Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:36:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get started with mining  (Read 1030 times)
cleosDAD (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:43:46 AM

Could anybody explain the best and quickest way to start mining as i am new to the crypto currency era
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:47:21 AM

Could anybody explain the best and quickest way to start mining as i am new to the crypto currency era

The main thing is to do the maths first and it depends on how involved you want to be in the process, the most obvious step would be to buy your own mining hardware either GPU's for scrypt coins or ASICs for Bitcoin, both require quite an investment, you could also buy up cloud mining contracts which is a lot easier but as I'm sure people here will scream you won't get an ROI ( Return On Investment ) quickly.

As always, do the maths and look at mining calculators and so on so you can see whether you think it's actually worth getting involved or not.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:51:21 AM

The best way is by mining at home, decentralization and all. Only due to high electrivity rates, not very profitable. You can also buy hardware and let them be hosted at cheaper electricity costs. The easiest way is to buy some shares through LTCgear, on which you can chose to recieve the payout in BTC, LTC or even more shares Smiley

You see alot of threads selling shares of LTCgear, I advise the asiqshares, cheap and high payouts. PM me for a referral links, that way I get shares for refering you, and i will send half of those shares to you!

Offcourse you can also plunge into PBmining, but no-one knows who they are and they could dissapear fairly easy.

Last but not least, on Badbitcoin.org, you can view if any cloud mining company is a verified scam.

Also follow pumpdumptracker on twitter, al news and pump and dumps via one twitter account. The account is still being build, after it's finished you see all news and can subscripe to all lists, check it out.

Succes!

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:55:01 AM

You begin by ignoring 'advice' of anyone with a paid for signature or referral link.
Then you do some research and find that most cloudmining offers are pure scams (this may help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387)

THen you do some math and discover that the one's that are possibly not scams are extremely unlikely to yield you a profit.
Then you repeat the same process for mining with your own hardware and you come to the same conclusion
THen you come to your senses and invest in bitcoins and you put them in cold storage.
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:44:51 PM

First of all you should read lots of recent threads about mining. It's really hard to learn like this. After that start with checking your possibilities at home: Do you use electricity cheap? Do you have cool weather at home? Do you need fan or another cooling devices?(that means extra expenses) Do you have good voice isolation (You can have problem with your neighbours/your family members.)

After that if it's all right you should buy second hand miner; because technology is changing so fast, it's not logical to buy new miners to start. Check this marketplace: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Good luck in your mining journey! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: