Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:10:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PENDING?!  (Read 1227 times)
koekkoek (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:07:56 PM

Hello i bought Bitcoins on a dutch website but now the bitcoins are on my * bitcoin core wallet * but its pending.. What does it mean? do i have to wait a few hours or whaT?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:16:46 PM

If you really want help here then you ought to identify the name of the website (as a starter).  Then look for any kind of transaction hash or other identifying information you got about this transaction.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:25:44 PM

its bitonic.nl
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:28:08 PM

its bitonic.nl

If you have the transaction ID that would help. You can also look it up at someplace like blockr.io with that number.
koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

I'm not sure if i should put the transaction ID over here? I mean maybe smoeone can hack into my wallet?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:43:56 PM

I'm not sure if i should put the transaction ID over here? I mean maybe smoeone can hack into my wallet?

It is not possible to hack into a wallet from a transaction ID or a bitcoin address.  Both of those are already publicly available on the blockchain for anyone that wants them.  If it was insecure for that information to be known, then bitcoin would already have failed years ago due to being useless.

The only thing that you will be giving up if you post the transaction ID (or your bitcoin address) is your privacy.  We will all know exactly how many bitcoins the bitcointalk user koekkoek received in that transaction, and we will all be able to see what address you send those bitcoins to in the future.

koekkoek (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:28:31 PM

Ah i see. Well i do like to keep these things private:)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:18:53 PM

Ah i see. Well i do like to keep these things private:)

Sure, but it's difficult to get help if you aren't willing to share information about the problem.

I can just imagine calling up my mechanic and telling him that my cart isn't working properly and asking him what I should do to fix it.  When he asks me for information about what the problem is, I'll tell him "I'd really rather not describe the specific problem I'm having. Can't you just assist me without knowing anything about the nature of the problem or symptoms?"

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 09:15:49 PM

I'll assume that you are using Bitcoin-QT. If the transaction has taken place, you will probably have to wait for the blockchain to download.
If you're not using Bitcoin-QT, it might just be the transaction confirming.

It would really help if you posted the Transaction ID. There are no security worries on doing so.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:20:56 PM

I'll assume that you are using Bitcoin-QT. If the transaction has taken place, you will probably have to wait for the blockchain to download.
If you're not using Bitcoin-QT, it might just be the transaction confirming.

It would really help if you posted the Transaction ID. There are no security worries on doing so.

I doubt this person is running a desktop wallet.  Seems that the processs of finding, downloading, installing bitcoin-qt, waiting for blockchain to sync would lead to the OP knowing many basic facts about bitcoin which this person doesn't seem to know about (like, for example, what's a transaction hash).  My guess is that this person gave CC info to a website and is now having buyer's remorse about that decision or something like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: