Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW! - 4x 7970 --- [ 16x Sapphire Toxic 5850 + 1 x Intel Core i7-3960X ]  (Read 6251 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:45:48 PM

Got a SATA cable in the mail today, which isn't exactly what I ordered. Somehow there must have been a mixup in shipping. The phone number he gave me didn't seem to work, but I was able to find the right one and I gave him a call at home. He was very apologetic for the mistake, and agreed to fix it within 24 hours. I remain suspicious, but I will follow up in this for anyone else interested.

Haha that sucks.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:48:18 PM

Side note. When did OP get scammer tag?

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:57:11 PM

Got a SATA cable in the mail today, which isn't exactly what I ordered. Somehow there must have been a mixup in shipping. The phone number he gave me didn't seem to work, but I was able to find the right one and I gave him a call at home. He was very apologetic for the mistake, and agreed to fix it within 24 hours. I remain suspicious, but I will follow up in this for anyone else interested.

Haha that sucks.

Really nice comment.
Worth setting in stone.

Order 16 5850s, get a SATA cable in the mail. I found it quite humorous, tho I would be ripshit if that were me. 

tosku

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 09:07:27 PM

I don't really know anything about the circumstances, but being apologetic and making (empty) promises is a very common scammer behavior. Watch out.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:14:25 PM

I don't really know anything about the circumstances, but being apologetic and making (empty) promises is a very common scammer behavior. Watch out.

On the flip side, what's an honest trader supposed to do? If I were selling thousands of dollars of GPUs, and there was a screw up, I would be apologetic and trying to fix the situation.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:22:40 PM

Side note. When did OP get scammer tag?

About time.  I called that shit the day he got out of Newbie status.  Lemme see if I can find the link...

Edit: Here it is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76155.msg845139#msg845139 ... Ok, so maybe it wasn't the same day he got out of Newbie mode, but it was pretty close Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
deanorn

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:27:46 PM

Damn that sucks.  I’m curious how he is going to try and fix this if it really was just a screw up.  Because I'm guessing the cards are gone or he would have noticed an extra 16 cards lying around.  And if he got the sata cable and card orders mixed up the sata cable guy probably won't return them.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:31:16 PM

On the flip side, what's an honest trader supposed to do? If I were selling thousands of dollars of GPUs, and there was a screw up, I would be apologetic and trying to fix the situation.

He claimed he must have accidentally sent them to Leezyist. I find it hard to believe that he could have done that, but who knows. He actually did have the cards in his possession as he sent me a photo of them with his name and the date on them. The mistake is hard to believe as the DHL documents he sent me showed the weight and value as 10x the numbers as were listed on the actual documents I received.

His story does seem to check out though. The person he was fundraising for to help her sister actually does exist, though her Facebook page doesn't indicate if she's left yet. Sylkyx does also live with someone with the same last name as her as well, which was how I was able to track down his information. Who knows, maybe he was desperate to help.

Really, I'm too pathologically honest. I was extremely suspicious of this, and other members counseled me to just wait for the package to arrive before sending anything. In the end I did because I had agreed that I would send half upon confirmation of the package being sent, and that was fulfilled. Still, we'll see what happens tomorrow, I'm actually hopeful that he'll return what I paid. I may not be in England, but I do know a lot about him. He got a relatively small sum of coins, and for most people it wouldn't be worth me contacting his foster sister, his parents, former employers, the local police and his profs to explain the situation to them. It might not do anything, but if I were a prof and I received reasonably solid proof that a student of mine was committing fraud on the internet I might not do anything about it, but I would definitely look twice for academic dishonesty in the future.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

He claimed he must have accidentally sent them to Leezyist.

Funny that he would say that since HonorMe is the one who was selling cards to Leezyist. Sounds like he is getting his multiple accounts mixed up.

You are way to trusting. I(we) told you not to send that money, m8 :/

and he is the only one in control of the Danielle Revell Facebook. The account was just created recently. The 'first join' wall entry was deleted and none of the 'freinds' seem to know anything about her.

edit; Did Azn atleast get his cpu?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:56:05 PM

So sylkyx = HonorMe = InterCoin?

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:58:50 PM

not sure who InterCoin is.  I do suspect Honor and Sylk are the same or atleast are working together irl to pull shit off. And am fairly confident that leez is either one or both of them.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:01:28 PM

Really, I'm too pathologically honest. I was extremely suspicious of this, and other members counseled me to just wait for the package to arrive before sending anything. In the end I did because I had agreed that I would send half upon confirmation of the package being sent, and that was fulfilled. Still, we'll see what happens tomorrow, I'm actually hopeful that he'll return what I paid. I may not be in England, but I do know a lot about him. He got a relatively small sum of coins, and for most people it wouldn't be worth me contacting his foster sister, his parents, former employers, the local police and his profs to explain the situation to them. It might not do anything, but if I were a prof and I received reasonably solid proof that a student of mine was committing fraud on the internet I might not do anything about it, but I would definitely look twice for academic dishonesty in the future.

Sorry you got burned, but WTF bro?  Why would you not use escrow? 

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:03:29 PM

Sorry you got burned, but WTF bro?  Why would you not use escrow? 

because he was keeping his word that he would send half whne they got shipped. It was a rather large chunk of cards for someone to ship first on. I have to commend him for that and am sorry you he got burned for it.

- GA

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:06:22 PM

Holy fucking shit.  It's that easy?  Makes me want to give up the paltry 6.8% I'm making each week and just start scamming people.  It's much more profitable it seems.

Edit: Sorry, MrT.  I'm not necessarily directing at you.  Good man for holding up your part of the bargain.  It just pisses me off when I see people taken advantage of when it could easily be avoided.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:18:52 PM

Yes.

Also, there's no practical reason to releasing any funds at the time of shipping vs when the item is received. I could understand needing money prior to shipping in order to pay for the shipping, but once it's shipped, just keep the funds in escrow.

Even if the actual cards were sent, many shipping services allow the sender to redirect the package all the way until just before it is delivered. Until it arrives, assume that it is still in their possession.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:21:27 PM

I think it's time for a good doxing.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:27:48 PM

Just out of curiosity, where's the post where he's selling a SATA cable?

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:29:57 PM

There isn't one, of course. Smiley
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:34:00 PM

There isn't one, of course. Smiley

Well that does indeed suck.  How much did you send him? Sad

AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:35:58 PM

Did Azn atleast get his cpu?

Not yet. The shipping number is still invalid afaik too.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: