Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ownership of BritCoin up for auction  (Read 2836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
will7am (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:17:34 PM

Hello everyone. Smiley

So since launching last June, BritCoin has come a long way from humble beginnings and I still believe it has a long way to go.  The goal is for BritCoin to become a real long term competitor of BTC within the British marketplace, but sadly due to time and funding issues on my behalf, I have come to the decision that I am not the right person to take this project forward.

Due to the fact that I am unaware of anyone personally who is right for taking this project forward, I have decided to put ownership of BritCoin up for auction.

As mentioned in the auction listing, the winner will be given full support from myself and I will always be on hand to give any advice needed, as well as staying active in the community when possible.

As far as I'm aware this is a first in the altcoin world;

https://flippa.com/3411871-britcoin-first-digital-cryptocurrency-for-sale-on-flippa

I'm happy to answer any questions etc.  But please keep the FUD to a minimum..  I have not taking this decision lightly and would appreciate some civility in this thread.

Regards, Will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:52:41 PM

you're selling a website since you can't own a coin (assuming its open source and a bitcoin fork). you should make that clear and its weird that you would even advertise it as something else. or are you selling some kind of airdrop premine?
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

you're selling a website since you can't own a coin (assuming its open source and a bitcoin fork). you should make that clear and its weird that you would even advertise it as something else. or are you selling some kind of airdrop premine?

I can see where you're coming from, you are right that it's the websites for sale (homepage and fiat to Brit platform etc) but it is also for control of the BritCoin network and further developments, including the node servers.  Maybe ownership isn't the right term, but it's the closest thing I can think of that matches what's for sale.

If you have a better word then please let me know. Smiley

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:15:32 PM

And you made this thread censored exactly why?
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

And you made this thread censored exactly why?

The reason for the moderated thread is I know how things go on BCT.  I have no problem with civilised discourse, but it's obvious there will be a flood of morons screaming shitcoin without adding anything to the thread..  Or even knowing anything about BritCoin.

I would never delete any posts that have a legitimate questions or concern, but I'm not giving people an outlet to shitpost and scare potential buyers for no reason.

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:39:27 PM

3 days remaining and $500 is the current bid.

ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:36:04 PM

There's a nice possibly that buying now while it's very cheap will be advantages for the future. Change is happening and this coin may get rolling back to the top again.

ProGamer

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:48:04 AM

So who bought Britcoin? A skilled dev? Domain squatter? Scammer? Community? New dev?
clackersmaracas

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:39:32 AM

Well all quiet so far, I think it was a negative move not working with the Britcoin stakeholders and community for a positive transfer of the brand.

I think working together the Britcoin community could have formed a foundation, attracted some crowdfunding or investment and given the coin some real status in the digital currency sector.

I hope that whoever purchased the website is an active and forward thinking individual or group that recognises its potential and future value in the sector.

It's also worthwhile noting that stakeholders of existing coins, should in conventional rights, have a say in the future of Britcoin and any changes that affect them.

A statement from the new "owners", I would rather use Custodians, would be gratefully received.
ProGamer

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:44:28 AM

Any news from new owners?
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:52:30 PM

Please don't fall for this. The OP himself placed the $500 bid with another account of his, in order to try and bring in other idiots to actually bid.

No one has bid to buy Britcoin...After all it's open-source right? So why would anyone in their right mind, buy an open-source cryptocurrency. Those words themselves in one sentence are ironic.
ProGamer

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:43:21 PM

Please don't fall for this. The OP himself placed the $500 bid with another account of his, in order to try and bring in other idiots to actually bid.

No one has bid to buy Britcoin...After all it's open-source right? So why would anyone in their right mind, buy an open-source cryptocurrency. Those words themselves in one sentence are ironic.

The bidding was for the website, github accounts, twitter accounts, etc...

So who bought the Britcoin stuff and what's there plan?
ProGamer

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:16:51 PM

Why have we heard nothing from the auction winners?
PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:39:54 PM

will7am ?? who is new owner of Britcoin ? hope this time good Dev takeover this project and work on merchants and promotion of Coin Smiley
ProGamer

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:07:03 PM

will7am ?? who is new owner of Britcoin ? hope this time good Dev takeover this project and work on merchants and promotion of Coin Smiley

Hopefully he is ok with me posting this, but this is the response I got form him. All hope is not lost.

Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1445
Merit: 1161

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:19:10 PM

A great coin with a great coin specification.  I hope a new development team are formed very soon Cheesy

Interesting times ahead.

P.S. The coin is very cheap, hence the reason why I bought more.
ProGamer

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

A great coin with a great coin specification.  I hope a new development team are formed very soon Cheesy

Interesting times ahead.

P.S. The coin is very cheap, hence the reason why I bought more.

Good! We must keep it on Bittrex or else we have a significantly lesser chance of making the coin popular.

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on December 19th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

There are people buying so the coin doesn't get delisted right?
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:26:02 PM

It will be interesting to see what the new team will come up with.

I hope they are British?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1445
Merit: 1161

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:55:05 PM

It will be interesting to see what the new team will come up with.

I hope they are British?

Looking forward to a new development team.  This coin can go places Cheesy
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:05:46 PM

You can sell the ownership of open source products? What.

Couldn't anyone just make a hardfork and attempt to bring as many people over as possible without the need of an auction?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: