Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:53:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC.COOP ASIC MINERS COOPERATIVE  (Read 19295 times)
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:32:13 PM

I answered so many PM and questions today, I forgot about your promise.

Thank you.

No, I just sent 0.5BTC to myself, as my contribution. Use the total received on that page as your guide. Why are you asking? Do you want to donate Cheesy ?

Did the first donator ask for his 0.50 BTC back ? Or was that just you yourself who had put in something to get this started ?

If so, why did you take it out ?

Hahaha Yes, told you before !  Tongue

Waiting for a weekly pay-out, then you can expect 1 BTC going to that adress and yes, you can put my username on the donator list after you have received it  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:34:04 PM

New donation received.

Thank you DutchBrat.

punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

If 3.5 Gh/s can be powered by USB, I think 1 Th/s will not be a issue here. By the way, what is max power for a USB port anyway?
4.5 or possibly a fair amount more if it's USB 3?

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 11:54:37 PM

I have donated the entire 8 BTC.

Hurdle one is done   Cheesy
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 02:15:35 AM

Thank you very much. Let's start working on the contract. Any pro bono lawyers available  Cheesy ?

Hurdle one is done   Cheesy

ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:19:34 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2012, 01:38:50 PM by ciuciu

Updated with the IPO description draft.
              Work done by dreamwatcher.

Thank you.

Thank you very much. Let's start working on the contract. Any pro bono lawyers available  Cheesy ?

Hurdle one is done   Cheesy

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:40:14 PM

It is a good idea to state what the operating costs will be and to how much $ or BTC that comes to per week/month
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:47:09 PM

It is hard to estimate at the moment.
I pay $0.075 for power.
I will operate it for free.
We might need to insure the unit, but I can't give an estimate yet.

Please tell me if you see other possible costs.

It is a good idea to state what the operating costs will be and to how much $ or BTC that comes to per week/month

locust

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:48:36 PM

You should edit the thread title.

"ASIC MINERS COOPERATIVE 0.03$ PER 1MH/S"
locust

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:53:18 PM

I pay $0.075 for power.

Cooling; PC terminal; Internet... all these "little thinghs" have costs", so often forgoten
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:59:43 PM

For all these I will add 1KW/h to the electricity cost. If there are other costs they will be submitted for shareholders approval.

I pay $0.075 for power.

Cooling; PC terminal; Internet... all these "little thinghs" have costs", so often forgoten

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:10:39 PM

For all these I will add 1KW/h to the electricity cost. If there are other costs they will be submitted for shareholders approval.

I pay $0.075 for power.

Perhaps have a website up and running where shareholders can see the hashrate of the machine

At the moment I am checking my miners 25/7.... am pretty tired I must say  Grin
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:13:31 PM

Yes, this will be done.

I pay $0.075 for power.

Perhaps have a website up and running where shareholders can see the hashrate of the machine

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:00:09 PM

Yes, this will be done.

I pay $0.075 for power.

I have acquired the domain asicminercoop.com and will develop the website until somebody in the coop that is more expert at web development volunteers to take over. I am more of a network-hardware person myself.
ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:02:22 PM

Good news! Thank you dreamwatcher!

Yes, this will be done.

I pay $0.075 for power.

I have acquired the domain asicminercoop.com and will develop the website until somebody in the coop that is more expert at web development volunteers to take over. I am more of a network-hardware person myself.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:36:43 PM

I pay $0.075 for power.

What I have been reading that there is a possibility of failure rate, that seems to be a great idea is to insure the unit in some way. Especially spending multiple thousands of dollars on it.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 05:02:23 PM

I pay $0.075 for power.

What I have been reading that there is a possibility of failure rate, that seems to be a great idea is to insure the unit in some way. Especially spending multiple thousands of dollars on it.

I would assume/demand a warranty on the unit

A $30,000 piece of equipment should have a multi-year warranty.

Automobiles that cost less normally have a minimum of 3 year warranty, and they are subject to weather and all kinds of abuse.

If the warranty offered by Butterfly Labs is inadequate, we can haggle for a better warranty.

When dealing with this level of purchase, some negotiation should be expected.

ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 05:05:20 PM

Until now, they offered a 6 months warranty. We can ask for a longer warranty if possible, or we can get some form of private insurance.

I pay $0.075 for power.

Automobiles that cost less normally have a minimum of 3 year warranty, and they are subject to weather and all kinds of abuse.

If the warranty offered by Butterfly Labs is inadequate, we can haggle for a better warranty.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 05:14:52 PM

For a customer level product, like the singles, I can see that. To me, that is still low for even that level of the market.

No business in their right mind is going to accept a 6 month warranty on a $30k asset, and I certainly hope BFL knows that.

IF not, the COOP needs to negotiate an acceptable warranty, this should not be hard, the warranty costs BFL nothing if the unit does not break down.

If the unit breaks down and the unit is repaired at BFL, the costs would more than likely be much less than the profit they made on the unit in the first place.

I do not see this as a hard negotiation point, especially if we get the pool setup and establish a relationship with BFL early on.

Until now, they offered a 6 months warranty. We can ask for a longer warranty if possible, or we can get some form of private insurance.

I pay $0.075 for power.

ciuciu (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 05:44:23 PM

When I made the affirmation, I was thinking of CPA  Cheesy.

Thank you usagi.

At the risk of advertising in another thread, CPA will extend the warranty on BFL singles. We did this for ABM, for example.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: