Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:05:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was I just Scammed? (Chris Dunn)  (Read 11358 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:46:47 PM

Hello, does anybody has experience with Chris Dunn and some of his bitcoin related products?

I got a tip here on forum, i looked into him (chris dunn) and although it seemed a little bit odd (why would a succesfull trader offer so much "stupid" trading courses, dont succesfull traders make money just from trading and not selling courses?)

But ok i was worried but was quite interested in receiving some kind of "trade allerts" (he will tell you few times a month by email that you should "BUY now" or to "SELL now", its called "bitcoin insiders club":

http://bitcoinwealthalliance.com/special-offers/insiders-club/2/

it costs 27 usd a month and its renewed automatically each month unless canceled (yeah i should have been more caucious)?

It has terrible design the site, again i just wanted to "hope"... The payement is done through http://www.clickbank.com/ which also looks odd but ok.

So i gave them my debit (credit) card number and everyting they wanted (name, email, security code for the credit card, postal number or something) and then i tried to click "ok" or some button, but it returned some error messeage that they could not charge me, that i should contact my bank why is this happening... I tried it 3 times in an hour, always the same error message. I looked to my banking account online and nothing has been charged, i got worried a little bit and tightened the limits on the debit card, and now im waiting.

The card is on my bank account where i do not have a lot of money, almost none, so even if it is a scam i would not get hit hard anyway.

But i was just curious... Could it be a scam? Does anybody have experience with chriss dunn and his products (mainly the insider club) and the whole www.clickbank.com ?

Even if not, and its not a scam and there was some geniue error with my bank account and debit card , what do you think about it, is it a "real" product? Worth paying, how can one cancel his subscription after some time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:14:34 PM

It's probably a scam. Even if they don't empty your bank account, they are still selling a bogus product. Anybody can pretend to be an expert and sell "trade alerts". I've been trading for several decades now and I can tell you with certainty that people selling "trade alerts" are bogus. However, if your really want someone to tell you when to buy and sell, I'll send you you trade alerts for a ridiculously low price of $20 per month.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

well im not sure, look him up, chris dunn https://twitter.com/chrisdunntv

hes posts on youtube, even from his own life, i followed him on twitter and he did mentioned before bigger moves that he sent trade alerts to his "students", i attended some free webinar with him... im not sure he is a scammer but probably a sales, yes.

He says his trade alerts/predictions have accuracy of about 93%, it can be (he said) looked back on the internet, i didnt do that but followed his recent ones and he quite accuratelly predicted the moves (although i didnt pay for it, so ididnt get the exact entry and exit levels, just general info that "something will happen".

Somebody has to have some experience with him, someone even recommended him here... (to me, here on forum)...

does anybody know something more about him, is that stupid insiders club worth it?
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:43:14 PM

It's probably a scam. Even if they don't empty your bank account, they are still selling a bogus product. Anybody can pretend to be an expert and sell "trade alerts". I've been trading for several decades now and I can tell you with certainty that people selling "trade alerts" are bogus. However, if your really want someone to tell you when to buy and sell, I'll send you you trade alerts for a ridiculously low price of $20 per month.
Don't forget to ask for his credit card number, expire date and full name up front.
How anyone could be that slack with personal information amazes me.
This is about 60% scam, you are actually getting something so not a full scam but you are receiving worthless information.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:43:58 PM

It's not technically a scam, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was an intelligent purchase.

Clickbank offers an excellent refund policy. You should try to get a refund.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:50:09 PM

Sounds like a pump&dump group to me.

They buy up cheap coin. Trigger a pump. The flock gets in ' early ' to buy up the group's coins. Sweet.

You might make money if you get in and out early enough.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
ChrisDunn

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:04:57 PM

Hey guys!  Chris Dunn here...

Somebody told me about your post, so I thought I'd come on here and respond.

The BWA product is legit, and I've publicly posted all of my trade predictions on TradingView - https://www.tradingview.com/u/chrisdunntv

Also, I don't pump and dump.  I tell everybody what I'm thinking AHEAD of time, and usually give the entry trigger price with targets and stop zones before I take a trade.  Then I alert to when I get in, and typically give play-by-play analysis live on Twitter - https://twitter.com/chrisdunntv

I'm trying to bring quality education to the Bitcoin community, because all I've seen so far is scammy robots and junk.  I put over 6 months work into the course, so I hope you like it!  If you sign up for the course and don't like it, just request a refund and I personally guarantee you'll get your money back.  My reputation is worth way more than $27. ;-)

Anyways, feel free to hit me up on Twitter if you have any questions.

- Chris Dunn
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:41:39 PM

Hello, does anybody has experience with Chris Dunn and some of his bitcoin related products?

I got a tip here on forum, i looked into him (chris dunn) and although it seemed a little bit odd (why would a succesfull trader offer so much "stupid" trading courses, dont succesfull traders make money just from trading and not selling courses?)

But ok i was worried but was quite interested in receiving some kind of "trade allerts" (he will tell you few times a month by email that you should "BUY now" or to "SELL now", its called "bitcoin insiders club":

http://bitcoinwealthalliance.com/special-offers/insiders-club/2/

it costs 27 usd a month and its renewed automatically each month unless canceled (yeah i should have been more caucious)?

It has terrible design the site, again i just wanted to "hope"... The payement is done through http://www.clickbank.com/ which also looks odd but ok.

So i gave them my debit (credit) card number and everyting they wanted (name, email, security code for the credit card, postal number or something) and then i tried to click "ok" or some button, but it returned some error messeage that they could not charge me, that i should contact my bank why is this happening... I tried it 3 times in an hour, always the same error message. I looked to my banking account online and nothing has been charged, i got worried a little bit and tightened the limits on the debit card, and now im waiting.

The card is on my bank account where i do not have a lot of money, almost none, so even if it is a scam i would not get hit hard anyway.

But i was just curious... Could it be a scam? Does anybody have experience with chriss dunn and his products (mainly the insider club) and the whole www.clickbank.com ?

Even if not, and its not a scam and there was some geniue error with my bank account and debit card , what do you think about it, is it a "real" product? Worth paying, how can one cancel his subscription after some time?

Clicking on that website link above is enough for my brain to say, "stay away".

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:59:59 PM

Why would a bitcoin trader ask for debit card information? That site doesn't look like anything related to bitcoin in anway I would cancel your card just to be safe. Bitcoin dealers will deal in bitcoin, it shows that he has no alliance to bitcoin at all.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
dmugetsu

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:39:38 PM

Asking for card information?

what for?

Probably scam
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:44:58 PM

Asking for card information?

what for?

Probably scam

read the thread and then comment if you must..........
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:46:26 PM

Well it's true, the site screams scam as soon as you clik it. The thing  is, I checked out his social networks and his site and he seems to be putting a lot of effort to be your average scammee.
Would be sad if he's actually legit but getting bashed here.

Rawted

Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:53:05 PM

No clue about this guy or his service. I will say that I have worked for numerous internet marketing gurus, and the style of that web page is an industry standard. It's a sales page, plain and simple. It's not done well at all (colors are wrong, fonts are wrong, no call to actions,etc), but it is a common thing most online marketers use.

Here's an example of one i did for Rich Schefren about 6 years ago. That guided profit system went on to produce upwards of 8 figures for him. I'll agree that the pages don't do it for me, but they do work. Having a sales landing page like the one Chris Dunn has is not an automatic sign of a scammer, at all.  http://strategicprofits.com/gps/

EDIT: Just realized that page is for his new gps 2.0, and not 1.0 (which i worked on). Nevertheless, the style and format is the exact same as it's predecessor, only some small content changes.
1200GS

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:26:57 AM

Executive Summary:

1. Yes a HUGE shameless rip-off making Donald Trump look like a amateur.
2. After years of attempting to get value out of their products, there is none.
3. Dunn goes from one marketing sham to the wannabes to another, lining his pockets and laughing his way to the bank.

I have extensive experience with Dunn and his operation which use to be call Emini Trading Academy and recently changed the name to Daily Trading Profits.  I paid about $6k for an ES futures trading program.  Well it turns out the program itself is "ripped off" from another daytrading training outfit ( Hoerst ) and with all the stuff he puts up, and the amazing promises of profits and beyond belief promises and post-market analysis proof, none of it proved to be true or worked.  In fact there is no actual evidence at all.  You will never see Dunn's real trading statement, they never take real trades in the "room" and everything is turned around against the trader (you) when you attempt to pursue why his system, training and methods do not actually work.  He is not that outside the norm in the daytrading business. 

But, he really does over-promise and sucks wannabe under-capitalized newbies into this rip-off system and ultimately kept moving away from the ES committment, into other markets, and real estate, then options, then stocks, and now the new rip-off Bit-coin.  The guy is just a Donald Trump wannabe with no actual proof of success, wealth or follow-though.  None.  Just words and slick You-Tubes and mediocre marketing.  I spent a substantial amount of time with him, as well as about 10 other traders I know and we all concluded the same; total RIPOFF. 

There is no regulatory requirements or barriers to entry into the trading business to keep these people out or away from your wallet.  I believe everybody in trading / day or otherwise that seeks a system, short-cut or guru learns the lesson.  I spent over $60k on various systems.  I finally built my own strategy based on all the other stuff and have become quite successful in trading the CL/oil; I use one indicator that I got from Dunn, a MACD that he ripped off of Hoerst and that is widely available for free.  There is another guy that worked with Dunn named Marcello of  http://daytradingacademy.com/ that got into a big rukus with Dunn and decided he could way out-do Dunn on marketing and sucking wannabes in.  This guy went global, is the same formula on steroids and certainly markets hyper-aggressive.  It is the same system, charts, indicators everything ... just pure rip-off from Dunn who ripped Hoerst.  What a mess. 

Save you money and steer as far clear as you can.  Warning; these guys are just filling their pockets with wannabe money-they do not actually do this; you will never see real statements, real trading and on a post-market basis everything looks perfect and they can create fake charts and results with a click of the mouse..I know; I know for sure.  That is my actual real I have been there with both of these guys review.  They are not criminal, but they are not what you see.
Johnesp1

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:56:07 PM

I bougth a trading course and after I never saw how to set an order
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: