Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:51:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATMs in airports  (Read 1637 times)
momed (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:49:39 PM

Hello everybody.

I am an IT graduate with a business background and I am a Bitcoin lover and I am very much interested to know more about it and the opportunities that it can create in different fields.
I am from Iran and I am working with a partner to import the service into this market.
Does anybody have the experience of offering Bitcoin ATMs(Somebody who has or had been chasing to get them in the airports) and what do you think will be the result of putting an ATM("One way" or "Two way") in the airports for the tourists who want to use the local money?
Are there specific regulations imposed on different countries and does it have contrast with banking policies(In general)?

Thanks,
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:53:50 PM

AFAIK there is such an ATM in Istanbul Ata-turk airport. Do you know any otheer airport that have this?

momed (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:00:33 PM

Yeah you are right. I suppose Istanbul Ata-turk airport has it as well as Meryland's airport. In BC,Canada they have ATM in the airport also.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:07:23 PM

In North America, Gateway Newstands has rolled out bitcoin ATMs to a number locations in Canada in partnership with CaVirtEx. Gateway has over 400 locations in North America including near/at Pearson and Downsview airports in Toronto, so, if there's not bitcoin ATMs there already there soon will be.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:10:17 PM

So, there's one in Istanbul airport and some place called Meryland (where's that?).   Also, reportedly in the Vancouver, BC, Canada airport?  That's very cool to know.
momed (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:16:26 PM

Actually in North America it is quite well known as far as I know.
I'm not really sure where is Meryland it is exactly located. "CoinOutlet" is the owner I guess.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

If you're talking about North American "Meryland" then maybe you're referring to Maryland, which is a state on the Atlantic coast.  There are several large airports in Maryland, though, I've not heard of a BTC ATM there.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:23:47 PM

I would love to get a piece of the action at a airport BTC ATM.  The last time I was in Istanbul they did not have the ATM yet, which is why I am stuck with wads of Lira. It would have been great to dump my change and turn it into BTC on my phone. There should be a machine at every airport!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
s2

Activity: 198
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:23:20 AM

Tied with Gatwick and Heathrow, both are controlled by MoneyCorp who have no interest in a bitcoin ATM there as it competes with their Forex and nervous about the regulatory issues.
Certainly worth following up given Heathrow has the largest ATM throughput anywhere.
I'd have been happy to service it too but they just weren't interested despite the meeting with Heathrow marketing manger and phone conversations with Money Corp.

Since tried with train stations but again they wanted £50k/year for the prime spots which just made it unfeasible.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:55:10 PM

I would love to get a piece of the action at a airport BTC ATM.  The last time I was in Istanbul they did not have the ATM yet, which is why I am stuck with wads of Lira. It would have been great to dump my change and turn it into BTC on my phone. There should be a machine at every airport!

Indeed, I hadn't thought of that convenience, turnign the left-over change from your trip into btc rather than back into your own currency when you are returning.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: