Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox Withdrawal Clarification  (Read 4040 times)
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:12:45 AM

Ok, I celebrate your suddenly sincerity stroke.

Now a question from a non US user:

- Can you please make the same sincerity effort with tainted coins policy? Look. I (and I'm sure a lot of people too) am in no way taking the risk of using your exchange because I suspect you use a dark tainted coin list and a tracking blockchain software to follow them. Is it any way that we, the customers, can gain acces to this software-database before the bitcoin transfer or will the use of your service continue being an act of faith?

I believe that this has been made clear already on the forum, but the short answer is : we are not going to do anything to this coins unless we are asked to. Basically if an exchange need our help and want us follow these coins we will do what we can to help.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 02:34:33 PM

Thanks for the announcement. I heard these rumors and guessed it had to do with Dwolla, since I've had no trouble with SEPA, and I wasn't particularly worried about your solvency... but I think you guys deserve a lot of credit for stepping out in front of the rumors and giving everyone these clear, intelligible answers. I sure wish some other business owners would do that...

This community tends toward conspiracy theory, probably just because of the nature of Bitcoin, and there's no shortage of people itching to get publicly abusive and angry just to have their jollies in a forum. And ultimately if they're not just trolling, it's their money, and their right to do so; but not every business handles criticism very well, let alone the sheer volume and unwarranted intensity of abuse you guys are subjected to. You've shown again that you're a class act. My hat's off to you.

Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:47:29 AM

Thanks for the announcement. I heard these rumors and guessed it had to do with Dwolla, since I've had no trouble with SEPA, and I wasn't particularly worried about your solvency... but I think you guys deserve a lot of credit for stepping out in front of the rumors and giving everyone these clear, intelligible answers. I sure wish some other business owners would do that...

This community tends toward conspiracy theory, probably just because of the nature of Bitcoin, and there's no shortage of people itching to get publicly abusive and angry just to have their jollies in a forum. And ultimately if they're not just trolling, it's their money, and their right to do so; but not every business handles criticism very well, let alone the sheer volume and unwarranted intensity of abuse you guys are subjected to. You've shown again that you're a class act. My hat's off to you.

Thanks we really appreciate your comments and understanding of the situation.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 02:30:36 AM

- Can you please make the same sincerity effort with tainted coins policy? Look. I (and I'm sure a lot of people too) am in no way taking the risk of using your exchange because I suspect you use a dark tainted coin list and a tracking blockchain software to follow them. Is it any way that we, the customers, can gain acces to this software-database before the bitcoin transfer or will the use of your service continue being an act of faith?

I believe that this has been made clear already on the forum, but the short answer is : we are not going to do anything to this coins unless we are asked to. Basically if an exchange need our help and want us follow these coins we will do what we can to help.

So you are going to hold funds on request from other exchanges? Only exchanges no one else? Will you be telling the victim which exchange froze their funds?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:53:38 AM

So you are going to hold funds on request from other exchanges? Only exchanges no one else? Will you be telling the victim which exchange froze their funds?

Here you are a post from MagicalTux https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=73385.msg817963#msg817963

"We do not lock an account because of tainted coins, however we may require an ID. We may lock an account only if we have evidence the account owner is actually behind the theft, or if law enforcement have reached that conclusion and gets a court to order us to lock the account.

The coins may be returned to the real owner only if we actually caught and locked an account. If you are not the thief and act without knowledge that the coins you have are stolen, then you are "not wrong" (the place where you got the coins from is, and we may ask you where you transferred those coins from so the law enforcement can continue their investigation).
So far we have only been able to lock coins once (in 3 cases), and only a part. We cannot decide to return the coins to the original owner, a court has to decide this for us.

I'll see so we publish whatever we can publish on this next week."

bagazaga

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:52:50 AM

You said, that everything is alright, but there are still delayed payments. OKPay is still not accepting bitcoins(afaik, they stopped accepting bitcoins, when you started delaying wire payments). I have one delayed withdrawal to OKPay(it's 4 days old already), support gives some silly explainations. What does that mean: "We have retried your withdrawal and will inform you once it is processed." ? What's there to try? You can only do that transfer, or not. There is nothing to try.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:26:57 AM

You said, that everything is alright, but there are still delayed payments. OKPay is still not accepting bitcoins(afaik, they stopped accepting bitcoins, when you started delaying wire payments). I have one delayed withdrawal to OKPay(it's 4 days old already), support gives some silly explainations. What does that mean: "We have retried your withdrawal and will inform you once it is processed." ? What's there to try? You can only do that transfer, or not. There is nothing to try.

at a guess they sent the TX and are waiting to see if it bounces back.
International bank wires are slow.

bagazaga

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 06:09:41 PM

International bank wires are slow.

But not that slow.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: