Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are we seen as "early adopters"?  (Read 5434 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:21:17 PM

On the beanie babies:

were beanie babies ever recognised as significantly valuable outside of the US? Or tulips outside of the Netherlands for that matter?

Seems like Bitcoin is recognised by at least like-minded people everywhere in the World. This is a clear indication that the motives behind toy adoption and crypto adoption are not exactly comparable. Right?

Sorry for responding to someone who most of you probably think is a troll but we lack a bit quality bears. :p

Duh!  Of course BTCeanie BTCabies were, and are, recognised as significantly valuable the world over.  
As we speak, shadowy banking cabals are secretly accumulating BTCeanies in a sinister ploy to control the world's BTCeanie supply.  No different from what they're doing with our Bitcoin.

Ignore the banksters' mass media lapdogs and popular press provocateurs--First they ignore us, then they laugh at us, then they fight us, then we win!

*You must be new here...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

were beanie babies ever recognised as significantly valuable outside of the US?

I'm french and I had never heard of the beanie babies before coming to this forum.

>not heard of BTCeanies
>french

That's why you've been losing cultural significance since the turn of the last century Undecided
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 04:34:00 PM

Bitcoin is just not stable enough at least not to the same level as say the Dollar and that scares merchants and consumers alike. A salary paid in real money, allows people to plan to the nearest cent their budget for the month, you wouldn't be able to do that with Bitcoin. If you have a family/children, it would be unbearable stress not knowing if your $100 worth of Bitcoin will still be worth $100 when you go to the grocery store next week. Bitcoin adoption will keep increasing slowly. It is however unlikely that it will rival real money anytime soon in its current form.

i disagree with you. i believe the 7 year graph here shows a very unstable currency that has a reputation for being used in fraudulent activity such as money laundering and other anonymous criminal activity. as can see in this 7year graph there is a crash after every peak of the dollar. that is volatility coupled with years of federal reserve qe printing causing unstatable currency could crash at any minute and looming bank bail-ins.:

Yes but you missed a very important detail: security. As far as I'm aware, during that period of time, you didn't wake up everyday to a different price for a loaf of bread. The Dollar can fluctuate but you still have the security of being able to buy the same amount of food for the same amount of Dollars (at least over a reasonable period of time). With Bitcoin fluctuations, you could wake up some day where, the BTC you hold is not enough for a loaf of bread even though, it was more than enough at the time you went to bed. Bitcoin is a commodity that derives its value from real money.

ok which part of this did you miss Huh ::

i disagree with you. i believe the 7 year graph here shows a very unstable currency that has a reputation for being used in fraudulent activity such as money laundering and other anonymous criminal activity. as can see in this 7year graph there is a crash after every peak of the dollar. that is unstable volatility coupled with years of federal reserve qe printing:

The dollar shows less than 20% volatility over the course of 7 years on your chart.
Ignoring the fact that Bitcoin didn't exist seven years ago, its volatility was in the order of 10,000% over just the past 5 years.

Bonus point:  Calculate the relative stability.

this guy says bitcoins early volatility is normal S curve activity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUPPYzzZrI

7 years ago on the chart was the runup to the 2007-2008 financial crisis... which eerily starting to look like todays chart.

it will stay volatile until it completes the S curve and finds it's price.

I didn't miss anything  Tongue If you look carefully, I'm addressing that specific comment you made, not the ones that came after it. Your graph shows the Dollar over time and we're talking about Bitcoin. The Dollar is a currency, Bitcoin is a commodity, the two evolve along completely different paths.

I had a look at your youtube link, I'm sorry but the guy has no idea what he's talking about. I understand the S curve but his analogy with the rats is way off. His prediction with the rats maybe close enough but it will not work for Bitcoin. The reason is simple, his scenario with the rats depicts adoption borne of necessity. Bitcoin is by no means a necessity, adoption rate is dictated by completely different variables  Wink

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

Bitcoin is just not stable enough at least not to the same level as say the Dollar and that scares merchants and consumers alike. A salary paid in real money, allows people to plan to the nearest cent their budget for the month, you wouldn't be able to do that with Bitcoin. If you have a family/children, it would be unbearable stress not knowing if your $100 worth of Bitcoin will still be worth $100 when you go to the grocery store next week. Bitcoin adoption will keep increasing slowly. It is however unlikely that it will rival real money anytime soon in its current form.

i disagree with you. i believe the 7 year graph here shows a very unstable currency that has a reputation for being used in fraudulent activity such as money laundering and other anonymous criminal activity. as can see in this 7year graph there is a crash after every peak of the dollar. that is volatility coupled with years of federal reserve qe printing causing unstatable currency could crash at any minute and looming bank bail-ins.:

Yes but you missed a very important detail: security. As far as I'm aware, during that period of time, you didn't wake up everyday to a different price for a loaf of bread. The Dollar can fluctuate but you still have the security of being able to buy the same amount of food for the same amount of Dollars (at least over a reasonable period of time). With Bitcoin fluctuations, you could wake up some day where, the BTC you hold is not enough for a loaf of bread even though, it was more than enough at the time you went to bed. Bitcoin is a commodity that derives its value from real money.

ok which part of this did you miss Huh ::

i disagree with you. i believe the 7 year graph here shows a very unstable currency that has a reputation for being used in fraudulent activity such as money laundering and other anonymous criminal activity. as can see in this 7year graph there is a crash after every peak of the dollar. that is unstable volatility coupled with years of federal reserve qe printing:

The dollar shows less than 20% volatility over the course of 7 years on your chart.
Ignoring the fact that Bitcoin didn't exist seven years ago, its volatility was in the order of 10,000% over just the past 5 years.

Bonus point:  Calculate the relative stability.

this guy says bitcoins early volatility is normal S curve activity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUPPYzzZrI

7 years ago on the chart was the runup to the 2007-2008 financial crisis... which eerily starting to look like todays chart.

it will stay volatile until it completes the S curve and finds it's price.

I didn't miss anything  Tongue If you look carefully, I'm addressing that specific comment you made, not the ones that came after it. Your graph shows the Dollar over time and we're talking about Bitcoin. The Dollar is a currency, Bitcoin is a commodity, the two evolve along completely different paths.

I had a look at your youtube link, I'm sorry but the guy has no idea what he's talking about. I understand the S curve but his analogy with the rats is way off. His prediction with the rats maybe close enough but it will not work for Bitcoin. The reason is simple, his scenario with the rats depicts adoption borne of necessity. Bitcoin is by no means a necessity, adoption rate is dictated by completely different variables  Wink

some people in this world are hopeless...
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:48:12 PM

Depends on which phase you think bitcoin is in.
If it still has not reached mass adoption, we are early adopters.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:35:31 PM

Early adopters is a marketing term and refers to the five groups of adoption. By numbers, we're still innovators, still no more then 2% of the possible users use it, and the first 2% are innovators.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:06:20 PM

Early adopters is a marketing term and refers to the five groups of adoption. By numbers, we're still innovators, still no more then 2% of the possible users use it, and the first 2% are innovators.

Sound argument.
And if you buy BTCeanie BTCabies today, you would also be an innovator.   Because "still no more then 2% of the possible users use [them]."
Don't miss this golden opportunity to buy in on the ground floor before the price spikes again.  If your Bitcoin doesn't work out, you'll have BTCeanies to fall back on.

~Happy Investing!
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Sound argument.
And if you buy BTCeanie BTCabies today, you would also be an innovator.   Because "still no more then 2% of the possible users use [them]."
Don't miss this golden opportunity to buy in on the ground floor before the price spikes again.  If your Bitcoin doesn't work out, you'll have BTCeanies to fall back on.

~Happy Investing!

When will you realize how retarded it is to compare beanie babies with actual disruptive technology? you can repeat it all day and it will not become true.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

When will you realize how retarded it is to compare beanie babies Bitcoin with actual disruptive technology, the revolutionary, game-changing, paradigm-shifting BTCeanie BTCabies? you can repeat it all day and it will not become true.

FTFY

The particular blockchain (Bitcoin) you have "invested" in is not the technology.  It is one of the infinite possible blockchains (CloneCoins).

~Happy Investing!
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:26:56 PM

When will you realize how retarded it is to compare beanie babies Bitcoin with actual disruptive technology, the revolutionary, game-changing, paradigm-shifting BTCeanie BTCabies? you can repeat it all day and it will not become true.

FTFY

The particular blockchain (Bitcoin) you have "invested" in is not the technology.  It is one of the infinite possible blockchains (CloneCoins).

~Happy Investing!

When the number of users for a clone coin matches or exceeds Bitcoin + when the market capital of a clone coin matches or exceeds Bitcoin + when the amount of venture capital invested in a clone coin matches or exceeds Bitcoin, then perhaps we can discuss the potential reality that another coin could overtake bitcoin.  We are a long, long way off from that conversation.

Happy Trolling!
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:55:25 PM

^
You have mentioned "disruptive technology."  I took the time to explain to you that if anything, the Bitcoin protocol may be described as a "disruptive technology," but not bitcoins themselves.

Since Bitcoiners enjoy comparing Bitcoin to the internet, by "investing" in bitcoin(the unit) you have invested in a block of IPv4 addys, nothing more.  So nao U kno.

Why not invest in something you do understand, like the revolutionary, game-changing, paradigm-shifting BTCeanie BTCabies?

~Happy Investing.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

The early adopters embraced Bitcoin 5-6 years ago.

People adopting it now, are among the last few thousands to ever adopt it.

Then why are you still here
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:39:56 PM

FTFY

~Happy Investing!

When the number of users for a clone coin matches or exceeds Bitcoin + when the market capital of a clone coin matches or exceeds Bitcoin + when the amount of venture capital invested in a clone coin matches or exceeds Bitcoin, then perhaps we can discuss the potential reality that another coin could overtake bitcoin.  We are a long, long way off from that conversation.

Happy Trolling!

It is possible to have a decent competitor to Bitcoin but there is none right now.

Bitcoin is well set up and its network is building.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

DRIVEL DRIVEL

Then why are you still here

Because troll
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:38:45 PM

The early adopters would be those who got into bitcoin before it hit mass media. Which is before mid 2012, i suppose?
FreeBambi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:38:56 PM

The days when you could just shout down dissenting posters who refuse to pump this scheme are over.
Your gravy train ride is over too.
Last stop, gentlemen.
Everybody out.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg
jaredboice

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:44:16 PM

Troll Spotter: Obscurebean is a troll. Just put him on ignore. You can't argue with a troll. They are only here to spread FUD and you waste your time trying to persuade those who aren't here to be swayed
jaredboice

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:46:53 PM

Of course it should go without saying that exocytosis and notlambchop are also serial trolls
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: