable card, you pay $7.99 which basically covers the all the various fees I have to pay as well as my time. There is no additional fee on the first load up to $100, so if you load $100 you'd pay $107.99 total. If you later wanted to add an additional $100, it would cost $103.

EDIT: An initial load of up to $100 could be done safely, I just won't add the full amount until the card is delivered for security reasons. I do have to load $10 because that is the minimum amount Shell will allow.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 01:12:56 PM

Are you still going to buy these today? I will buy one for $7.99 and send $10 for the original load if so, let me know please.

Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:29:20 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 04:24:19 PM by Razick

Are you still going to buy these today? I will buy one for $7.99 and send $10 for the original load if so, let me know please.

Yes. Just to ensure everything is clear, the $10 original load should be sent to the address that I will email you. That address is where you should send all future deposits. I'll be notified anytime a payment is sent and add it to your account.

EDIT: I received your payment and you should be receiving an email. If you would like, you can wait until I receive the cards before you send the initial load.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 05:59:36 PM

Just now had a break at work and sent $10 to the supplied address in the email. I just typed $10 in blockchain.info and hit 'send', which is ~0.0262985 BTC at the moment according to them.

I trust you enough to go ahead and send the $10, but in case something goes wrong or happens, just refund it to the sending address please.

Thanks

Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:10:58 PM

Just now had a break at work and sent $10 to the supplied address in the email. I just typed $10 in blockchain.info and hit 'send', which is ~0.0262985 BTC at the moment according to them.

I trust you enough to go ahead and send the $10, but in case something goes wrong or happens, just refund it to the sending address please.

Thanks

Payment received, thank you and will do.

rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

Hey Razick- congratulations. I wonder if people even really understand what a big deal this is. this isnt converting btc to a gift card to buy a T-shirt at the gap. gass is a commodity. i really like the price point. it makes total sense. it would defeat the purpose if it were higher than the average conversion rate to fiat. I also hope you dont mind if i feel like i played a  small a part in this happening - but you are working for a higher cause. Gas is a commodity- this is big. Well you already know i want some gas gift cards, i will probably take a schell too for back up- but in my town they are over priced. i will pm you.
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:38:34 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 12:40:48 PM by mprep

Hey Razick- congratulations. I wonder if people even really understand what a big deal this is. this isnt converting btc to a gift card to buy a T-shirt at the gap. gass is a commodity. i really like the price point. it makes total sense. it would defeat the purpose if it were higher than the average conversion rate to fiat. I also hope you dont mind if i feel like i played a  small a part in this happening - but you are working for a higher cause. Gas is a commodity- this is big. Well you already know i want some gas gift cards, i will probably take a schell too for back up- but in my town they are over priced. i will pm you.

Absolutely! I don't expect to make a lot of money, but we really need this service. Thanks for the idea!

The only caveat at this point is that I don't know exactly how I will sell the non-reloadable gift cards. It's going to be a little bit of a challenge to make it a good deal without buying a ton in advance, but I'll see what I can do.

I am now in contact and waiting on an invoice!  Grin

Non-reloadable cards from Shell, Exxon, Bp, Chevron and Sunoco are now available! Reloadable cards will be available shortly, but I am now accepting preorders.

rodeoclownicp

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:11:30 AM

so here is a guy that can sell you gas cards using btc. now you dont have to convert your btc into cash. the money you would have spent on gas now stays in your pocket. i have always felt btc is for the average guy. converting btc into gas keeps the value of it strong while limiting the need to exchange it.
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:43:36 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 12:48:36 PM by mprep

Thanks

Hi Snarpill. Due to higher than expected fees from the card issue on reloadable cards and lower costs than expected for non-reloadable cards, I will not be offering reloadable cards at this time. I've refunded your payment to the sending address as requested, here's the transaction hash: 59adf73293bc9c470acff54a02c7b642e1823d59335f565185f01d5c3b164299

If you would like to purchase a non-reloadable card, let me know. Otherwise, I appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience.

so here is a guy that can sell you gas cards using btc. now you dont have to convert your btc into cash. the money you would have spent on gas now stays in your pocket. i have always felt btc is for the average guy. converting btc into gas keeps the value of it strong while limiting the need to exchange it.

Thank you for your support!

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 10:12:28 PM

Thanks

Hi Snarpill. Due to higher than expected fees from the card issue on reloadable cards and lower costs than expected for non-reloadable cards, I will not be offering reloadable cards at this time. I've refunded your payment to the sending address as requested, here's the transaction hash: 59adf73293bc9c470acff54a02c7b642e1823d59335f565185f01d5c3b164299

If you would like to purchase a non-reloadable card, let me know. Otherwise, I appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience.

Razick, received my full refund. Thank you for your honesty and diligence in this matter!

That's a bummer to hear about the reloadable gas card fee jump they put on you, but I actually think selling funded non-reloadable gas cards may actually be a better business for you. Less hassle/maintenance for you to deal with, and you are still able to offer a great service to the community- Bitcoin for gasoline, straight up.

I feel like I will definitely buy a gas card from you with BTC at some point, but unfortunately I am realizing that the bills & Christmas coming up is going to consume all of my spending money.

To you though I say keep at it! This is a unique service (as far as I know) that you are offering, and to most everybody having to buy gasoline regularly is a matter of fact in life, so this is very relevant. It looks like this is a slow start to your new business venture (I expected more interest also), but I have noticed that sometimes things like this on Bitcointalk can start out slow but gain momentum over time and become very popular in the long run. I would also highly recommend creating a website (something like gasforbits.com maybe) that features an automated purchasing process, making ordering a gas card with BTC an instantaneous process.

Good luck, and I will be observing this and probably pop in from time to time!

Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:09:43 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 12:49:09 PM by mprep

Thanks

Razick, received my full refund. Thank you for your honesty and diligence in this matter!

That's a bummer to hear about the reloadable gas card fee jump they put on you, but I actually think selling funded non-reloadable gas cards may actually be a better business for you. Less hassle/maintenance for you to deal with, and you are still able to offer a great service to the community- Bitcoin for gasoline, straight up.

I feel like I will definitely buy a gas card from you with BTC at some point, but unfortunately I am realizing that the bills & Christmas coming up is going to consume all of my spending money.

To you though I say keep at it! This is a unique service (as far as I know) that you are offering, and to most everybody having to buy gasoline regularly is a matter of fact in life, so this is very relevant. It looks like this is a slow start to your new business venture (I expected more interest also), but I have noticed that sometimes things like this on Bitcointalk can start out slow but gain momentum over time and become very popular in the long run. I would also highly recommend creating a website (something like gasforbits.com maybe) that features an automated purchasing process, making ordering a gas card with BTC an instantaneous process.

Good luck, and I will be observing this and probably pop in from time to time!

Thank you for the advice and encouragement! I do plan on creating a website sometime in the near future.

$100 cards will be available shortly. I am currently awaiting a larger transaction limit for Bitpay.

rodeoclownicp

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:57:28 PM

$100 cards will be available shortly. I am currently awaiting a larger transaction limit for Bitpay.

i must admit  have been busy. but i really want to support u. is the gas card (non-reloadable) still in the works. also hang in there. once a month or to to get something started. i hope you are doing good
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:08:48 AM

i must admit  have been busy. but i really want to support u. is the gas card (non-reloadable) still in the works. also hang in there. once a month or to to get something started. i hope you are doing good

I am doing good, thank you! I am still selling non-reloadable cards. Just let me know when you are ready, but take your time.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: